IGNORED

Lame Lois leaves St Étienne on a free.

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

How do you know? Why dramatise figures when none of us know the true facts. Did he cost us something..yes, did it work out.. no. 

I look at it differently, we had an option to buy after the loan. Thank goodness we had that loan arrangement rather than just buying like we did with Fam and Kodjia we avoided a 'sad state of affairs' as you put it.

Some reported on here it was near 20k a week.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Yep I rate him a lot higher his all round game is better, 

Wells is the better finisher fammy is the better player

In what sense exactly? Wells is a legit 20 goal a season striker if he stays fit. That's the primary aim of being a forward.

I rate Diedhiou, and obviously he's got a different skillset, but if I had to pick one it would be Wells every time.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In what sense exactly? Wells is a legit 20 goal a season striker if he stays fit. That's the primary aim of being a forward.

I rate Diedhiou, and obviously he's got a different skillset, but if I had to pick one it would be Wells every time.

Give fammy the same service Wells had at qpr and he'd easily get 20 goals,

I belive his chance conversion rate is better,

Also Wells has only broken the 20 goal barrier twice last season being his 2nd time,

That doesnt make him a 20 goal a season striker 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Also Wells has only broken the 20 goal barrier twice last season being his 2nd time,

A "20 goal a season striker" means someone who's capable of it (which Wells has proven as you point out) providing they stay fit and have the right service. 

I like Diedhiou and he's got a lot of qualities but he's not as natural a goalscorer as Wells imo. I would like him to stay, but if it was a straight theoretical choice between the two I'd rather have Wells.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It is, but according to the data, he had easier chances in comparison.  Even though Wells wasn’t anywhere near his QPR levels, he still outperformed xG, Diedhiou underperformed.  As with all these numbers you start to get a better degree of “truth” when you start to combine them.

C13AFC54-3236-48DE-A543-C56A18E34B07.thumb.jpeg.9f39b4f84f81671ca583d6db9e424e4f.jpeg

7146F6BB-37B2-4AEF-9801-FF7C25FB51C2.thumb.jpeg.27e69ee8e2ec5d196ca539a495f043c0.jpeg

5DA26BDE-7381-40AC-B630-F9F6724B97F0.thumb.jpeg.59331dd55c445a8031be12e1c79226a9.jpeg

Pre joining St Etienne he was quite a promising striker. Well reasonable anyway with some useful output and underlying metrics.

St Etienne, when he first returned there his record wasn't so bad- sounds like he's gone South very quickly!

Feel Wells is better technically than Diedhiou but Diedhiou offers more defensively and in some other areas- clearly Wells the more natural finisher.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A "20 goal a season striker" means someone who's capable of it (which Wells has proven as you point out) providing they stay fit and have the right service. 

I like Diedhiou and he's got a lot of qualities but he's not as natural a goalscorer as Wells imo. I would like him to stay, but if it was a straight theoretical choice between the two I'd rather have Wells.

I think Fam is the better player with regard to his versatility. They can both score goals, but I’m not so sure that Nahki  can, or is as willing as Fam is, to play in other positions when required.

11 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I think Fam is the better player with regard to his versatility. They can both score goals, but I’m not so sure that Nahki  can, or is as willing as Fam is, to play in other positions when required.

That’s true but it depends what you want from a striker. Imo you don’t buy a striker like Wells for his versatility - you buy him to play purely as a striker and score goals.

He’s the same sort of mould as Michael Owen - a goal scorer who will thrive off having good quality chances created for him. You let him concentrate on scoring in his best role and don’t bother trying him on the wing or as a false 9 etc.

Archived