IGNORED

Any streams today...?

old_eastender

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Aside from subscribing to Robins TV that is...

It’s £10 and money goes to the club.

It may end up costing you more in the long run as an illegal stream will fill your pc full of all sorts of extras you don’t want.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting points above. 

I wonder how much of the £10 a club actually gets, and how much goes to the EFL etc

I was wondering the same, also when you consider the number of people who go to football in groups, how many streams can the club expect to sell? I was thinking 5000 at most, £50000 won’t go far even if they get it all.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting points above. 

I wonder how much of the £10 a club actually gets, and how much goes to the EFL etc

I never even thought of that. I can’t imagine City getting all of it. On numbers coventry (any away team) will be getting the stream from robins tv aswell won’t they so that will add a few pounds potentially. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was wondering the same, also when you consider the number of people who go to football in groups, how many streams can the club expect to sell? I was thinking 5000 at most, £50000 won’t go far even if they get it all.

Crazy when you break it down thats 3 players wages per week.... doesn’t go very far at all

You could try 'Islands in the stream' by the late Kenny Rogers & Dolly Party.

Cracking match-up that is plus plenty of streams for free on YouTube.

Just now, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

* oops! PARTON! ?

Just now, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I love what autocorrect has done to you here. I think that would have been a good name for her back in the day, if the rumours are anything to go by. :)

Can we stop comparing the price to actually going. Its nothing like the same, except from my flat is like the Dolman stand where there's no atmosphere and about 80 minutes in my WiFi will probably cut out and I'll have to stop watching. 

Compared to a Sky now TV pass which is £10 for 3 games in a day it's not as good, but it is Bristol City and that's all that matters. 

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Aside from subscribing to Robins TV that is...

If you're too tight for money to pay £10 for Robins TV how about getting a free windscribe VPN account & flying abroad (obviously nowhere on the quarantine list) and spending £140 for 46 games/£3 a game?

11 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

£460 to watch every match home and away.... For a family of four.  

Would normally cost £1k+ for four ST and only watching home matches 

Great deal 

Only available during the mass-gathering ban though.

The moment we can make a return to The Gate (which sadly, I don't think will be any time soon), I guess the streaming will cease.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If you're too tight for money to pay £10 for Robins TV how about getting a free windscribe VPN account & flying abroad (obviously nowhere on the quarantine list) and spending £140 for 46 games/£3 a game?

Bit harsh, 'too tight', a lot of people have come out of lockdown in a financially perilous situation.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit harsh, 'too tight', a lot of people have come out of lockdown in a financially perilous situation

'too tight for money' as in to spare/financially constrained, not too tight to spend. I wouldn't accuse anyone of being tight when I don't know them personally, but point taken and apologies to @old_eastender if it comes across that way!

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit harsh, 'too tight', a lot of people have come out of lockdown in a financially perilous situation.

I made the same point to one of the movie podcasts where there were castigating people for accessing movies for free. Illegal of course, but during lockdown there must have been a lot of people under pressure to supply entertainment for their families in the cheapest way possible. 

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Question on Robins TV as not used it before.

Can I cast it to Google Home? Not used the app for anything other than radio and not got a desktop PC so was going to project it on to a wall, so wanted to see if that was possible.

I don’t believe the Robinstv app has a cast option, but I know some others were able to cast from a browser....but I can’t offer any more help than that. 

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Question on Robins TV as not used it before.

Can I cast it to Google Home? Not used the app for anything other than radio and not got a desktop PC so was going to project it on to a wall, so wanted to see if that was possible.

No idea on that option. 

On a smart TV, you can log in via the Internet app and watch it on your TV via that. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t believe the Robinstv app has a cast option, but I know some others were able to cast from a browser....but I can’t offer any more help than that. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No idea on that option. 

On a smart TV, you can log in via the Internet app and watch it on your TV via that. 

Thanks both.

Guess I may have to take my chances later with it!

Just didn’t fancy watching it on my phone but I’ll see what works.

Will report back if I discover anything more for future reference.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Thanks both.

Guess I may have to take my chances later with it!

Just didn’t fancy watching it on my phone but I’ll see what works.

Will report back if I discover anything more for future reference.

Someone will chip in with his they did it, hopefully.

Archived