IGNORED

Co commentator today

Desso

I thought he was decent. Much better commentary than the end of last season IMO. 

At times it seemed as though the audio was maybe just a fraction of a second ahead of the video, noticed a couple of times something like ‘out for a corner’ just a half second or so before the commentator would have been in a position to say that if it was 100% in sync with the video feed.

32 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought he was decent. Much better commentary than the end of last season IMO. 

At times it seemed as though the audio was maybe just a fraction of a second ahead of the video, noticed a couple of times something like ‘out for a corner’ just a half second or so before the commentator would have been in a position to say that if it was 100% in sync with the video feed.

I thought he was good last season on comms, but wasn’t used enough as the 3rd commentator.  Better when he’s the 2nd commentator.  A bit safe in some of his comments, but I get why.

3 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Totally agree.  Often there was no comment about a key passage of play because they were blathering on about something else.  Watch the match first and fill in any gaps.

I could understand for an audio pass, but if you're watching the game why do you need what's on the screen described for you? Because in reality that's generally all that commentators do rather than dig into too much tactical detail a lot.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Hmmm interesting, I hated it. Too often talked over moves and even when there were chances. It's bad enough with no crowds, it feels fake. But with the continued conversation it just felt like I was watching a soap or TV highlights.

It seemed as though the football was interrupting a nice coy chat ! That Gary bloke was even spouting some stuff as a corner was being taken.

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It seemed as though the football was interrupting a nice coy chat ! That Gary bloke was even spouting some stuff as a corner was being taken.

My Mrs was laughing at me as I was shouting at the TV so much, it was really annoying.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Hmmm interesting, I hated it. Too often talked over moves and even when there were chances. It's bad enough with no crowds, it feels fake. But with the continued conversation it just felt like I was watching a soap or TV highlights.

Even worse, our second was announced as the ‘winner’ with 10 minutes to go...talk about tempting fate.

Then, obviously a disciple of Roger Malone, started summing up the game with minutes left as to why Coventry would be disappointed with the result! 

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Even worse, our second was announced as the ‘winner’ with 10 minutes to go...talk about tempting fate.

Then, obviously a disciple of Roger Malone, started summing up the game with minutes left as to why Coventry would be disappointed with the result! 

I actually thought Gary Probert was really insightful throughout.

But yeah that 'winning goal' comment had me screaming at the telly and so nervous for the last ten minutes. What the actual **** was that guy thinking?! ? and is he not familiar with the term 'commentator's curse'? 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I agree - Was more dull chat than commentary- almost like watching snooker coverage at times.

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

It was the winner..! 

Archived