IGNORED

Denmark Vs England

phantom

It’s exactly what it promised with the line up. Awful. 

Might be good enough to nick it, but this team gets hammered again by anyone half decent. Just do not get this line up at all. So many defensive minded players, right footed players on the left, Dier with the turning circle of a small continent. 

I’ve never really been sold on Southgate really. Seems like a decent bloke but not convinced he’s a ‘winner’.

The England job is obviously a hard job, but a challenge that would interest a vast proportion of managers the world over. Is Southgate really the best we can do? I read Ralf Ragnerick was close before Southgate got the job.. would prefer him to be honest. 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

A truly world class front 3 in Sancho Kane and Sterling but it all goes to pot after that. We will never win a tournament with that back four and Pickford.

I don’t think Gareth intends to play that back 4 (its a 3/5) in a World Cup. We’re missing Maguire, Chilwell and Stones.

18 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Same sort of poor play as Sunday so far except Denmark have left their own box and will cause more problems. 

As expected, with 3 DMs instead of the one needed we aren’t creating much for the front 3. Baffling selection.

It’s not 3 CDMs though, Diers in defence.

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Presumably Southgate wants to see all 3 CDMs together to make a judgment on them. Wouldnt expect that line up in any match of importance

As above.

Though I agree it’s probably a bit too defensive but with Trent and Tripper at wing back it’s almost like 5 defenders and 5 attackers.

Lets be real this is nowhere near Gareth’s first choice team and he’s very likely using these games in the absence of friendlies to experiment ahead of the summer with players and a new shape. 

I think Mings should be on instead of Dier and funnily as I type this Caragher is saying the same!

Coady, Phillips and Rice are too far off international standard. It’s worth trying them out though.

Its a bit harsh the comments saying “same old” or “to be expected”. England over the last couple of years have been much much better to watch. This is very much a reserve team, I think people need to judge it as such and not be so quick to slag off Southgate.

Archived