IGNORED

Do You Remember The First Time?

Silvio Dante

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

This is Hardcore and His n' Hers are criminally underrated albums.

So much talk about who was best out of Oasis and Blur when the answer was Pulp 

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Reading earlier on wondering where some top notch posters have been for a while got me thinking. We all have an odd relationship with this place and all of us will have had times when we don’t post and others where we’re prolific. I have periods where I don’t post on here (don’t imagine I’m missed!) but also didn’t post for ages having originally signed up. 

So, in the reverse of where is a poster now, do you remember how you started - why and what you posted on originally here - and more to the point, do you regret it...

No, no and not sure

I started posting in 2008, having read for a number of years before.

The most memorable time was one summer when a poster "yessir" was identified as Uncle Pete Johnson, or our head of recruitment (?) during Gary's reign. He'd post cryptic comments about targets and signings.

I'm pretty sure he once even alluded to being in a taxi in Cairo while we were chasing the infamous Emad Moteab. Anyone else remember that, or am I going mad?

Also echo the comments about the amazing quality of the forum and the posts here. Far better than any other I've visited recently.

I have been on here since the start but don’t post as much as I used to but read a lot of it.

I go back to the City List days of the mid 90s though and there were only 20 or so of us on it back then: people like Aizoon, Jer Boon, Jeremy P and pretty sure @Olé was on it too if memory serves me right. Good old days then! ?

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I started posting in 2008, having read for a number of years before.

The most memorable time was one summer when a poster "yessir" was identified as Uncle Pete Johnson, or our head of recruitment (?) during Gary's reign. He'd post cryptic comments about targets and signings.

I'm pretty sure he once even alluded to being in a taxi in Cairo while we were chasing the infamous Emad Moteab. Anyone else remember that, or am I going mad?

Also echo the comments about the amazing quality of the forum and the posts here. Far better than any other I've visited recently.

Nope you aren’t going mad, he was ranting on about insane car drivers in Cairo.

Very Rowley Birkin..

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Haven’t heard much from Michael McIndoe on here since just before his book came out.

You mean it’s like he came on here to drum up some sales and then fucked off into the abyss.  I mean I’ve heard he’s got previous.. 

I honestly can’t remember my first post or when it happened. 
I was a regular poster on the old BBC 606 before it was discontinued and remember a few regulars on here from those days. I kept my old 606 name. 
Several good friends of mine are members and I joined really on their recommendation - but interestingly I hardly ever see them post these days!!

i realise this might wind some people up, but I tend to avoid this forum after a poor defeat - and when there were heated Lee Johnson fights going on, as I found them depressing. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and entitled to voice them on here and I am equally entitled to stay away when it gets toxic - plus I was worried I might get dragged into the melee after a few beers!!!!

I tend to post more frequently on Not606 and I know there are a few other regulars from here on that forum. 

I just read this back and it seems negative - that’s not the intention. There are some great debates on here and I enjoy participating. Keep up the good work!!

Joined this forum back in 2003 when The Gap was still a bedwetting toddler (look how he’s grown!!) and was a member of a forerunner before that as recall posting on it around the time of the LDV Vans final that year alongside such luminaries as Percy Parrot.

There was a joint City/Gash forum around for a while when I was at Uni in the earlier days of the internet. That was fun, particularly in 1998 when we went up, beat the scum three times and the Rent Boys choked against Northampton in the playoff.

Then even earlier than that there was the City mailing list, but I didn’t last long with that because you’d get hundreds of emails a day spamming you with all manner of City-related topics that was overwhelming, and Jer Boon’s excellent (and as far as I know original) “Fantasy S***head” game.

City seemed to have a pretty good online presence from the mid-90s when the www was in its infancy.

3rd October 2009, apparently. I remember becoming aware of OTIB after Millwall at home and there was a fight down on the Cumberland Basin, a coach stopped...my friend told me people had been reported killed so I had to check it out. This happened in 2010 so I must be mistaken, unless I’m in a time warp.

There was another forum running at the same time, can’t remember what it was called...

Just checked my archive on here (from 2014) and my primary concerns re pasties and tea haven’t really changed since then.

Archived