IGNORED

Joe Bryan Interview in The Times

Robin101

13 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

Maybe threads on here like Joe Bryan - Conference player Started by Chairman Mao May 7th 2017 presumably after the Birmingham home defeat last game of the season, may have something to do with it.

some interesting descriptions of his ability, ‘if he keeps going backwards at this rate he will be on the downs’, ‘it looked like they had given a competition winner a game’, ‘ not sure he has mental strength, desire or courage’ , as well as the usual terrible, awful, shocking, woeful etc etc. 

From the same poster who thought Ayling was a waste of space as well, maybe they should shut up about full backs. 

Not my finest hour, clearly. But Bryan needed the move, he had stagnated at City. Good on him for kicking on (my recollection was he had a decent first stint in the Prem so expect him to have another good year). Funnily enough my favourite part of his city career was when he played centre midfield at the back end of the 15-16 season.

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Tim Shires saying that Bryan shouldn't say things that might get taken the wrong way.  Ridiculous.  

I didnt say he shouldnt have said it. I just thought it could have been worded differently. However - after reading it several times, it becomes more apparent that the journalist who wrote the article (or his editor - whoever wrote the headline) is partly responsible for it being taken out of context. 

The headline made it sound much worse than it was - even though the quote from Joe seemed like he was tarring all fans with the same brush, when he actually only aimed it at a minority.

For what it’s worth, and I will probably get loads for this; I think Joe Bryan is given a lot of slack for being a local, when actually he let us down when we needed him most.

His performance v Bolton away in Feb 18 was pretty much the worst performance I have seen from a City full back ever.

Personally, and obviously this is completely subjective, he is not in my top 5 left full backs of my lifetime of supporting City, and aside from an excellent performance V Man Utd, and  a goal V Rovers I struggle with him.

37 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

For what it’s worth, and I will probably get loads for this; I think Joe Bryan is given a lot of slack for being a local, when actually he let us down when we needed him most.

His performance v Bolton away in Feb 18 was pretty much the worst performance I have seen from a City full back ever.

Personally, and obviously this is completely subjective, he is not in my top 5 left full backs of my lifetime of supporting City, and aside from an excellent performance V Man Utd, and  a goal V Rovers I struggle with him.

The fact he is a local lad was used against him for years. 

The complete opposite of him being given slack.

5 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

That’s it mate, you hit him where it hurts. Don’t worry, I’m sure Joe Bryan will read this and feel bad for not making your top 5. 

5 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Out of interest who are the 5 that you feel have been better for city in the LB position?

2 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Ah, 4 pages of complete over the top reaction to a non-story. Some people would be offended if someone sneezed near them. Get a grip. 

I agree with your first sentence - spot on. Second sentence may not be the best analogy in the current climate! 

Joe would be one of those footballers that yer insecure poorly educated, abuse-bantering munter type fans - and players! - cannot warm to, and feel threatened by, for reasons they cannot fathom, and a player that traditionally, upon seeing him in possession of a book, or a newspaper that did not contain a picture of a young woman dressed only in her pants, would label as "gay," and want to fill him in (or, in the 21st century, send him abusive messages via an electronic thingy).

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Joe would be one of those footballers that yer insecure poorly educated, abuse-bantering munter type fans - and players! - cannot warm to, and feel threatened by, for reasons they cannot fathom, and a player that traditionally, upon seeing him in possession of a book, or a newspaper that did not contain a picture of a young woman dressed only in her pants, would label as "gay," and want to fill him in (or, in the 21st century, send him abusive messages via an electronic thingy).

It's called the "Grayham la Saux" syndrome, 

It's fostered on middle class people who choose a working class job like footballer or Turkey felcher over more traditional careers like solicitor or massive ****... 

Archived