IGNORED

BLOODY COVID

sticks 1969

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

There lies the problem. A good PowerPoint presentation and knowledge of the squad (shock) over proven track record. 

You've been had.

Or, put it another way, someone who's really motivated and is brimming with ideas, or someone who just sees us as the next pay cheque, assumes he'll breeze the interview and can't be bothered even to do a bit of preparation

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

There lies the problem. A good PowerPoint presentation and knowledge of the squad (shock) over proven track record. 

You've been had.

Someone who wasn't complacent or expecting unlimited funds to achieve any kind of success, with a knowledge of and passion for the club, over someone who'd come in thinking they were doing us a favour..? 

Hopefully in a few years time Dean will have a proven track record to present to his next interview. Then again, maybe he'll stick around for a bit and not jump ship at the first invitation. 

We don't know how it's going to pan out yet, but snidey comment like yours aren't going to help anyone achieve anything. 

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

what a great start to the season it would have 

new manager 

some good new signings 

nice weather 

good showing from Coventry 

but at present that’s just the way it is and keeping people safe is paramount 

I know. I should be bouncing off the walls right now but only slightly excited...

?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

It would have been great with a proper new manager.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I'm behind him. Just not as excited as I would have been.

If that's being behind a Manager then Dean is probably better off without your support.

But hey ho- I'm sure your knife is sharp, ready and waiting!

Bloody Covid indeed. I showed symptoms of Covid earlier this week, and by Tuesday afternoon recognised I had been in contact with a work colleague who tested positive for Corona. I booked a test.....and the test centre I was offered from my home in Wilts, was Cardiff City Football Ground........ I felt worse, but booked anyway. Had to drive into Cardiff on my Jack Jones feeling distinctly shonky, but at least (for the first time in my life) had a warm welcome at Cardiff City. Test proved negative btw. 

Would have good for us Chepstow/Caldicot / forest bunch. Usually train from STJ then day on the Source then train home slightly incoherent, just enough so the moans from her indoors are inaudible ?

to kind of compensate some of us are off to watch the 6 finger derby between Brimscombe and Thrupp and Cinderford at the meadow. The magic of the FA Cup and all that. Cheaper to watch than buy a bacon cheeseburger in the Dolman??

12 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Bloody Covid indeed. I showed symptoms of Covid earlier this week, and by Tuesday afternoon recognised I had been in contact with a work colleague who tested positive for Corona. I booked a test.....and the test centre I was offered from my home in Wilts, was Cardiff City Football Ground........ I felt worse, but booked anyway. Had to drive into Cardiff on my Jack Jones feeling distinctly shonky, but at least (for the first time in my life) had a warm welcome at Cardiff City. Test proved negative btw. 

Glad you’re ok - they’ve got a testing centre at the County Ground here in Swindon and another one at the Nationwide HQ. I’m amazed you weren’t sent to one of those - or even to an airport (I hear there are fully manned testing facilities there doing absolutely nothing!!)

32 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Glad you’re ok - they’ve got a testing centre at the County Ground here in Swindon and another one at the Nationwide HQ. I’m amazed you weren’t sent to one of those - or even to an airport (I hear there are fully manned testing facilities there doing absolutely nothing!!)

I know. I had a couple of runs at it....first time round I was directed to Mountain Ash....jeez, I live in Chizzy not Wales. I had several pops at it, but Cardiff was as good as it got. I emailed Buckland who blamed the situation on a lack of local labs. When I got the "negative" text, I dummied myself another appointment and was directed to Heathrow....where apparently 82 slots were available, but none on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or next Tuesday, I gave up at that point. Its an utter shambles. Ive a mate in Weston Super Mare who copped Covid and couldnt find a test centre at all.....so he just waited until it got serious and dialled 999. 

If we struggle over the next few weeks then I anticipate posts suggesting what did SL expect going for the cheap option. They will also say something along the lines that Holden has been backed to bring in experienced players we've been crying out for but Holden's inexperience is the problem. 

Had we appointed Hughten and struggled for the first few weeks of the season those same critics would post along the lines of, what do we expect as he's having to cope with LJs imbalanced squad and SL not backing him as he's  only letting him bring in past their best free transfers like Brunt and Martin and midfielder who cost peanuts and is not Bannen. 

Archived