IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson

Red Army 75

Did really well when he came on.

In terms of the game, Coventry tired, and fair play, he took real advantage of that. Another player not doing himself any harm...that’s all he can do isn’t it?

As for Massengo, let down today by those around him, doing doggies between opponents.  1st half especially Paterson and Weimann just never got back in.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was very impressive. But if Bakinson had started the game then I expect he'd have too much to do, just like Massengo did.

It certainly makes things interesting that Bakinson might actually be a part of our squad and not loaned out.

But I don't think him staying would necessarily mean Massengo loaned out. I think box to box he can be far better for us.

Just posted very similar! ?

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What’s Chris brunt got to do with it. Do you think he’s been brought in to play 40+ games ? If anything , Bakinson will flourish with brunt about 

I don’t think Brunt was bought in as strictly a mentor. I think he expects to play. Holden has said anyone can win the shirt and seems like Bakinson is headed that way so think it could be less minutes for Brunt. Could go the other way where Brunt takes minutes from Bakinson or he still gets loaned because Brunt being here. So think Brunt got plenty to do with it.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think Brunt was bought in as strictly a mentor. I think he expects to play. Holden has said anyone can win the shirt and seems like Bakinson is headed that way so think it could be less minutes for Brunt. Could go the other way where Brunt takes minutes from Bakinson or he still gets loaned because Brunt being here. So think Brunt got plenty to do with it.

I never said he was brought in to be a mentor but he’ll have a positive influence in the dressing room and on young players like Bakinson. We’ve normally played about 6 league games by now so it’s a very condensed season . At 35 brunt will be used wisely but it shouldn’t be underestimated how important his presence will be. After that performance I’d rather loan massengo or sell Nagy to create a space for Bakinson in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I never said he was brought in to be a mentor but he’ll have a positive influence in the dressing room and on young players like Bakinson. We’ve normally played about 6 league games by now so it’s a very condensed season . At 35 brunt will be used wisely but it shouldn’t be underestimated how important his presence will be. After that performance I’d rather loan massengo or sell Nagy to create a space for Bakinson in the squad. 

Oh I don’t disagree. Just think it may have caused a slight headache for DH is more my point. Another CM to seriously consider now

46 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

No way Bakinson will be going on loan after that performance - absolutely oozed quality.

Not sure you’re right.  When Nagy, Walsh, Williams and Morrell are all available, then we’ll be overrun by central midfielders.  Maybe another season at a top L1 side (or at least until January) would do him good.  However, I agree with those who feel he offers more than Massengo (who might benefit from a loan spell in his home country).

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not sure you’re right.  When Nagy, Walsh, Williams and Morrell are all available, then we’ll be overrun by central midfielders.  Maybe another season at a top L1 side (or at least until January) would do him good.  However, I agree with those who feel he offers more than Massengo (who might benefit from a loan spell in his home country).

..though if I had to get rid of one of them it would be Nagy...

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If anything it’s probably made it clearer for him. Bakinson stays. It’s just who goes out of massengo or Nagy imo 

Idk if it is that easy though. Nagy will be a big wage to send somewhere and we won’t want to lose money a year on. Massengo, would he be willing to go on loan? Think Engvall did this once. And even if you say ok he doesn’t play, you have a depreciating asset. Bakinson would be much easier to loan out.

Have said similar in the Watford and Morrell thread. You can’t always get rid of players in the order you want. Nagy and Massengo may have no interest elsewhere for various reasons. Morrell, Bakinson and Walsh may have suitors. Think we all want to see the latter 3 play for us and maybe many would want to see the former shipped out but the interest isn’t there. 

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Dare I say it, very Marvin-esque today. Not going to get carried away though.

Doesn’t seem Marvin-esque to me. Marvin was high energy box to box.  His passing, touch and control, although decent, wasn’t the best part of his game.  Tyreeq has that in abundance but isn’t really high energy.  Surprised by the comparison 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk if it is that easy though. Nagy will be a big wage to send somewhere and we won’t want to lose money a year on. Massengo, would he be willing to go on loan? Think Engvall did this once. And even if you say ok he doesn’t play, you have a depreciating asset. Bakinson would be much easier to loan out.

Have said similar in the Watford and Morrell thread. You can’t always get rid of players in the order you want. Nagy and Massengo may have no interest elsewhere for various reasons. Morrell, Bakinson and Walsh may have suitors. Think we all want to see the latter 3 play for us and maybe many would want to see the former shipped out but the interest isn’t there. 

Just on that showing today he jumps ahead of massengo and he may progress quicker by staying here and getting games rather than league 1 . He looks ready for the championship . Massengo may benefit for a year of bossing games in league one . Or Nagy might want to go. He didn’t settle last season 

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

I don’t wanna over react at all, but Bakinson is definitely better than Pogba 

Well with Holden being a Man United fan he's probably well aware that the young Pogba left United at a young because he didn't get a chance when he thought he was ready.

Not really saying it'd really influence Holden, but at 21 it isn't too young to be playing regularly and doing well if you have the talent.  

I rather see Bakinson and the likes of Walsh play more this season to bed them in, even at the expense of challenging top 6.  As long as the football is decent I'll forgive these young player making the odd mistake and having a bad game now and then.  

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just on that showing today he jumps ahead of massengo and he may progress quicker by staying here and getting games rather than league 1 . He looks ready for the championship . Massengo may benefit for a year of bossing games in league one . Or Nagy might want to go. He didn’t settle last season 

Agree for the most part. Don’t think he jumps Massengo necessarily as I don’t think that is Massengo’s natural role. He jumps ahead of him in that position for sure though.

Midfield has way too many options and I’d be open to selling any of Morrell, Walsh, Massengo or Nagy along with Weimann and Palmer. I like all of them but we can’t play all of them and Bakinson, Brunt, Williams and Paterson. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve now seen him compared to Kaliffa Cisse, Marvin Elliott, Paul Pogba, Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure.  Most of them are pretty different players.  

The mood swings on here are fantastic! After one game, a player is either international class or ‘get rid’

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree for the most part. Don’t think he jumps Massengo necessarily as I don’t think that is Massengo’s natural role. He jumps ahead of him in that position for sure though.

Midfield has way too many options and I’d be open to selling any of Morrell, Walsh, Massengo or Nagy along with Weimann and Palmer. I like all of them but we can’t play all of them and Bakinson, Brunt, Williams and Paterson. 

Sorry but can’t agree at all there. Sell Morrell ,  Walsh or wiemann ! Not a chance in hell 

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but can’t agree at all there. Sell Morrell ,  Walsh or wiemann ! Not a chance in hell 

You are kind of assuming Morrell or Walsh will be better than anyone else. We don’t know that and doesn’t Weimann have a year left? Same as Fam or Eliasson. If we can get a decent fee I don’t see why not. Especially as he isn’t a better forward than 3 of what we have and he isn’t a better midfielder than the ones we have. 

Archived