IGNORED

Denmark Vs England

phantom

9 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Stats wise he isn't and God knows we need someone right now to unlock a defence and get past a man.

His stats are bolstered as pretty much everything for Villa goes through him, not saying he's not a good player but it gets irritating when broadcasters and pundits pull out random stats about him without implying why they are what they are.

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Absolute ? poo

We are getting worse and so negative under Southgate

Wheres the bright attacking play with lots of pace from a few seasons ago 

He has taken the 4-3-3 where we looked ok against average to decent sides, and swapped the two attacking midfielders for a CB and another DM. 

Then the first sub...he changes nothing. Complete toilet.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Southgate really doesn't know what he is doing does he.

Lets take someone like Arteta as an example. A manager who plays this system sometimes with Arsenal.

I am convinced with how he gets that Arsenal team playing that he would have us playing 10 times better than this.

Of course there is no way of knowing that for sure, but he clearly knows how to get a team to pass the ball up the pitch, score goals, press the opponents brilliantly when they lose it.

Southgate has not shown much tactical intelligence at all in all his time as England manager. 

We have some of the best young players coming through. Winning world cups and european cups at youth levels.

But when they get their chance they'll have a manager who doesn't seem to understand how to get a team to pass the ball to each other.

Very poor.

Should never have been the man, and I said that throughout 2018 world cup when we beat every team we should be beating.

Denmark are quite a good side- not elite but one of many a bit below the top tier in Europe who are nonetheless quite decent- but regardless the lack of chance creation is a big disappointment.

We have a problem in midfield. See:

1. Exhibit A- Croatia World Cup semi final
  2. Exhibit B- Holland Nations League semi final.
  3. Exhibit C- Czech Republic away but this game wasn't so important. Actually had more possession but were surely second best in midfield in various aspects.

Not like we bossed midfield home or away v Spain either in the Nations League even though we won one and played alright in the other albeit in defeat, not like we had supreme control vs Kosovo either, though two high scoring wins the second one 4-0.

Lost twice to Belgium in WC albeit one was B team vs B team basically and vs Colombia we possibly didn't have as much control as hoped!

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Belgium also struggling to break down Iceland, only got the 5 so far.

Belgium just very clinical I reckon. Excellent side but clinical with it!

Had a quick look at the stats- 20 shots, 5 goals- none of which contained penalties or own goals, that's a pretty high ratio. Iceland at home tends to be easier than Iceland away!

2 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Southgate must have taken coaching tips from Johnson, how to take a group of flair players and bang them into a formation that just makes them look totally ordinary and beatable.

Worth looking through Denmark- lots of players play in the top 3-4 Leagues, similar profile of club in a lot of cases to us tbh.

A draw with some fairly even aspects, it does not surprise me much.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Worth looking through Denmark- lots of players play in the top 3-4 Leagues, similar profile of club in a lot of cases to us tbh.

A draw does not surprise me much.

Regardless of how good Denmark are the patches of the game I saw were just so negative

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Regardless of how good Denmark are the patches of the game I saw were just so negative

For all the hype, don't think we're miles better than Denmark- like I say not altogether surprised.

Negative? Maybe! Still had we fielded say 2 CM and Mount from the start, maybe we concede- we have a midfield problem after all.

Archived