IGNORED

Leeds U21’s

Port Said Red

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise its only the EFL Trophy, but regardless of the competition, I can’t imagine being 6-0 down against Accrington Stanley will go down well, with the Management or fans. 

Make that 7-0

Lacking quality in their academy? Or do they have players on u21 international duty tonight. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Joke competition

They've completely killed it off now.

Lower league clubs still see it as a chance of winning something, but all of these u23 teams may as well just not bother.

They've tried to make it more relevant and have failed miserably. 

The Trophy 'value' was rubbish before the Unders were added and it was getting worse. Something had to change.

At least now there are some interesting scores. Must be more entertaining to watch than before (if you're not on the receiving end) and definately more entertaining than watching England games!

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

The Trophy 'value' was rubbish before the Unders were added and it was getting worse. Something had to change.

At least now there are some interesting scores. Must be more entertaining to watch than before (if you're not on the receiving end) and definately more entertaining than watching England games!

I have to massively disagree with that. The early rounds maybe, but when we were a League 1 (or Division 2 at the time) side, going to the old Wembley v Stoke, then the Millennium Stadium v Carlisle and then the New Wembley v Walsall are three huge memories I have of watching the City when I was younger (even though the most recent one wasn't that long ago.

It gives lower league fans an opportunity to go and watch their clubs at these sorts of stadiums which they might not ever get the chance to do.

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

I had hated winning the trophy against an u23's side

On 08/09/2020 at 20:32, Port Said Red said:

I realise its only the EFL Trophy, but regardless of the competition, I can’t imagine being 6-0 down against Accrington Stanley will go down well, with the Management or fans. 

Make that 7-0

I believe due to eight of our players being away on international duty with so little time to prepare for the forthcoming season Bielsa requested all our experienced U21's reported for training therefore Leeds fielding a team of 15yo/16yo's in the Accrington game

Archived