IGNORED

LJ on Talksport 2 for Watford vs Boro

Unan

24 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Perhaps his best future. Cannot see him in top two divisions UK but perhaps U23 for a premier club. He had the dream ticket here and failed 

Strange comment. He took a team looking nailed on for relegation and had them consistently pushing for top six within a couple of years. He’ll have no trouble whatsoever getting offers in the championship.

48 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Strange comment. He took a team looking nailed on for relegation and had them consistently pushing for top six within a couple of years. He’ll have no trouble whatsoever getting offers in the championship.

It was Neil Warnock who came out and said about LJ having the dream ticket at the gate. I agreed he had. It was LJ who said he wanted 3 transfer windows to get us where we should be.  He simply failed to achieve but i give him credit for making us a mid table and established championship team.  I suspect he could make decent career in media, perhaps even try hand abroad managing, but Oldham, Barnsley & CITY track record , would it entice a top club to employ him.? Good luck to him.   Time will tell.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There'll be people on here who will be genuinely distraught if he gets a Championship job.

I don't know about LJ on Talksport but Mick McCarthy is wonderful on Sky. Definitely not impressed that at Watford players are signed by a technical committee without manager involvement. Apparently it guarantees that those responsible for a players signature after following the managers departure (after x months - fill in your own number for Ivic) 

18 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't know about LJ on Talksport but Mick McCarthy is wonderful on Sky. Definitely not impressed that at Watford players are signed by a technical committee without manager involvement. Apparently it guarantees that those responsible for a players signature after following the managers departure (after x months - fill in your own number for Ivic) 

Agree with that, love Mick.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

There'll be people on here who will be genuinely distraught if he gets a Championship job.

I have no idea why Johnson gets so much criticism as he improved you each season gave you a great cup run and just fell short on making the play offs competing with some big teams who would have had much bigger budgets 

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I have no idea why Johnson gets so much criticism as he improved you each season gave you a great cup run and just fell short on making the play offs competing with some big teams who would have had much bigger budgets 

*Improved every season, bar his last

9 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

A few reasons.  Mostly it was shite to watch - the exception being the first half of the season with the cup run.  The things he did wrong were so obviously wrong that it was massively frustrating - chopping and changing shape and selection week after week.  He also talked a lot of complete waffle.  Finally, some people still had a hangover from thinking he never deserved to get picked when he was a player.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

A few reasons.  Mostly it was shite to watch - the exception being the first half of the season with the cup run.  The things he did wrong were so obviously wrong that it was massively frustrating - chopping and changing shape and selection week after week.  He also talked a lot of complete waffle.  Finally, some people still had a hangover from thinking he never deserved to get picked when he was a player.

I can remember when he was appointed Points West interviewed fans in a local pub who weren't happy that he had got the job bunt unknown to them Johnson was there listening to them so from the start he probably never felt wanted. 

Archived