IGNORED

So who is leaving

liamhealeybcfc96

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Wouldn't be bothered if Nagy went. He has done very little since he has been here, Hopefully we see what Morrell can do.

I reckon there is a player in there and as a compliment to Morrell. He looked really really good before his injury which combined with alleged settling issues made him lose his way a little. This season will be the make or break for him, if you believe the club's output he's come back fit and seems keen to impress.

17 hours ago, liamhealeybcfc96 said:

We have lots of midfielders now  I feel some will get moved on Either on loan or permanent which out of these will leave 

Adam Nagy 

Han Noah Massengo

Joe Morrell

Joe Williams

Liam Walsh

Jamie Paterson

kasey Palmer

Sammie  Szmodics 

Chris Brunt 

Niclas Eliasson 

Callum O’Dowda 

Tyreeq Bakinson 

Hakeeb Adelakun 

I'll put my cock on the block and say not Joe Williams or Chris Brunt!

Well first ones right, with SS going. Strange signing and wonder if it was one of those that we bought just to improve and sell on with no intention of him making the squad? Was always behind Paterson, Palmer and arguably Eliason and COD in any number 10/behind the striker role. Shame as he looks a decent player

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

These French sources come from nowhere, but they tend to be factual.

Although Dijon broke their transfer record just 3 days ago to sign an Ivory Coast striker for €3.6m, prior to which their record was just €2m. That doesn't sound like a club that is about to also shell out on what we're likely to expect for Fam. Not does Ligue 1 strike me as the sort of place Fam considers a forward step.

Side note - Lois Diony came from Dijon.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

These French sources come from nowhere, but they tend to be factual.

If you remember Kodjia’s transfer was broken by the French sports media, who tend to be very good.

Dijon is a lovely place but they are not a big club, they narrowly stayed up last season & had to win a playoff to remain in the top flight the year before.

However for a native French speaker with a history of playing there this may well appeal, I guess it would come down to the money they offered him & us, though I would doubt we would get any more than we originally paid.

49 minutes ago, Olé said:

Although Dijon broke their transfer record just 3 days ago to sign an Ivory Coast striker for €3.6m, prior to which their record was just €2m. That doesn't sound like a club that is about to also shell out on what we're likely to expect for Fam. Not does Ligue 1 strike me as the sort of place Fam considers a forward step.

Side note - Lois Diony came from Dijon.

they owe us then!

14 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I agree with everything you say, but 5 players would be optimal for this. 7 is stockpiling.

5 isn’t enough . One injury and you’re stretched. If you’re playing 3 in midfield you need at least 2 on the bench at any one time . In a normal season , we would of already played 5-6 league games  ,with cup games , we’ll need at least 6 . We’ve got a very condensed season. We’ve got enough various types of midfielders now to cover all bases. If Eliasson , Palmer and o’dowda leave and Bakinson on Loan. 

That leaves. Nagy, massengo, Morrell, brunt, Walsh , pato, wiemann who can also play up top. That’s fine. 

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

5 isn’t enough . One injury and you’re stretched. If you’re playing 3 in midfield you need at least 2 on the bench at any one time . In a normal season , we would of already played 5-6 league games  ,with cup games , we’ll need at least 6 . We’ve got a very condensed season. We’ve got enough various types of midfielders now to cover all bases. If Eliasson , Palmer and o’dowda leave and Bakinson on Loan. 

That leaves. Nagy, massengo, Morrell, brunt, Walsh , pato, wiemann who can also play up top. That’s fine. 

Can completely agree with that. I was more bemoaning keeping Bakinson around as cover when we have more than enough cover now with Brunt and also Rowe in those positions. It worked wonders for Walsh and Morrell to go out and get 30+ games in L1 so I think it would be far better for his development to do exactly the same. 

On 08/09/2020 at 08:40, Badger08 said:

Have city ever had so much talent in one squad? Anyway, here is what I would do:

Adam Nagy - Keep 

Han Noah Massengo - Keep 

Joe Morrell - Keep (new contract)

Joe Williams - Keep

Liam Walsh - Keep (new contract)

Jamie Paterson - Keep (new contract)

kasey Palmer - Reluctantly sell

Sammie  Szmodics - Sell to posh

Chris Brunt - Keep

Niclas Eliasson - Offer contract 

Callum O’Dowda - Sell - Although I get a funny feeling he will flourish elsewhere 

Tyreeq Bakinson - Keep 

Hakeeb Adelakun - Sell 

Agree with every word.

On 08/09/2020 at 08:40, Badger08 said:

Have city ever had so much talent in one squad? Anyway, here is what I would do:

Adam Nagy - Keep 

Han Noah Massengo - Keep 

Joe Morrell - Keep (new contract)

Joe Williams - Keep

Liam Walsh - Keep (new contract)

Jamie Paterson - Keep (new contract)

kasey Palmer - Reluctantly sell

Sammie  Szmodics - Sell to posh

Chris Brunt - Keep

Niclas Eliasson - Offer contract 

Callum O’Dowda - Sell - Although I get a funny feeling he will flourish elsewhere 

Tyreeq Bakinson - Keep 

Hakeeb Adelakun - Sell 

This is pretty much where I am too.

The one I'd disagree with and think and hope could really excel in this Holden system rotating for game time with Paterson is Kasey Palmer. If kept on, I think this system (and Holden's 'express yourself' mentality) will get the best out of him as will playing alongside players like Williams, Morrell, Walsh, Mawson, Martin and even Taylor Moore who he will be able to link up with much easier in Holden's more high tempo style.

Having a look at the video below it struck me particularly in the Huddersfield (he helped get them promoted that season of course) and Blackburn clips how effective he looked in a deeper role than we have often seen him, pinging passes around as you'd expect but also getting stuck into challenges and harrying the opposition when not in possession.

I think Fam will go.

If he was going to stay he would of signed by now. We need to sell now to retain any fee.

If we get 3 million back it will be successful business considering the goals he's scored and probably prevented defending corners.

Good player and always gave his all but if his heart isn't here anymore let him go.

59 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I think Fam will go.

If he was going to stay he would of signed by now. We need to sell now to retain any fee.

If we get 3 million back it will be successful business considering the goals he's scored and probably prevented defending corners.

Good player and always gave his all but if his heart isn't here anymore let him go.

I was just about to post something similar. The fact he has not signed a new contract suggests he has no real intention of signing if a better offer comes along. The longer this goes on the harder it will be to replace him.  I am sure they are but let us hope the club are looking at this situation now.

20 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Interesting that DH said KP text him asking for a chat today. Wonder if that was a talk about his opportunities (or lack thereof) and a move away if he won’t get any game time....

similar to what I saw with Danny rose and mourinho on the spurs documentary on amazon

Good spot. I thought that when I read it too. No doubt he would have wanted to discuss where Dean sees him fitting in under the new management plans but no doubt that he probably would want a move if he thinks his time here will be a carry on from Lee's approach. 

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  Such a shame his time hasn't worked out and his best moments (for me) were when he linked up with Afobe who got the best out of him (certainly his confidence seemed sky high).

Archived