IGNORED

Fam Today

Silvio Dante

48 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He can score, but his overall game is very limited

Who- Wells?

Of the two back in January I was hoping for Vydra but seems Burnley fancied keeping him for the foreseeable. Vydra has an all-round game and can pull wider- Wells I'm unsure we've seen the best of yet- assist today but playing Wells and Diedhiou as a pair just doesn't mesh IMO.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Agree on Fam’s display today, and with others saying he shouldn’t play while these contract talks are rumbling on. 

Here’s a thought for Holden, how about you drop Fam and play Weimann up top with Wells and play a proper midfielder in midfield? Failing that, play Martin.

Diedhiou feels 4th choice atm I think. Two out of Wells, Weimann and Martin up front for now I think- of course Semenyo can come into the picture but two of those 3 certainly would be my first choice pair at this time.

Think there’s a lot of overreacting on here. He was poor today but he’s allowed a bad game surely? About a month after he was voted player of the season. Sure, we could make some money from a sale but only money we’d need to spend on his replacement. I hope he signs back on, and plays a big part this year. 

We now have the strength in depth to choose our strikers based on what they do on the pitch, forget contracts and Potential fees. Nothing personal, or overly political, Fam had a shocker today and at least 3 players are now ahead if him in our line up. He can either force his way back in, or not. I hope we now give other players the chance to own their place in team, it’s a long season. 

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

If I'm being honest, I haven't been overly impressed with Nahki.

4 hours ago, nickolas said:

Me neither. Extremely lightweight. No pace. 
Hopefully he just ends up as one of those strikers that just seems to be in the right place at the right time!

His entire game is about scoring goals. That’s what he’s in the team to do. It doesn’t matter if everything else he does is poor if he scores goals to win games.

I’ve been a fan of Fam all along and this is largely due to role he was asked to play during the times when Lee looked bereft of ideas. It was a thankless task and yet he worked his socks trying to occupy an opponent and convince them we had any semblance of a plan.

I’ll happily admit that he lacks finesse with his touch and does not make the most of chances that come his way.

Today highlighted that somewhat. The volley being a particularly good example in that I wouldn’t expect you to score, but a professional footballer needs to show better touch and ability.

If you are purely judging him as a lethal striker then Fam will always comes up short for you.

I just think there’s more to it than that.

He is weak for a big man and often gets bullied off the ball by the oppositions CH (Remember Ade Akinbiyi he was a bulldozer and knocked centre halves out the way for fun),  Fam is also poor in the air and his first touch is awful the ball just bounces off him and often gives the ball straight back to the opposition (Martin held the ball up far more in the 1st 10 mins of coming on yesterday than Fam did all game)

Fam seems to be good at finding goal scoring positions but he seems to miss a lot more than he scores. 

He is obviously a crowd favourite due to his interaction with fans on social media but i feel he is letting the club down now by not signing a new deal and he needs to make his mind up either sign or go as we need to get this sorted now to give us time to get in a replacement   

I personally think Wells and Martin starting with Semenyo and Wiemann as options to come in and press tiring defences is all we need.

Once we have Dasilva and Sessegnon flying down the wings with Paterson, Williams and Morrell/Brunt buzzing around I believe we can see this utopia fast paced pressing game we all want.

For all his unbelievably first class attitude Fam going solves a selection headache and may improve the team.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He definitely had one of his cow`s arse/banjo games yesterday but it`s worth remembering he always takes a couple or three games to get up to speed after a layoff. I`m certainly not writing him off or saying his head`s not right on the basis of one bad game.

Important point LR. For whatever reason, it does seem to take a run of games to get into his stride. People have incredibly short memories. There’s a reason he was very recently voted man of the season. If he stays, he’ll come good.

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

Important point LR. For whatever reason, it does seem to take a run of games to get into his stride. People have incredibly short memories. There’s a reason he was very recently voted man of the season. If he stays, he’ll come good. And if he doesn’t, he will be missed.

So our deserved player of the season is no longer important , or not good enough or doesn't fit the system?

How sure are we that the current system is the same system we'll be playing in 4 months? Fam is a good all round player and scores goals: Every season. If there's any way we can keep him then that can only a good thing particularly with the other options available.

Some have stated that Chris Martin is a better option but this is premature.  Semenyo is yet to prove he can score the goals needed to cement his place as a Championship striker.

If BCFC were just about to sell Fam then he wouldn't have played- I think he's genuinely wanted . My best guess is that his head is currently up his ass as he flip flops on a new contract whilst his agent whispers about El Dorado. I guess this is why he's playing without his usual conviction.

Lets not forget the club have offered him a very good deal (According to DH) It is Fam who's holding out probably listening to his agent and promised riches we can only dream about. if he goes he goes but if he stays i wouldn't be unhappy either he will do a job for us but either way it needs to be sorted now as his head is elsewhere.

Fam's seasons usually start the same way, usually gets a goal in his first few games but generally looks a bit off the pace & always comes in for stick at the start of the season. 

Great pass into Wells to create the first goal. 

Wouldn't have helped this year that he missed a couple weeks through quarantining as well. 

He'll be fine. Some of the takes on here are ridiculous. 

59 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Fam's seasons usually start the same way, usually gets a goal in his first few games but generally looks a bit off the pace & always comes in for stick at the start of the season. 

Great pass into Wells to create the first goal. 

Wouldn't have helped this year that he missed a couple weeks through quarantining as well. 

He'll be fine. Some of the takes on here are ridiculous. 

Yes - I think each season he's been here or after a long injury it's taken Fam 4-6 games to get up to speed. 

That said we should look to resolve the contract situation one way or the other in the next week or two.

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

f he wants out let him go and use the money on someone who wants to play for city. 

I don't think anybody should accuse Fam of not wanting to play for City. He has his faults, for sure. But a lack of desire to play for us isn't one of them. 

13 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if he wants out let him go and use the money on someone who wants to play for city. 

Totally uncalled for. The man is a professional footballer. It’s how he earns his living. Everything he’s ever done here, whether good or otherwise, has been done in a manner that indicates he will give maximum commitment to whoever currently employs him. If he’s being offered an opportunity to secure a more prosperous future for himself and his family, he’ll no doubt do what the vast majority of us would do in those circumstances. No need at all for cheap shots like this.

Got to admit, being one with Fam that he’s ok normally and has the potential to be very decent, he was not very good on Saturday. As others have said though he does need a few games.

Problem is with LJs legacy is that we’ve got a load of ok individuals who haven't gelled into a team. Whether that is because they aren’t team players or not, I’m unsure. 

You look at Andi, is he a striker, winger, central midfield player? I think Derby tried him in all positions, then sold on, we’ve done the same bar the selling. Whatever he is, he doesn’t seemingly forge partnerships. Fam hasn’t either, Wells is struggling. Pato and Reid linked but since Reid went then nothing. 

Poor coaching, tactics, players or a combination of all three. Wired stuff this DNA of ours. 

22 minutes ago, jonb said:

What an absolute load of crap.  Player of the season last year (easily) and has one bad game and is now clearly third choice behind a striker people have watched for half of one game.

Comical.

I think it was a really difficult POTS award.  I don’t think there was one standout last season...several players having good spells but then bad ones, e.g. Bentley, Eliasson.  I didn’t vote as a result, because I don’t think there was a worthy winner.  So I disagree he won it easily....but all about opinions.

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Twitter rumour - probably fake - that we have accepted £3m from Dijon for him. 

Oooooohhhh!!  Exciting ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mr 192 followers says...

Ah, Robins Mole.  Pretty sure this guy was linked to Frozen Robin on OTIB.

He seemed to have a link to someone in the world of football, but also came up with some random crap too.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mr 192 followers says...

So we're prepared to sell a player for whom we paid £5M at a £2M loss? I know he's in the last year of his contract, but that would seem a very un-Ashtonian thing to do.   

A 15 goal a season striker at Championship level, who we have arguably improved since we signed him, aged 27, so pretty much in his prime. for a very attractive £3M. There's a few clubs here, never mind France, that would bite your hand off for that. 

Can't see it myself, though I'm not denying he seems likely to go somewhere, which is a pity, as far as I'm concerned.

Archived