IGNORED

Captain for the season

redpole

Very outside long shot bet is 

Joe Morrell 

I honestly don’t care . Whoever Dean sees fit I’m happy with. 

Also  . A song for Mr Holden when we get back is Geno by Dexy’s midnight runners .

da da da da daaaa da da da woooh oooh Deano . ? 

that’s my contributions for the season .

laters 

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Baker ??

On what basis ?

Besides being out until Xmas he's also one if the quietest ,most introverted characters in the squad

Does he strike you as a leader ?

He does, I think he's a strong aggressive player and I get the feeling he's well respected

I like captains in defence

15 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I just assumed it meant - I dont want my players to find out who the captain is through a radio interview rather than hear from me first, but interesting take I hadnt thought of that. 

I forget what was said but I am pretty certain it was clear from the way he phrased that he knew but the players did not yet. What @Robboredsays is interesting and I don’t see an issue with a player vote but I am sure Holden said something that implied it was more that he had decided but not told the squad rather than that he was asking the squad to choose.

Which actually makes me wonder if it is Brunt simply for the reason that - if it was someone already at the club - I’d expect a decision much earlier in preseason but you could not have told the players who the captain was if he had only joined the evening the interview took place.

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I forget what was said but I am pretty certain it was clear from the way he phrased that he knew but the players did not yet. What @Robboredsays is interesting and I don’t see an issue with a player vote but I am sure Holden said something that implied it was more that he had decided but not told the squad rather than that he was asking the squad to choose.

Which actually makes me wonder if it is Brunt simply for the reason that - if it was someone already at the club - I’d expect a decision much earlier in preseason but you could not have told the players who the captain was if he had only joined the evening the interview took place.

Have you chosen your permanent captain yet?

Yes, I have. I've made that decision.

Have you told the squad? 

The public will find out tomorrow; I don't want to give the team away. Obviously I don't want to say who it is as I don't want to give our opposition an idea as to who might be playing or who might not be. I've made my mind up, a while back to be honest, and you'll see tomorrow.

I’m thinking it is Brunt as well given Holden said this as the pre match press conference. In the same presser he said Kalas is playing so he wasn’t hiding him: 

Have you chosen your permanent captain yet?

Have you told the squad? 

The public will find out tomorrow; I don't want to give the team away. Obviously I don't want to say who it is as I don't want to give our opposition an idea as to who might be playing or who might not be. I've made my mind up, a while back to be honest, and you'll see tomorrow.

1 minute ago, eardun said:

I’m thinking it is Brunt as well given Holden said this as the pre match press conference. In the same presser he said Kalas is playing so he wasn’t hiding him: 

Have you told the squad? 

Or a bit of bluff, double bluff, and triple bluff ??

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very outside long shot bet is 

Joe Morrell 

I honestly don’t care . Whoever Dean sees fit I’m happy with. 

Also  . A song for Mr Holden when we get back is Geno by Dexy’s midnight runners .

da da da da daaaa da da da woooh oooh Deano . ? 

that’s my contributions for the season .

laters 

I would not be surprised with Morrell, probably been at the club longer than most. And likes to dictate pace and play for Wales. 

28 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I reckon Paterson is worth a cheeky outside bet for captain. 

I could have seen that but Weimann was captain over him last weekend. 

59 minutes ago, eardun said:

Have you told the squad? 

I don’t think it is Brunt as he said he made his mind up awhile ago but Brunt been here a week. 

Think taking everything in it really only leaves Kalas or Weimann. Weimann because he was last week so leaves that possibility open and Kalas because he wasn’t here last week to be captain. 

Watch us all be shocked when Nagy walks out with it ?

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

I would go for Kalas so we can give him a new song

Thomas Kalas is our captain and he is amazing

When he is on the pitch there is nothing that will fase him

If he takes us up we will all appraise him

Thomas  Kalas is our captain and he is amazing

dum didl um didl i

"Appraise him"?

As in - decide if he's any good after all?

Archived