IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson

Red Army 75

33 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He started off extremely well at both Newport & Plymouth before fading, I hope it's not the same case here, but perhaps a little calm needed.

I saw a fan article yesterday about him being the midfielder we've needed for years! 

Yep, that has been the report both times hasn’t it.

Ive even read some people saying he was also great v Exeter!  All 14 minutes (9 + 5 inj)

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

He started off extremely well at both Newport & Plymouth before fading, I hope it's not the same case here, but perhaps a little calm needed.

I saw a fan article yesterday about him being the midfielder we've needed for years! 

Both clubs wanted him back though so maybe , even faded off, he was worth a start .

We mustn’t forget that youngsters are not going to be consistent whilst they are gaining experience and, in some cases , still developing physically. 

Patience and understanding are needed by supporters to help these lads realise their potential with us .

There are few more satisfying moments than watching a novice growing into a top player and going onto to be a regular at the club or moving to the Prem. 

I have seen young reserves, youth and latterly, Academy boys making their way into the first team. It usually takes up to three seasons with increasing appearances each season, before they gain the required consistency. Even the legendary Gerry Gow, had indifferent levels of performance before we saw him at his best.

I wish that modern supporters would not overuse the superlatives of our rich language when referring to players especially the young ones. Good, average and not so good will do for Tyreeq, Vyner, Moore, Morrell, O'Leary and Walsh as their levels will vary. But without a season or two where we allow them some slack, we will never see them at their best.

Glad he did well but I still think a loan would suit him better, given the numbers of our midfield.

Probably some clubs would prefer to take him immediately instead of waiting some weeks (until the return of Walsh and J.Williams), so it could reduce his options; at the same time, if there were doubts over the duo's recovery timing, I'd understand the choice of keeping Tyreeq until January,  loaning him in the 2nd part of the season.

Archived