IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson

Red Army 75

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You are kind of assuming Morrell or Walsh will be better than anyone else. We don’t know that and doesn’t Weimann have a year left? Same as Fam or Eliasson. If we can get a decent fee I don’t see why not. Especially as he isn’t a better forward than 3 of what we have and he isn’t a better midfielder than the ones we have. 

Morrell was good enough a year ago to be in the squad at least but imo was let down by LJ . Walsh will be a major part of our season and was awarded with the number 8 shirt and Holden has stated he will be a big player for us. Wiemann is also a massive part of the side although can be frustrating at times (unsure contract wise) 

3 hours ago, RedEyez said:

I don’t wanna over react at all, but Bakinson is definitely better than Pogba 

I know exactly what you mean. He played like a cross between Allison, Van Dijk, Pogba and Messi, with a little Gow thrown in. 

Still got a lot to learn though.....

I thought he looked pretty good today, but I'm not going to judge him on a single outing any more than I will Taylor Moore for his very poor performance - especially as Bakinson had less than half a game as Coventry were seriously tiring in my opinion. 

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him again and hope he can maintain what we saw today!

I don't know why people are so obsessed with "getting rid" of people. This is a compressed season, we will need a lot of players in the engine room. And we will need different groups of players for different opposition. I think (hope) that the Weimann + Paterson experiment is a short lived one and so Massengo, Nagy, Morrell, Walsh, Williams, Brunt and now Bakinson will regularly rotate in and out of 2 or 3 positions, depending on the opposition. Paterson and Weimann will similarly rotate in and out of 1/0 spots depending on the game, though both could also play further forward if needed. So maybe with Bakinson playing so we'll it means we're one man heavy, but it would only take a couple of injuries to make us light playing three men in the middle of the park.

I still wonder whether Bakinson would be better served going to League 1 and being someone's 'main man' for a season

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but can’t agree at all there. Sell Morrell ,  Walsh or wiemann ! Not a chance in hell 

Its a long old season with a load of games to play in the league and cups. Quite easy to get 2 or 3 injured and a sizeable squad will cover that situation.  Better to have a few over than a few short.

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought he looked pretty good today, but I'm not going to judge him on a single outing any more than I will Taylor Moore for his very poor performance - especially as Bakinson had less than half a game as Coventry were seriously tiring in my opinion. 

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him again and hope he can maintain what we saw today!

Taylor is not comfortable playing on the left. Needs to move across. He’s a talented, young player and it’s not good to be a square peg in a round hole. He doesn’t have a good enough left foot.

May be he no longer has the legs for it but Brunt has played as a wide midfielder a fair bit, so maybe an option at wing back under certain circumstances.

We do have a large number of central midfielders, so imagine something may have to give somewhere.

I liked what I saw from Bakinson and seems DH is also a fan, but depending on how much time he’s likely to get, wouldn’t be adverse to him spending three months are a league one side - would give us a chance to assess the fitness/long term future of some of the others who have done similar in recent years.

Kind of a ‘good problem’ when you have too many young and promising midfielders tbh.

14 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Its a long old season with a load of games to play in the league and cups. Quite easy to get 2 or 3 injured and a sizeable squad will cover that situation.  Better to have a few over than a few short.

Yes. Very difficult for dean and the coaches. As I’ve said before . A normal season starts beginning of August . We’re now nearly mid September but with still the same number of games to get in. It’s going to be 3 games a week , for most weeks . Imo we have to have 2 for every position plus a couple of versatile players as a minimum 

11 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Taylor is not comfortable playing on the left. Needs to move across. He’s a talented, young player and it’s not good to be a square peg in a round hole. He doesn’t have a good enough left foot.

I agree.

I think its all about positioning his body to be able to receive and make passes on the left using his right foot and also positioning so as not to allow opponents down his left side. I would have hoped that he would have had a bit of coaching in that respect. Maybe he did, but he looked awkward on the left today and it detracted from his game. Hope he's not played there again.

Think a lot of the reason we lost control of the game for large parts was because Patterson and Weimann are not proper central midfielders capable of dictating a game which made Massengo's job nigh on impossible. If say a Nagy, Williams or Brunt were in there instead of Weimann it would have been a different story.

Be interesting to see who of the midfield options departs as you could make a case for all of them to stay!

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think a lot of the reason we lost control of the game for large parts was because Patterson and Weimann are not proper central midfielders capable of dictating a game which made Massengo's job nigh on impossible. If say a Nagy, Williams or Brunt were in there instead of Weimann it would have been a different story.

Be interesting to see who of the midfield options departs as you could make a case for all of them to stay!

Maybe keep all 6- games will really come thick and fast from here on in, rotate some for Cup, some for Leagfue- before the inevitable probably incrwased injuries and suspensions.

Excellent to see him make his debut last week and a good impact today- still wonder if loaning him (Bakinson) to let him have a proper season week in week out like O'Leary, Morrell and Walsh last season could be the best move,

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe keep all 6- games will really come thick and fast from here on in, rotate some for Cup, some for Leagfue- before the inevitable probably incrwased injuries and suspensions.

Excellent to see him make his debut last week and a good impact today- still wonder if loaning him (Bakinson) to let him have a proper season week in week out like O'Leary, Morrell and Walsh last season could be the best move,

Last season he had 14 appearances for Plymouth after joining in January in what was a truncated season.

Season before he had 42 appearances for Newport - thats 56 over the last couple of seasons.

He's had enough loans and one more would be one too many imo.

I think he needs games here in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would agree with you but his performance today was very good, his USP is his height, physicality and his ability to play centre back may keep him in the squad. My gut feel is that Palmer and Nagy will be going, both of which I would be dissapointed with as neither have really had the chance of regular games for varying reasons. Even then we probably need to let at least one more go but I think we are waiting on Walsh and Eliasson to sign the contracts on the table.

19 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Be interesting to see who of the midfield options departs as you could make a case for all of them to stay

Spot on, we got away with one today with that midfield.

We will have loads of midfield options this season which is great.

We have seriously lacked quality in the middle for the last few seasons.

We are all hoping Morrell and Walsh come good as they are now at the stage of the careers where they really need to push on.

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve now seen him compared to Kaliffa Cisse, Marvin Elliott, Paul Pogba, Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure.  Most of them are pretty different players.  

Some of these absurd comparisons are just becoming ludicrous?........when it is obvious,  that he's  "The Black Roy Keane"

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

My gut feel is that Palmer and Nagy will be going, both of which I would be dissapointed with as neither have really had the chance of regular games for varying reasons.

I think they may go too.

Nagy troubled by injury which cut short a great start here, and obviously hasn't settled.

I think Palmer's lack of games can only be put down to his own inability to force his way into the team.  He didn't convince LJ in training to warrant more starts, and looks like Holden isn't convinced as yet.   He doesn't seem to get himself fit enough to convince management he can last a game.  

As for Bakinson, no one can claim he's a world beater just yet, but his performance today did warrant a special mention.  Liked his interview too.  Humble.  

9 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

I think they may go too.

Nagy troubled by injury which cut short a great start here, and obviously hasn't settled.

I think Palmer's lack of games can only be put down to his own inability to force his way into the team.  He didn't convince LJ in training to warrant more starts, and looks like Holden isn't convinced as yet.   He doesn't seem to get himself fit enough to convince management he can last a game.  

As for Bakinson, no one can claim he's a world beater just yet, but his performance today did warrant a special mention.  Liked his interview too.  Humble.  

Nahki Wells was turned into a sub by LJ and Benik Afobi a winger. Not convincing LJ was dependent on where your number came out of the tombola!!

Bakinson had a stormer of a cameo as you allude, who knows what comes next, but I will wager The Boy  is not going on loan!

I think the clever money is on Morrell to get sold, possibly along with HNM, but we will see I guess.

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk if it is that easy though. Nagy will be a big wage to send somewhere and we won’t want to lose money a year on. Massengo, would he be willing to go on loan? Think Engvall did this once. And even if you say ok he doesn’t play, you have a depreciating asset. Bakinson would be much easier to loan out.

Have said similar in the Watford and Morrell thread. You can’t always get rid of players in the order you want. Nagy and Massengo may have no interest elsewhere for various reasons. Morrell, Bakinson and Walsh may have suitors. Think we all want to see the latter 3 play for us and maybe many would want to see the former shipped out but the interest isn’t there. 

No doubt it would be easier to send the latter 3 out on loan but does the club want to achieve anything or just save money,sometimes you have to take a financial hit to improve yourself,is Nagy any better than Morrell or Walsh who knows but Nagy hasn’t ripped up trees since he’s been here 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No doubt it would be easier to send the latter 3 out on loan but does the club want to achieve anything or just save money,sometimes you have to take a financial hit to improve yourself,is Nagy any better than Morrell or Walsh who knows but Nagy hasn’t ripped up trees since he’s been here 

I question whether we set up or have set up correctly for him personally, and not just him but many- if we think e.g. Weimann in CM a better fit than Nagy then I certainly dunno about that!

Nagy-CM-Paterson for some games- I could see that working. Is it a formula for all time? No- but then we have options- and based on the last few years we also have injuries! Need depth, need numbers- especially as this season will be so condensed.

9 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I would agree with you but his performance today was very good, his USP is his height, physicality and his ability to play centre back may keep him in the squad. My gut feel is that Palmer and Nagy will be going, both of which I would be dissapointed with as neither have really had the chance of regular games for varying reasons. Even then we probably need to let at least one more go but I think we are waiting on Walsh and Eliasson to sign the contracts on the table.

I agree - His attributes could rotate with Williams, who’s injured & may we get injured again during the intense season.

With a rotation of Morrell & Walsh too as again no guarantees on both staying fit throughout.

Can see DH using Brunt on left of the middle 3 at times too.

its going to be an intense season so I’d keep them all & look sell Elliason & COD

Archived