IGNORED

ex Bristol City Manager ISN'T a new pundit on soccer Saturday

Never to the dark side

Jeff: And Tony’s watching the game at Selhurst Park for us, anything happening Tony?

Tony: Jeff, it’s a pleasure to watch, it’s one of those games where it would be trific if the fans were in because they’re missing a stone cold classic - two teams doing things the right way and dishing up fantastic entertainment

Jeff: And with two minutes to go it remains Crystal Palace 0 Burnley 0, still waiting for the first shot on target there

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pulis plays shit football wherever he goes not just at City. The Boro fans hated him as much as we did.

You never know but he might turn out to be an insightful pundit if you can get past the dislike for the guy.

What pointing out the mistakes of others when he couldn’t recognise his own? Bloody odd choice, doesn’t appeal to me at all as a pundit.

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

What pointing out the mistakes of others when he couldn’t recognise his own? Bloody odd choice, doesn’t appeal to me at all as a pundit.

Nor me but I’m prepared to give him a chance. I’m not going avoid the show just because he’s on it.

I suppose st the end of the day what you didn't see you don't miss. As I was invariably watching City I hardly ever saw the programme, and as I have little interest in what goes on in the Premier League currently I doubt that I'll tune in now. But if I do I'll give them a chance, at least until Pulis taljs about the necessity for attacking football. 

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Isn't that every pundit? Except the ones who never try to coach/manage!

Perhaps. But some are constructive and positive, with a smile on their face and sincerity. Some have the natural ability to ensure people want to listen.  I always find Pulis acts like he is superior to everyone, always has a snear and a cruel/nasty edge to him. He might be an intelligent bloke, after all he always seems to manage to be employed more often than not, but I wouldn’t want to spend any time listening to him personally.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Pulis plays shit football wherever he goes not just at City. The Boro fans hated him as much as we did.

You never know but he might turn out to be an insightful pundit if you can get past the dislike for the guy.

I tend to agree... I only used to watch the show when city played away so will watch more away games now. I think Pulis may actually be quite insightful.

i think other than merse and Morrison the line up will be pretty fluid

• Admin

ROY KEANE, Micah Richards and Patrice Evra will headline Sky Sports' punditry team for the new season.

But following the sacking of Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson, a new line-up has been announced for Soccer Saturday.

Fan favourite Adebayo Akinfenwa, Tim Sherwood, Robbie Fowler and Joleon Lescott will all join host Jeff Stelling - who admitted he could leave the show - to call the action.

Regulars Paul Merson, Chris Kamara, Sue Smith, Clinton Morrison, Alan McInally and Glen Johnson will also be on screens.

Jamie Carragher, Gary Neville, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp will continue to analyse and provide insight on matchdays too.

Sky Sports will show the first live game on the season tomorrow, when Liverpool host Championship winners Leeds at Anfield.

Sky Sports Director of Football Gary Hughes said: "With fans currently unable to attend matches in person, it is imperative we provide the best possible TV and digital coverage to our audiences.

"Confirming Patrice, Micah and Roy to add to our existing line-up of award-winning pundits is brilliant news and we will strive to take the game closer to fans than ever before with increased live action, highlights and analysis."

• The title was changed to ex Bristol City Manager ISN'T a new pundit on soccer Saturday
3 minutes ago, phantom said:

ROY KEANE, Micah Richards and Patrice Evra will headline Sky Sports' punditry team for the new season.

But following the sacking of Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson, a new line-up has been announced for Soccer Saturday.

Fan favourite Adebayo Akinfenwa, Tim Sherwood, Robbie Fowler and Joleon Lescott will all join host Jeff Stelling - who admitted he could leave the show - to call the action.

Regulars Paul Merson, Chris Kamara, Sue Smith, Clinton Morrison, Alan McInally and Glen Johnson will also be on screens.

Jamie Carragher, Gary Neville, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp will continue to analyse and provide insight on matchdays too.

Sky Sports will show the first live game on the season tomorrow, when Liverpool host Championship winners Leeds at Anfield.

Sky Sports Director of Football Gary Hughes said: "With fans currently unable to attend matches in person, it is imperative we provide the best possible TV and digital coverage to our audiences.

"Confirming Patrice, Micah and Roy to add to our existing line-up of award-winning pundits is brilliant news and we will strive to take the game closer to fans than ever before with increased live action, highlights and analysis."

Deary me. Final score it is then.

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nor me but I’m prepared to give him a chance. I’m not going avoid the show just because he’s on it.

You could get off your sofa, go and watch a live football match, and help a local non league club out?

Just a thought.

You never know, you may enjoy watching live football, as you are a football fan. 

Archived