IGNORED

Liverpool v Leeds

daored

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Penalties are not as easy as they look. In my amateur playing days 35+ years ago I never wanted to take them. as I thought I’d probably miss and let the team down.

At professional level the pressure must be enormous. 

I still remember the one I missed over 40 years ago in a cup semi final, every time there's a penalty shootout I can see my right foot kick, hear it skidding over the ground and hitting the inside of the post and coming out. 

4 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I still remember the one I missed over 40 years ago in a cup semi final, every time there's a penalty shootout I can see my right foot kick, hear it skidding over the ground and hitting the inside of the post and coming out. 

I know the feeling MH!

Who would've thought when Leeds hit three past City at Ashton Gate in their opening league fixture of last season that they would also score three away from home at Anfield in their opening league fixture of this season. To top it all who would've thought that the attendance at Ashton Gate would be far larger than at Anfield. A year (and a month)is a long time in football.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t see it all.  Said to Joe this morning that I think Leeds will do ok against the good sides, a bit like Wolves did when they went up.

Agree with that. It's the games against Burnley they'll need to stay on top form, not Liverpool, City, arsenal etc 

Still think they'll stay up. A couple of really talented players and an outstanding coach

On 12/09/2020 at 19:30, OldlandReddies said:

Really open game. Leeds didn't look out of place against one of the best teams in the world. They are easily the best team to come out of the Championship in many years. They'll finish top 8. Better than the likes of Wolves/Sheff Utd and Burnley. 

Nice to read your comments Oldland ?

Was a very entertaining game.

Leeds look like they could be good, Liverpool not usually so vulnerable!

Strong addition to the PL IMO. Do I think they're on the level of Wolves two years ago? Probably not.

However should have a goal of pushing for the top half, and as they integrate Koch and Rodrigo that should benefit them further.

Looking from the outside, think they need another CM. Forshaw could slot into a 3 but he seems like he's perennially injured.

Possibly another CB needed too if Cooper and Berardi injured for long, and another LB. Partly for depth as much as starting.

Talking of good additions, I think Brentford could've surprised a few. That front 3, improved defensively, ball playing keeper, good in possession yet in midfield structure.

This premise is based on them having kept same squad while making some additions both for upgrades in a few areas, and depth as well. Would've been a more intriguing addition than Fulham or West Brom IMO. Still think could have surprised some too

On 12/09/2020 at 20:11, Sweeneys Penalties said:

well Leeds wont be returning to the Championship next season

I not so sure.

They played a poor Liverpool team, conceded 4 goals and lost. They would have been "up" for this game as well.

Norwich started last season positively but didn't change their style of play and were relegated. 

In fairness to Leeds they will win over quite a few fans with their never say die attitude. A real breath of fresh air. I think they will more than hold their own this season.

They have a really top coach and in Kalvin Phillips a real gem and a local Leeds lad.

Never thought in a million years I would say that though!

Archived