IGNORED

So who is leaving

liamhealeybcfc96

• Admin
56 minutes ago, liamhealeybcfc96 said:

We have lots of midfielders now  I feel some will get moved on Either on loan or permanent which out of these will leave 

Adam Nagy 

Han Noah Massengo

Joe Morrell

Joe Williams

Liam Walsh

Jamie Paterson

kasey Palmer

Sammie  Szmodics 

Chris Brunt 

Niclas Eliasson 

Callum O’Dowda 

Tyreeq Bakinson 

Hakeeb Adelakun 

Adelakun, Elliason and Szmodics to leave 

Morrell, Walsh and Bakinson loaned out

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

No chance. We need the latter for his link up play to rotate w/ Nagy; the former replaces Smith.

I'd say Bakinson, Eliasson, Adelakun, - possibly Rowe.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd be very annoyed if Morrell and Walsh were loaned out again. 

I’d be surprised if either of those two are loaned out.

Szmodics is clearly on his way judging by the Holden interview. I can’t see Adelakun staying here. I thought Eliasson was on his way but seems we have offered him a contract - perhaps he will still go though. Holden has talked up Bakinson in pre-season but perhaps he”ll go out on loan when Williams is fit.

I wonder about Nagy. A fit Nagy would be great - he started so well before his injury - but I do wonder whether he may be one to move on (he did indicate last season that it was taking him a while to settle in England and perhaps that is still the case). A shame if so. 

I’m also unsure where Palmer fits in. He couldn’t even get game time v Exeter despite injuries and internationals. 

Our midfield's evolution is a great enigma.

My prediction: Eliasson and Szmodics sold, Palmer, Bakinson and Adelakun loaned out.

That would leave us with:

Walsh...Williams...Paterson/Brunt                                                                                                                                                                          Morrell...Nagy...Massengo               + O'Dowda as 2nd LWB and Rowe as 5th CB (6th when Baker will be back)                                                                                     

Not sure about Walsh after Brunt's arrival: Liam's contractual situation could push City to sell him, and Brunt would take his place.  However, if Pato was used as a striker to replace Fammy, a creative player like Walsh would become even more important. In any case, I'd be disappointed (more for Fammy, probably).

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No chance Walsh will be loaned out based on DHs interview tonight IMO.

For me it’s Szmodics (possibly permanent) Elliason if he doesn’t sign his contract, Adelukan on loan and I’ve got a feeling Nagy might go too.

DH sounds like he likes Bakinson but may see a loan more beneficial for him?

I can see Walsh, Massengo, Williams and Brunt vying for 2 of the 3 midfield places with Paterson, Palmer and COD sharing the attacking midfield positon

Morrell to stay around and pick up experience with some sub appearances / cup etc

47 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Morrell to stay around and pick up experience with some sub appearances / cup etc

The guy is bossing it for Wales at the moment and is 23. He won't be looking for just the odd game here and there, he will be right in the mixer for starting. 

The five players I see as not fitting into the squad are Eliasson, O’Dowda, Szmodics, Palmer and Adelakun.

However Holden seemed to imply Palmer may have a future and Eliasson will too if he signs a contract so I wonder if a couple of others will move.

Willians, Brunt, Walsh and Morrell seem to be the players absolutely nailed on to stay and Paterson seems very much in the managers’ plans. Of the senior non-fringe players, that leaves Nagy and Massengo. I’d be surprised and disappointed if either or both went but neither were getting in the team at the end of last season and I can see it if Palmer and/or Eliasson stay.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know who we'd like to say bye bye to, but it's all too unpredictable to be sure.

If I was Adelakun, I'd not bother applying for a 2021 Bristol parking permit though. 

I think a lot comes down to how many of our surplus players have suitors .

We know that Szmodics does so I am certain that he will go.

Bakinson is wanted at Plymouth so he could go out on loan to Home Park .

Eliasson’s agent is being very active so I imagine that the lad will go abroad or to a lower Prem side. 

Adelakun has admirers also so I think we’ve seen the last of him in a City shirt. 

Adam Nagy - Stay 

Han Noah Massengo - unsure, possibly stay then loaned out in winter window. 

Joe Morrell - Stay 

Joe Williams - Stay 

Liam Walsh - Stay (with a year left on his contract may change and sold if no signs of staying. Hopefully signs a new deal) 

Jamie Paterson - Stay, but one more forward may change the mindset and could leave. 

kasey Palmer - Sold or Loan 

Sammie  Szmodics  - Sold hopefully with a good sell on clause.

Chris Brunt - Stay 

Niclas Eliasson  - Sold, only based on contract situation. 

Callum O’Dowda  - Sold 

Tyreeq Bakinson - If the others I predicted sold or loaned he stays. If no other movers then loaned to a lower Championship club

Hakeeb Adelakun - Sold or loaned. 

27 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Going from the interview last night

Adam Nagy - Stay

Han Noah Massengo-Stay

Joe Morrell- Stay

Joe Williams-Stay

Liam Walsh- Stay

Jamie Paterson- Stay

kasey Palmer- May go to get games, not sure whether loan or perm

Sammie  Szmodics- has a number of options assume would be perm

Chris Brunt - Cover/Rotation for the Left

Niclas Eliasson - trying to Bobby Reid him, wants him to stay

Callum O’Dowda - possibly do a Luke Freeman and end up with what seems like a bizarre club initially

Tyreeq Bakinson - Deffo stay, impressed by knocking on the door and has impressed 

Hakeeb Adelakun - Off 

That would leave us Nagy, Massengo, Morrell, Williams, Walsh, Brunt and Bakinson all vying for the 2 centre mid positions, as it looks clear that DH will play with at least 1 attacking midfielder. 

How would you rotate those 7 players in those 2 positions to keep them all happy and give them the game time they need to develop? It would really slow down their progress to have them being on the bench that much and not being on the pitch for a consistent run.

We also don’t know what Holden intends with Palmer, Eliasson or O’Dowda either. 

After how well it worked for Walsh and Morrell last year, Bakinson could certainly do with going on loan to somewhere like Plymouth and playing as much as possible. Otherwise it’s  one of him, Morrell or Massengo who’ll find their game time lacking. 

44 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Adam Nagy - Stay 

Han Noah Massengo - unsure, possibly stay then loaned out in winter window. 

Joe Morrell - Stay 

Joe Williams - Stay 

Liam Walsh - Stay (with a year left on his contract may change and sold if no signs of staying. Hopefully signs a new deal) 

Jamie Paterson - Stay, but one more forward may change the mindset and could leave. 

kasey Palmer - Sold or Loan 

Sammie  Szmodics  - Sold hopefully with a good sell on clause.

Chris Brunt - Stay 

Niclas Eliasson  - Sold, only based on contract situation. 

Callum O’Dowda  - Sold 

Tyreeq Bakinson - If the others I predicted sold or loaned he stays. If no other movers then loaned to a lower Championship club

Hakeeb Adelakun - Sold or loaned. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Nagy went, not that I want him to go , just wouldn’t surprise me. 

7 hours ago, eardun said:

I’d be surprised if either of those two are loaned out.

Szmodics is clearly on his way judging by the Holden interview. I can’t see Adelakun staying here. I thought Eliasson was on his way but seems we have offered him a contract - perhaps he will still go though. Holden has talked up Bakinson in pre-season but perhaps he”ll go out on loan when Williams is fit.

I wonder about Nagy. A fit Nagy would be great - he started so well before his injury - but I do wonder whether he may be one to move on (he did indicate last season that it was taking him a while to settle in England and perhaps that is still the case). A shame if so. 

I’m also unsure where Palmer fits in. He couldn’t even get game time v Exeter despite injuries and internationals. 

Nagy is crucial this season, he will be the pivot in front of the 3 CBs and will for me be the one to buzz around the midfield leaving the likes of Morrell, Walsh, Williams, Brunt to play ahead of him and link with the wing backs and forwards 

I think we under estimate how good he is due to his injuries last season but he is an excellent player and I expect him to shine this season

Adam Nagy - Stay

Han Noah Massengo - Stay

Joe Morrell - Stay 

Joe Williams - Stay

Liam Walsh - Sold if doesn't sign a new contract

Jamie Paterson - Stay

kasey Palmer - Stay

Sammie Szmodics - Sold

Chris Brunt - Stay 

Niclas Eliasson - Sold if doesn't sign a new contract

Callum O’Dowda - Loan, I feel like he's lost his way a bit like Pato did, a loan away may be good for him. 

Tyreeq Bakinson - Loan to a top league one club (like Bristol rovers I mean they are one of the biggest clubs in the country) 

Hakeeb Adelakun - Sold

6 hours ago, Selred said:

The guy is bossing it for Wales at the moment and is 23. He won't be looking for just the odd game here and there, he will be right in the mixer for starting. 

That's fair, I haven't watched the Wales games but read reports. For his sake he needs to be playing, but has a few players ahead of him at the moment. I can see him being 3rd or 4th choice out of 2 midfield positions and at some point getting a chance due to injury/rotation. That'll be his chance to impress and make it his place.

9 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

2 games a week on average. 

DH has said that will have to rotate as required. 

Some will get sub time others rest, others play. 

This isnt about loaning

Given high tempo high press and changes as mentioned i think DH is going to pick teams based on what he think will work against the opposition, which means we will see some very different pairings as the season goes on. 

Regards development, all capable of playing champs or higher so let them get experience playing there when it's available. 

Knackered players cost us when we went high tempo, high press before, this time we dont have that issue. 

I'm expecting lots of rotation as season goes on following DHs comnents. 

Football is a long way from 1st XI forever this time around and that could be in our favour. 

I agree with everything you say, but 5 players would be optimal for this. 7 is stockpiling.

Archived