IGNORED

Do You Remember The First Time?

Silvio Dante

19 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I wonder how long-time OTIB posters would say the forum has developed as social media/the internet has become more widespread?

I bet there’s an interesting dissertation to be written on the evolution of social media like this. Perhaps it’s already been done.

In respect of both appearance and functionality, this forum is superior to almost every other forum I have ever visited. That’s a credit to @TomF.

Its also one of the most used as far as I can tell, given our lowly stature over the past 20 years.

In respect of content, it’s difficult. I still thoroughly enjoy it but it feels different, less of a ‘chat down the pub’.

I certainly feel like I have to read and re read some posts before i publish as they just get mis interpreted. I’ve always tried to not take it seriously.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

I do wonder where the likes of Teepee are, I remember his flash 250/500 post gifs and those chefs trousers for the first R&W night v the Gas.

T&P were his initials - changed his user name to England iirc. and later famously announced (on here or elsewhere) that he had beaten a 50 year addiction to Bristol City F.C. and wouldn't be going to AG again - or posting on OTIB.

Probably about 15 years ago; he must be getting on a bit now.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

I wonder how long-time OTIB posters would say the forum has developed as social media/the internet has become more widespread?

I bet there’s an interesting dissertation to be written on the evolution of social media like this. Perhaps it’s already been done.

In appearance it has always stayed ahead of the ‘competition’

In regards to threads etc, it’s quite hard to remember but from what I can think back to, I don’t see it as much different now. It has always been a pretty busy place with a lot of good opinions and debate. 

2 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

My first post I spelt surely as ‘shorly’ got rightly castrated and didn’t come back for a year or so. 

Yep, in them days if you made a rudimentary spelling error we'd slice yer balls off. And, as you say, rightly so. 

Of course these days that kind of retribution is frowned upon, sadly. 'kin snowflakes! 

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

I’ve been active on here almost as long as TomF and imv this place is as interesting as it always been. 

Theres always been varying and conflicting opinions  and at times conflict between posters over 20 odd years and to me otib hasn’t changed much over that time - difference being the individual posters who evolve over time but essentially it’s very much the same.

After all we are football fans and regardless of your generation we all have one thing in common - Bristol City.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It was a former poster richieb who told me about otib - must have been 20 odd years ago in the old SC bar under the Dolman. Back then the skin was very different and has gone thru a number of transformations  over the years since.

Is that botox, fillers or plastic surgery and would GJ still recognise you?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Oddly a name that I always remember was Dr Faustas, was a Rovers supporter, but was one of the more sensible ones

Faustus and MaloneFM were always good fun.

I've always had the image in my head of those two like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppets

Waldorf and Statler.jpg

I don’t remember my first time ( or my last time come to think of it. ) but felt honoured to be so kindly accepted by one and , mostly , all on this great forum of ours. 

I don’t take it too seriously and try to be kind , make people smile and sometimes make them think . 

OTIB gives me a connection with the club and old blighty that I didn’t have previously.

I thank you all.

One last thing , everybody should be able to donate a fiver to help keep the forum going . It gives you as many ‘ likes ‘ as you can eat for your money .

It's a weird world on here for sure.

From memory I joined whilst I was working abroad...I think that's the case. Missing all things from home and Bristol City.

I've found over the years I've been prolific or hardly ever...often depending on changes in life circumstances.

I've learnt to not take it seriously...and to not judge people. As we often don't know what's going on in their lives. For some people...it seems, it's best not to post on here when things aren't going to plan in the real world as it's obvious frustrations get taken out in here. 

I've also met some lovely people from here. Never how you imagine them.

I always think it's funny if you meet a City fan and mention otib, and whether they use it and you swap user names. 

I've had...' I really enjoy reading your posts'...to...' you come across as an obnoxious manual manipulator on there' :laugh:

I find it odd that I've had over 10,000 people/visits look at my profile. What's that all about? Spooky...what do they want to know? :laugh:

I've shared info I've heard...had people ask me to share info to put things right. 

Really enjoy most of it...learnt not to bite anymore and not to post when not knowing the whole facts.

Find most of it funny... especially how people's tune changes like the tide.

Either way it's fun,and a distraction for me anyway, away from work ?

Archived