IGNORED

Czech Mate

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think there were a couple of things that stood out for me - the clearance on the goal he should have done much better with and at points he wasn’t standing his man up enough - good going forward but nothing exceptional for me today.

Agree.  Earned his wages today.  Some good bits on the ball, some bits where he gave it away.

He is doing alright though, and today he was better than Moore (who struggled at LCB).  It’s different playing left in a 2 than a 3.

I thought Kalas was excellent today. Moore was poor. He gets a pass from me today and no judgement though, I hope he's back and better soon.

Vyner was alright, but I clearly wasn't as impressed as some. I thought he should have done better for the goal, and was very wasteful with possession quite often. Lots of big balls upfield to nobody. In his defence there wasn't much ahead of him in midfield to aim at!

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I actually thought Vyner was really good today

Me too, Vyner is very athletic and strong and I love the way he pings passes and disguised balls into the box from out of nowhere.

Why can’t some supporters realise that all players make mistakes and young players learning their trade make more than most . Give the lads a chance and they will improve with experience.

Moore was playing in an unfamiliar position with a defence who weren’t used to playing together. All things considered he stood his ground and improved as the game wore on .

I am loving watching the talent developing before my very eyes. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hang on. I've just read the Post article about him. Apparently yesterday was his first goal for us? I didn't believe it but checked transfrmarkt and whoscored and they both agree.

Just wanted to highlight that. 62 league appearances for us. Finally gets his goal.

That’s Bas Savage stats .

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hang on. I've just read the Post article about him. Apparently yesterday was his first goal for us? I didn't believe it but checked transfrmarkt and whoscored and they both agree.

Just wanted to highlight that. 62 league appearances for us. Finally gets his goal.

Likewise, I was convinced he'd scored for us before yesterday but obviously not!

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

His passing is fantastic isn't it. Very good on the ball too. Bulk up more and he might go on to be some player.

Think we need to be careful to not get carried away by one or two excellent passes, like the one to Diedhiou....and not take into account several passes given away too.

81314350-506F-4968-AD49-FD8FFC337657.thumb.jpeg.8209b58e65ebe891b38a82cd9b80ce6e.jpeg

above from “jbcfc” on twitter.

Generally he had a reasonable game yesterday....superlatives like fantastic are stretching it a bit. ?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah seen that earlier.

I mean from all the passing we've seen over the games he's played.

Last season when he came in those final games he made some outstanding long passes. 

And at times he runs with the ball up the pitch. A very confident player on the ball. Decision making good. He looks composed even when we looked awful as a side yesterday.

Yesterday not all passes came off. But also sometimes it's also down to the teammate to make a pass a good one. Like one that went to no one, I imagine someone was making a run but stopped as Vyner delivered the pass.

Also on passing charts and passing stats, sometimes a pass around the corner to the to the opposition can be a good pass for the side to push everyone up, but not statistically a good pass for the player. 

And I'm thinking back to 17/18 when we went direct a lot more than maybe people realise when we had Pato and Reid up top. Winning the 2nd balls were a key part of that. The pass forward might not be statistically a good pass, but is exactly part of the game plan to get us into advanced positions.

I would say overall from what I've seen of Vyner he has good vision and a sweet right foot on him. His confidence impresses me too. Not frightened to play it forwards or to advance himself up the pitch with the ball. Very promising.

In fairness I’ve been quite impressed with him overall since he came back post-covid.  Got some things to work on....and assuming Mawson comes in and plays LCB, it’s gonna be an interesting tussle at RCB between him and Moore.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

It didnt help Moore that he had a very dodgy Rowe in front of him.

You’re not well, are you?

Rowe did exactly what we have come to expect from him, a steady, unspectacular performance filling in for the absent Dasilva again.

Archived