IGNORED

Premier League clubs put off discussing EFL financial help

Lrrr

It would have been good of them to hand out the parachute money if that's what their normal procedure is. However under current conditions I am sure most EFL clubs are running at losses that cannot be sustained for too much longer, lets hope their owners (like Lansdown) are feeling generous because otherwise many are going into administration soon. I think putting pressure on the government to allow fans back into games sooner would be a more sustainable approach than relying on handouts. If I was a PL club I wouldn't feel obligated to help because lets face it they will have taken big financial hits themselves. I worry for the future of L1 and L2 clubs far more though because their owners are probably less wealthy and gate receipts are much more important to them.

53 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

It would have been good of them to hand out the parachute money if that's what their normal procedure is. However under current conditions I am sure most EFL clubs are running at losses that cannot be sustained for too much longer, lets hope their owners (like Lansdown) are feeling generous because otherwise many are going into administration soon. I think putting pressure on the government to allow fans back into games sooner would be a more sustainable approach than relying on handouts. If I was a PL club I wouldn't feel obligated to help because lets face it they will have taken big financial hits themselves. I worry for the future of L1 and L2 clubs far more though because their owners are probably less wealthy and gate receipts are much more important to them.

The rules have always been that if a club gets promoted whilst due PPs, it gets shared out amongst Prem teams.  Never been handed to EFL.  So they aren’t doing anything different to other years.

Although would’ve been a nice gesture....but I’m sure each Prem team (and I think those still under PPs will need their share of £34m!!

Of course the Premier league won't do this, they only care about their members I'm sure they would try and ring fence it if they could. 

I do fear for the state of league one and league two clubs over the coming season given a lot are reliant on ticket revenue as a stable(ish) source of income. 

There will probably be some championship teams in trouble as well (Reading and Birmingham come to mind) as well that must be sweating a bit hoping that fans will be allowed back in sooner rather then later. 

I personally don't think fans should be allowed back in the number of cases of covid-19 are on the rise and even with stadiums with large concourses like Ashton Gate how many do you let back in? How many are allowed in the concourses at the beginning / half time / full time?

As I recall, without reading the article the PL:

1. Advanced Solidarity Payments to the EFL.

Possibly expecting a list but...

That's it thusfar- zip, zilch, nada- null. Advanced payments that were already due which meant less due later as it'd already been advanced.

The Government told the Premier League that helping the wider game was one of the stipulations around Project Restart and EFL officials expect that message to be reinforced over the coming days.

That bit of the article possibly gives the PL a bit of pause?

Archived