IGNORED

Weimann

Roymand 1

On 13/09/2020 at 08:11, JonDolman said:

I wonder if we sold him for a cheap fee what clubs would be in for him.

Derby didn't want him selling him to us for a cheap fee. Can't imagine any top championship clubs wanted him before. 

He's good at some things, poor at others. I still think it could work him alongside Wells. Would need good support from midfield though.

Loads would - if wages were reasonable too. 

Few months back I thought that he should be tried in as a CM.

Think I’ve seen enough now. 

There’s a good player in there somewhere. However, you need to be more than a busy bee in the top echelons of the Championship. No doubting, he’s brilliant at running around and has boundless energy. Approaching his 30’s, that key asset may not be long-lasting.

On defence. Does he tackle? Can’t remember the last ball-winning 50/50 he made. Does he effectively close down spaces and angles to prevent the opposition midfield from dictating play. On attack. Does he head the ball on, hold the ball up and play decisive passes? Does he get into dangerous areas in the penalty box with well-timed runs? Is he bossing things in the final third, always available for the ball? Have I ever been to a game and thought that was a Weimann match, he really imposed himself on that, dominating play and possession (bar the Sheff Utd hat-trick) 

Struggling a bit tbh to find a team role that makes use of his undoubted talents - which is a classic LJ-created conundrum. 

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, keep laughing @redordead1 and @SuperRed - here’s a few examples (check out the vid below) of how deadly Mr Weimann was when playing with players of similar ability in the premier league (including strikes away at both Liverpool and Arsenal) - as I said, those who think he “just runs around a lot” are clueless - have a peek here:

So @redordead1 and @SuperRed you simply persist in just posting laughing emojis on posts praising Weimann - are you able to put any words together in a sequence setting out why you think he is not a good footballer? Hiding behind sad ‘reactions’ is not debate, it’s just pathetic ...

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So @redordead1 and @SuperRed you simply persist in just posting laughing emojis on posts praising Weimann - are you able to put any words together in a sequence setting out why you think he is not a good footballer? Hiding behind sad ‘reactions’ is not debate, it’s just pathetic ...

That video you posted has converted me. I’m now confused as to why he’s not still playing in the Premiership given his pedigree and superior thinking and positional sense. The rest of our squad should consider themselves lucky that he has decided to play below his level and grace the Championship with his quality. 

On 14/09/2020 at 22:56, SuperRed said:

That video you posted has converted me. I’m now confused as to why he’s not still playing in the Premiership given his pedigree and superior thinking and positional sense. The rest of our squad should consider themselves lucky that he has decided to play below his level and grace the Championship with his quality. 

What’s the “Premiership” ? Scotland? And you still can’t say why you don’t rate Weimann as a footballer ...

Archived