IGNORED

Pato

Buster Footman's T shirt

Notwithstanding today with players unavailable for various reasons it seems to me that Pato has been a little overlooked and could be a huge plus for us this year.

It seems like he has returned from Derby re-energised. Although he was clearly rated by LJ for the majority of his time here, it could be argued that the change of management and formation could really benefit him. We all know that on his day he is one of the best creative midfielders in the Championship. Previously was very inconsistent with his best spell coming playing behind Bobby in our purple patch end of 2018. Early indications seem to show that firstly DH also rates him and that as the attacking midfielder in a 3 he seems to thrive 

A positive and on form Pato playing regularly in a position that suits his strengths could in my opinion be the most significant improvement to the side this year. Prepared to be slated for this.  What does everybody else think?

Hes come in and made a starting place his own, when 12 months he was obviously farmed out, so he deserves a lot of credit for that.

for me though, i dont think many other championship sides would be banking on him as the main creative outlet for hopefully a play off challenging side.

we shall see, but if he keeps up with the assists and goals he will be undropable.

And hes just scored!!

5 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Notwithstanding today with players unavailable for various reasons it seems to me that Pato has been a little overlooked and could be a huge plus for us this year.

It seems like he has returned from Derby re-energised. Although he was clearly rated by LJ for the majority of his time here, it could be argued that the change of management and formation could really benefit him. We all know that on his day he is one of the best creative midfielders in the Championship. Previously was very inconsistent with his best spell coming playing behind Bobby in our purple patch end of 2018. Early indications seem to show that firstly DH also rates him and that as the attacking midfielder in a 3 he seems to thrive 

A positive and on form Pato playing regularly in a position that suits his strengths could in my opinion be the most significant improvement to the side this year. Prepared to be slated for this.  What does everybody else think?

Good call! You’re not 5 mins ahead of us are you?!

Could be decent I reckon.

Came back well after Derby loan- he offers something not many of our CM options do- goals from midfield! I wouldn't play him and Weimann there but alongside two real CMs, I think hus goals, assists- technical ability too and versatility- at times we will need someone to pull left in this system to either help out the LWB or combine with them going forward- I think he can play an important role. Hopefully more often than not, that LWB will be DaSilva.

Archived