IGNORED

Winning/Losing Streaks

bcfc01

Hopefully they are behind us, but Dean Ashton saying here that he thinks its a mental issue with the players;

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-ashton-explains-what-dean-4495207

I put it down to the continual changes made in the starting lineups after losing a game or two with LJ panicking and trying to find a winning team. But maybe Ashton is correct and maybe bringing in the likes of Brunt, Martin, and Mawson with their combined experience can put an end to these streaks of wins or losses ?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

To a degree it is a confidence issue, but it's no coincidence this doesn't happen to every side. 

Yet seemed to always be a problem wherever LJ was Managing 

Certainly happened at Barnsley - did it happen at Oldham ?

This happened pretty regularly throughout LJ's tenure. With the turnover of players, I find it difficult to believe they all had mentality issues. Edit: As also pointed out by Phantom, was also a common theme with LJ at other clubs too.

28 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Hopefully they are behind us, but Dean Ashton saying here that he thinks its a mental issue with the players;

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-ashton-explains-what-dean-4495207

I put it down to the continual changes made in the starting lineups after losing a game or two with LJ panicking and trying to find a winning team. But maybe Ashton is correct and maybe bringing in the likes of Brunt, Martin, and Mawson with their combined experience can put an end to these streaks of wins or losses ?

A former player talking out his arse about something he knows nothing about. 

10 minutes ago, Kibs said:

This happened pretty regularly throughout LJ's tenure. With the turnover of players, I find it difficult to believe they all had mentality issues. Edit: As also pointed out by Phantom, was also a common theme with LJ at other clubs too.

Completely agree. Dean Ashton doesn’t know what he’s talking about 

Archived