IGNORED

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Cardiff)

Davefevs

26 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217165

interesting press conference info here. If you can stand their car crash of a forum. It’s obviously criminal and very serious. I stand by the fact I said he’s going to find himself captain of the inmates football team. 

Yep. The fact that he's been sacked on the spot and the club aren't currently saying much would indicate guaranteed upcoming jail time.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. The fact that he's been sacked on the spot and the club aren't currently saying much would indicate guaranteed upcoming jail time.

I think he’s told the club that he’s pleading guilty to whatever it is he’s charged with. Hence their seemingly sudden sacking of him. 

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Interested to see where the moral compass lies here in football. Given what some players have got away with, or continued playing after their act, it must be something very severe to instantly sack him presumably before a trial.

Like I said above. I think he’s told them he’s pleading guilty. 

I find this quote from Neil Harris today interesting: 

“Time will tell if anything else can be announced, but I am bound by legal protocols."

Perhaps I’m reading too much into it - it may just be loose language - but this almost reads as though it might never become public (i.e. more an in-house matter than a criminal trial, given the latter would be public). Of course, it may just be that he means that it is too early to tell what action is to follow, although if that was the case wouldn’t you wait to see that first before sacking? 

However, an independent regulatory committee decided a three-month ban was in line with the 2021 World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) code, which permits reduced sanctions for "substances of abuse" designed to focus on drugs that Wada says are "frequently abused in society outside the context of sport".

And what year was he sacked in people......

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56030434

Turns out he twice tested positive for cocaine, the second one was after the game against us last July.

In the grand scheme of things, pretty minor. Something other players have got away without being sacked for.

I'm guessing Cardiff found a good chance to get him off the books. Pretty telling that he's re-united with Warnock, reading between the lines perhaps his attitude / work ethic was shit after Warnock left and Cardiff were happy to part company.

54 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

In the grand scheme of things, pretty minor. Something other players have got away without being sacked for.

I'm guessing Cardiff found a good chance to get him off the books. Pretty telling that he's re-united with Warnock, reading between the lines perhaps his attitude / work ethic was shit after Warnock left and Cardiff were happy to part company.

That was his second ban for cocaine use. So I’m guessing Cardiff stood by him first time round then when he did it again a good reason to get rid.

23 minutes ago, cider11 said:

That was his second ban for cocaine use. So I’m guessing Cardiff stood by him first time round then when he did it again a good reason to get rid.

Yea I spotted that, not defending his actions, but if it was a star player (not even sure who that would be for them now, Keifer Moore? Hoilett?) they'd probably still stick by them.

As we both suggested, likely wanted rid any and this was a good chance to do so

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Yea I spotted that, not defending his actions, but if it was a star player (not even sure who that would be for them now, Keifer Moore? Hoilett?) they'd probably still stick by them.

As we both suggested, likely wanted rid any and this was a good chance to do so

The opposite of Derby and their drunk drivers. They only wanted Keogh out the door, the rest still had value.

Archived