IGNORED

Chris Martin

BCFCGav

Think this lad earned a thread. Everything but a goal after he came on. We seemed to have far more time high up the pitch after his introduction and he was more often involved than not when we had that forward possession. Held the ball up well and linked up well (as we heard he would from Derby faithful). Very tidy debut and lots to come this season I feel.

Pleased to read positive comments on Martin, I was really disappointed we couldn’t come to an agreement with him, I always thought of him as a poor man’s Sheringham, what he lacks in speed his brain makes up for.

He’s quite handy with a free kick from around the 20 yard mark as well, hope he does well for you.

All the best. ?

I thought he was fantastic, and did everything well. Instantly involved in the play, technically very good, physically very good, and I think he and Wells have the potential for a fantastic strike partnership. I’ve got a lot of love for Fam but I think Martin could be a better option with the style of football Holden is targeting.

He was really good but also think Holden got it spot on in not starting with him as he was already flagging by the end.

If he starts in midweek I wouldn’t expect him to play more than 60/70 minutes.

Obvious straight away what he brings though, held it up really well, won a couple of smart free kicks against the cart horse McFadzean & improved us whilst on the pitch.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Never liked the look of those 2 as a pair, not really sure if Fam was not as up for it. We were poor as a team to be fair which doesn't help. I think his role in this side doesn't really get the best out of him though

Agree.i think we need to get what we can for him . If we can get our money back and invest in another striker that suits the system then so be it. I’ve never been a massive fan of his. He’s improved no doubt , but not enough imo 

Archived