IGNORED

Forever Bristol City: Live Podcast 11.30 AM Sunday

headhunter

The Good, the Bad and the Bubbly!!

Ian, DaveFevs and myself discuss the Coventry match which saw City begin the 20/21 season with 3 points - there were some Champagne moments but also some aspects of the performance that need addressing.

Dial in and offer your opinions or simply listen to some Sunday Brunch banter !!!

Here's the link:

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=aLJ99uLPHj2 

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

what do you guys think of the back 3. i feel we need to sign a centre  back to replace the injured Baker. not sure vyner or Moore are good enough for this level.  kalas and Mawson  plus ? any thoughts. 

Moore was played out of position on the left yesterday. I hope an indifferent display won't see Vyner selected ahead of him in what is Moore's best position - right of a 3. Mawson, when fit can cover that side which could be as early as next Saturday. I don't think we need to make another signing for now but maybe move Baker on next year and get a left sided player who is not a sick note liability.

This week you use my platform comment on Martin and the thread about team reports.

Last week it was the discussion on the AG8.

Thanks for the shout out ... You're welcome!

Is it an "more experienced" fan thing to like discussing player ratings? A relic from the past where you didn't see all the games and trusted the journalists reporting? Obviously we all have views on players, why we talk about it, but ascribing numbers seems like a waste of time and energy in the modern age. I feel like I used to care about discussing it, but not so much these days. I guess it shows if someones opinion is wildly different and or terribly biased at a glance like the funny Gregor rating Moore a 7 yesterday!

43 minutes ago, Prinny said:

This week you use my platform comment on Martin and the thread about team reports.

Last week it was the discussion on the AG8.

Thanks for the shout out ... You're welcome!

Is it an "more experienced" fan thing to like discussing player ratings? A relic from the past where you didn't see all the games and trusted the journalists reporting? Obviously we all have views on players, why we talk about it, but ascribing numbers seems like a waste of time and energy in the modern age. I feel like I used to care about discussing it, but not so much these days. I guess it shows if someones opinion is wildly different and or terribly biased at a glance like the funny Gregor rating Moore a 7 yesterday!

That’s why we tend to give a score and a rationale to that score.  A score in isolation doesn’t tell us much.  It’s a means to having a discussion. ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s why we tend to give a score and a rationale to that score.  A score in isolation doesn’t tell us much.  It’s a means to having a discussion. ??‍♂️

So would just going through the team, so why the numbers?

I mean obviously I already understand the arguments behind number based review systems and whatever you want is fine IMO, just wondered why you guys specifically like them?

18 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So would just going through the team, so why the numbers?

I mean obviously I already understand the arguments behind number based review systems and whatever you want is fine IMO, just wondered why you guys specifically like them?

Because you get chat like he was “bang average”, “decent”, “really good”, etc.  Bang average is used as a derogatory term, which is confusing, because surely bang average is exactly in the middle of your expectation levels.

So you use numbers to bring some way of measuring it.

In business you have Critical Success Factors (often wordy things) backed up by Key Performances Indicators (usually numbers).

Its just common parlance in football talk.

I just respond to the questions asked by @headhunter. I don’t set the agenda.

Archived