IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Pickle Rick

35 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's not good enough for this system. Look at the work rate from our midfielders yesterday. No way can he do that. And he isn't a striker either imo.

He will be off I'm sure.

Whilst I agree he cannot press as well and whilst I agree he will be most likely gone as early as this week, is he not the natural option WHEN Paterson loses his form which will happen -history has proven that?

Yes we will lose a bit of buzz in the press but Williams and Morrell as an example could be around him to make up the small short-fall on that front BUT we gain with improved accuracy and vision of pass to feet to Martin and Wells.

As said I think he will be off for sure but I would keep him as challenge to Paterson if we can afford to and keep him happy - which I doubt this would unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Meh said:

Whilst I agree he cannot press as well and whilst I agree he will be most likely gone as early as this week, is he not the natural option WHEN Paterson loses his form which will happen -history has proven that?

Yes we will lose a bit of buzz in the press but Williams and Morrell as an example could be around him to make up the small short-fall on that front BUT we gain with improved accuracy and vision of pass to feet to Martin and Wells.

As said I think he will be off for sure but I would keep him as challenge to Paterson if we can afford to and keep him happy - which I doubt this would unfortunately.

Problem with the press is everyone needs to press. Can’t have one person not doing it properly.  If Paterson doesn’t play then his replacement will be someone else who can do it 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we have Walsh who can do that creative role whilst being a proper midfielder, being hard working too. 

Holden probably demands high work rate from everyone. I don't think he would want one who doesn't do that.

Yep forgot Walsh to be fair - would agree then that no place remains for Palmer.

I believe we paid a lot for him? Guess we may have to take a big loss unless a loan deal in the hopes he does well and we can command a bigger fee in January?

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's not good enough for this system. Look at the work rate from our midfielders yesterday. No way can he do that. And he isn't a striker either imo.

He will be off I'm sure.

In comparison our midfielders were good but not exceptional. Other comments that Kasey is not good for this system like JD posted who is this in comparison with. The system is the championship and Kasey is a good quality player and probably one of the ones that is still trying to get out of his mind the brain washing LJ implemented in him. Hopefully DH has more patience and gives Kasey a bit more time.

20 minutes ago, Meh said:

Palmer as the only replacement for Paterson?

Walsh would be my first choice with Eliasson as second if he us still with us.

And one from left field is Morton.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Couple of million would probably do I reckon. With percentage of future profit. Wages seem to be a problem for other clubs though

I expect his wages are comparatively huge. A loan to a decent club could be the best result in the circumstances- he's clearly got loads of ability but its just not happening.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Palmer as the only replacement for Paterson?

Walsh would be my first choice with Eliasson as second if he us still with us.

And one from left field is Morton.

I think I said “natural” as opposed to “only” but whatever works for you and I also corrected to admitting I had forgot Walsh - it’s an age thing.

Personally not sure what makes people think Eliasson would be a good CAM ? 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Unless his work rate and stamina has improved a lot, as well as his silly mistakes he makes in dangerous areas in possession. Then I can't see how he fits in with Holden way of playing.

If Palmer is still here, and with Bakinson impressing and maybe possibly staying. I'd love to hear who is going because we certainly won't need all these midfielders.

Does any one really claim to know yet what Holdens way of playing is.

We do have too many midfielders but I still class Kasey as a player of future progression as long as it is in sink with Holdens philosophy. I see Kasey as being low in confidence and with the correct manager it will bring out Kasey’s abilities. 

“Kaseys mistakes in dangerous areas in position” is this from games he has played in over the last six months or recent ones since DH has been the Gov.

9 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Looks like I'm on of the few that rates him. He's the type of player that wins you a match.... The defence splitting ball, the elegant touch and deft movement

He's perfect to bring on for the last 25 mins when pushing for a win. 

Except he has been bought on and not done anything the vast majority of the time...

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Name a sub who regularly comes on and impact games? Other than Eliasson the answer is no one.

All 3 made a a difference yesterday. 

Palmer is meant to be a game changer for us, and yet rarely does it, nor does he have the work rate to start in a side that wants to press. Miles behind Paterson at the moment, and I can’t see him ever hitting the levels Paterson has consistently been doing recently

I'm a fan, I think he has bags of talent and vision, but we should never have signed him. We already had Paterson and Szmodics and it was only when Swansea showed an interest LJ did his "I want that one" thing and Steve bought him another toy.
I don't agree with those that say he can't play in this system, what does Weimann bring? Doesn't tackle, usually holds the ball too long when breaking, but he is very fit and very busy. 
As COD has featured I would think he is the option when Pato needs a rest, so I think if they can get a reasonable bid, KP will be off. We should get our money back but we've wasted him. We need to stop accumulating players like we have done.

I think it’s pretty clear with Palmer. As others have said, he doesn’t work hard enough to fit how DH wants to play and he’s often careless in possession. He’s on big money, miles away from the first team, and he’s an obvious one that we’ll be trying to move on. 

Archived