IGNORED

Bristol City v Coventry City Match Day 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First half summary:

What a start.

After that, let Coventry pass it.  We haven’t got to grips with their “box”, Allen getting free in space 1st 20, and once we sorted that, it meant Hamer got free and started to dictate play.

Moore, getting pressed onto his left foot has been poor most of the half.

Diedhiou on his heels, looking still like he’s way behind fitness or sharpness at least.

Pato finally came deep last 5 minutes as we finally made a few passes.

Vyner, Kalas and Bentley the picks for me.

Need a big improvement.

Vyner got to put his foot through the ball for their goal , let it bounce off him 

Sorry but the first half prove what a poor team selection this is (granted players out to injured) but we look as bad if not worse than last season... All the happy clappers can say it's negativity or "it's the first game etc" but if we are to have any chance this season we need to put away teams like Coventry, it's time for DH to earn his position otherwise it's gonna be tough season for him...

Just now, cityexile said:

40% possession, 4 shots to 12, at home against a newly promoted side. It ain’t great. 

Fingers crossed we are better in the second half, we could hardly be worse.

Stats comparable to any game from last season.

None of Rowe, Vyner, Weimann or Paterson have more then a 70% pass success. All of Cov's midfielders are above 70%.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well that's pre-season optimism drained in 45 minutes.

Look, it's the first half of the first game of the season I know. But early signs are not good, that's putting it politely. Could easily be losing at half time. 

We looked like the newly promoted away team.

Coventry, better all over the park, in possession, out of possession. We had 40% possession. 

We're constantly resorting to long balls already and our 'unforced errors' and misplaced passes must be well into double figures. Front men too isolated.

Only positive - Kalas and some Bentley saves.

You can't make a judgement on 45mins with so many players unavailable extremely unlikely this would be the team if everyone was fit to play. What is abundantly clear though is you play Massengo you lose the midfield and get dominated by the opposition hopefully when everyone's back he won't feature needs either a loan or to be  moved on not good enough at present for this level

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First half summary:

What a start.

After that, let Coventry pass it.  We haven’t got to grips with their “box”, Allen getting free in space 1st 20, and once we sorted that, it meant Hamer got free and started to dictate play.

Moore, getting pressed onto his left foot has been poor most of the half.

Diedhiou on his heels, looking still like he’s way behind fitness or sharpness at least.

Pato finally came deep last 5 minutes as we finally made a few passes.

Vyner, Kalas and Bentley the picks for me.

Need a big improvement.

Kalas & Bently yeah, by Vyner awful - countless Long aimless punts upfield.

Could, and probably should, be 3-1 down.

Absolutely abysmal. 

If only a season lasted 30 seconds eh?

That was bad. Really bad.

Had the opportunity to stick the knife in, as they were shell shocked. Instead, we hand it to them on a plate, gifting them a way back in. Don’t think they believed it initially, then they realised we really are crap and started to play it around like world-beaters.

Think a couple of ours are going to make loan-outs not a difficult decision. 

Big team talk needed. 

Some of these comments are a joke right?

We're only 45 minutes in to the first game of the season, with an 11 that, i think is safe to say wouldn't be our regular starting team and yet reading some of these posts writing OUR players off is ******* embarrassing! 45 MINUTE IN FFS!!!!!! 

OTIB is the same every game, every season. We could be 5-0 up and some on here would be moaning. 

Hope the ream regroup at half time and come out with more confidence.  There's plenty of time to improve and get a win from this game.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We shouldn’t judge too soon. 

(this is easy to say when you’re out on a gin making course rather than watching the actual game!)

Trouble is we’ve been watching poor football for quite a while now. Any optimism I had is now disappearing. That first half was a poor showing, let’s hope Holden knows what he’s doing? 

I disagree with people saying it's the same. 

We have a plan, for example Vyner and Moore at times, albeit rarely, broke out and played some threatening balls. 

Our biggest issue is midfield, we need a double pivot I feel as HNM is facing 2 top box players. 

I'd personally bring on Bakinson for Weimann and get the lad sitting deep next to HNM. I'd calm the lads down, look to play more passes and stop hoofing, and we need to relax. 

Just now, mossey said:
1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Good opening goal but apart from a couple of chances for Famara Coventry have been the better side. Midfield has definitely been the problem. Paterson and Weimann are so advanced upfield there are gaping holes through the muddle which Coventry are exploiting. Massengo is often isolated as both Vyner and Rowe too are advanced pushing on their backs. Half clearances of crosses haven't helped as I've list count of the number of times a Coventry player has run on to the ball on the edge of the box. Need to get the midfield 3 (5) closer to tighten this 

What midfield? Yet again! Certainly not going to waste another £10 to view after  this performance so far, need to drastically improve, passing attacking game my a**!

Archived