IGNORED

As we prepare to strap ourselves in for the 2020/21 season - what are your thoughts?

Jerseybean

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I can’t get excited about it.

The recruitment has been decent, on paper at least. But the abject recruitment process that resulted in the appointment of Holden coupled with the soulless prospect of more matches in empty stadiums has left me feeling completely detached from football.

Plus, as a member rather than STH, there would appear to be little prospect of me attending any games this season, and I maintain that if I can’t be there to see it, I’d rather we weren’t promoted anyway. The experience matters as much to me as the achievement and one is nothing without the other.

Feel really detached from it as an ST holder - I am not going to watch BCTV - joke, frankly.

Miss AG and live games hugely but we clearly have bigger problems which I fear are not going away.

I'm looking for entertaining and attacking football that reignites my enthusiasm for watching City.

I'll always be a City fan but after some of the atrocious football at AG over the last 2 seasons most of all I want to enjoy being a fan again.

That means DH creating a team that takes the game to the opposition with real purpose, creating chances for our strikers, and instructing his players to shoot whenever the opportunity arises.

I'm looking for DH to give younger players the opportunity to become new City heroes by regularly playing the likes of Moore, Walsh and Morrell. I want to see these 3 persevered with and each making 25 starts minimum.

I want to see Wells live up to his fee and reputation by becoming one of the Championship's top scoring marksman - I don't accept any confidence issues here -he's old enough, he cost enough, he's surely paid enough. No excuses - do it! Looking for high teens minimum here Nahki.

I expect us to do all we can to go on extended Cup runs - our squad is big enough to withstand a few extra games, and they add spice to the season. Losing to lower division clubs is never acceptable, make damn sure we don't.

I'm not bothered about promotion and certainly don't expect it - if we find ourselves in reach of the play offs by playing enterprising football so much the better, but top 6 is not the be all and end all.

Most of all I hope by the time fans are let in we are not trudging back out of habit but we've got a spring in our steps, not just because we've missed football and Ashton Gate, but because we've fallen in love again with our exciting team on the telly and can't wait to see them live. 

45 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm looking for entertaining and attacking football that reignites my enthusiasm for watching City.

I'll always be a City fan but after some of the atrocious football at AG over the last 2 seasons most of all I want to enjoy being a fan again.

That means DH creating a team that takes the game to the opposition with real purpose, creating chances for our strikers, and instructing his players to shoot whenever the opportunity arises.

I'm looking for DH to give younger players the opportunity to become new City heroes by regularly playing the likes of Moore, Walsh and Morrell. I want to see these 3 persevered with and each making 25 starts minimum.

I want to see Wells live up to his fee and reputation by becoming one of the Championship's top scoring marksman - I don't accept any confidence issues here -he's old enough, he cost enough, he's surely paid enough. No excuses - do it! Looking for high teens minimum here Nahki.

I expect us to do all we can to go on extended Cup runs - our squad is big enough to withstand a few extra games, and they add spice to the season. Losing to lower division clubs is never acceptable, make damn sure we don't.

I'm not bothered about promotion and certainly don't expect it - if we find ourselves in reach of the play offs by playing enterprising football so much the better, but top 6 is not the be all and end all.

Most of all I hope by the time fans are let in we are not trudging back out of habit but we've got a spring in our steps, not just because we've missed football and Ashton Gate, but because we've fallen in love again with our exciting team on the telly and can't wait to see them live. 

My favourite post for sometime. Hear, hear.

Mixed feelings for me. I was really disappointed when Holden was appointed, but I have accepted that now and am right behind him - he has come across well. We’ve made what look like decent signings and should be able to challenge for the play offs. 

But being unable to attend games means I feel little excitement. Watching games on TV with empty stadiums - it just doesn’t feel right. 

9 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Feel really detached from it as an ST holder - I am not going to watch BCTV - joke, frankly.

Miss AG and live games hugely but we clearly have bigger problems which I fear are not going away.

I get that Robinstv is no substitute for going to the match, but what part of it is a joke out of interest?  The pre-game stuff, the commentary, the match itself, all of these?

Pre-flurry of signings; was hoping we tread water and don’t get embroiled in a relegation scrap while Holden found his feet and some youngsters got valuable experience.

Post-signings; seem to be getting in higher end Championship players, so maybe a push for the playoffs wouldn’t be out of the question.

But I’m not expecting great things, and Holden has the time to show what he’s about - would like to avoid the lower half of the table but would settle finishing there if we played a bit more expansive football and developed a ‘youth movement’.

Archived