IGNORED

Who played their career best football at City?

Major Isewater

We often lament players leaving the club stating that we didn’t see the ‘ best of them ‘ but who have we seen the best of ?

I think we probably saw the Zenith of Bobby Reid’s career . He hasn’t torn up any trees since that wonder season.

Aden Flint springs to mind as well. He was good at Swindon, outstanding for us and then distinctly average afterwards . 

Who would you add to the list ? 

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We often lament players leaving the club stating that we didn’t see the ‘ best of them ‘ but who have we seen the best of ?

I think we probably saw the Zenith of Bobby Reid’s career . He hasn’t torn up any trees since that wonder season.

Aden Flint springs to mind as well. He was good at Swindon, outstanding for us and then distinctly average afterwards . 

Who would you add to the list ? 

Bit too early to say it's Bobby's zenith. He developed late for us, and whilst he hasn't stood out at Fulham yet, he seems to be liked by Parker, so could still push on (entering his prime - 27 years old).

Lee Johnson!

Which is why I never understood how he couldn't sort out the midfield. He played in a team that got the best out of flawed players himself included. An Elliot type, a Noble type, a Skuse, and a Johnson type. It works. Williams, Paterson, Morrell, Walsh. Slightly different of course but not too far off.

8 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

Joe Bryan , has played decent football since but not the same 

maybe Jonathan Kodja as well but didn’t see much of him at Aston villa

Joe’s just been named in team of the season in a season with 7 assists and 3 goals. 

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

JET, Korey Smith, Nicky Maynard, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Danny Haynes, Mark Little, David Noble, Marvin Elliot, Jamie McCombe, Bradley Orr, Jamie McAllister

Unsure on Korey, could go onto be amazing for Swansea. 

Bradley Orr went onto get promoted and play Premier league football, unsure we definitely got his best years. 

Funnily enough I got a text this morning about Danny Haynes. Works on the railways now, only 32 years old!

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Unsure on Korey, could go onto be amazing for Swansea. 

Bradley Orr went onto get promoted and play Premier league football, unsure we definitely got his best years. 

Funnily enough I got a text this morning about Danny Haynes. Works on the railways now, only 32 years old!

If we saw the best of Haynes I almost feel bad for the clubs he went to after us!

Archived