IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Pickle Rick

Weird, isn’t it? 

I have been consistent in thinking Palmer wasn’t the right signing for us, but back when we did so this forum was full of people saying that he was far better than Paterson (who used to take a lot of stick on here) & that he was going to be a top player.

So have those people changed their minds? Stopped posting?

Because this thread is now dominated by those who think we should sell, and good luck with that, by the way..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird, isn’t it? 

I have been consistent in thinking Palmer wasn’t the right signing for us, but back when we did so this forum was full of people saying that he was far better than Paterson (who used to take a lot of stick on here) & that he was going to be a top player.

Because this thread is now dominated by those who think we should sell, and good luck with that, by the way..

I’m still posting! ?

I still think there’s a player in there, but we haven’t seen him under Holden bar 23 minutes in a gung-ho game v Swansea, and 18 minutes v PNE...where he actually looked decent.

In a 352 or 3412 he could fit in...its the system he played his best City football in, at the start of last season.  But he’s got some players to shift first, and as it stands Paterson is head and shoulders ahead of him...and others might get the nod ahead of him.

Paterson is our best technical player.  He’s had periods where he’s not done much, but has usually found a spell where he’s delivered numbers also.  He is having his best spell currently....long may it continue.  He needs a constant reminder of the levels he has set.  I hope this is where Brunt and Martin come in, policing any complacency.

Selling Palmer is easy....at the right price.  That might be City continuing to pay some of his wages.  I think he’s more likely to go out on loan, because of that.

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

If he doesn’t feature tonight for any “decent” period of time I think that says it all. 

I don’t think he will make the 18 tonight.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird, isn’t it? 

I’m still here. 

Still believe there is a player in there. Despite this I never actually understood the signing at the time. 

Obviously, if he’s not going to be given a shot or Holden sees players in front of him for his system/type of play then yes, we should absolutely look to move him on. 

Paterson has done well since his return. The kick up the ass/knock in pride he may of received in being farmed out to Derby has certainly served him well. 

21 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He should be sold. Far too lazy and tries the hero pass too much. 

If you follow him and his missus on social media, you will see his life seems to be full of, well just distractions it seems to me. Perhaps he needs to focus on football and stop pissing around. He has god given talent, but doesnt seem to be arsed when he gets a chance. Id ship him out ASAP

Like what?

What is he doing that means he's pissing around?

I don't know how much effort he makes during training and what level of consistency he can guarantee...but I guess the main problem with him is tactical.

He is the sort of player who just can't defend, so in order to have him on the pitch, a team should have a strong midfield to support him and give him freedom. Last season we didn't have this strenght (Nagy never 100% fit, Massengo's inexperience, Rowe used as cover for Dasilva rather than as CM, etc.), so LJ preferred to use players like O'Dowda and Weimann as ''links'' between midfield and attack.

Maybe in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with two defensive/holding midfielders along him things could change, but with Pato's renaissance and Walsh back in the team, I see him as 3rd choice right now.

So what I was gonna post pre kick off was that this match was KP's cup final. His last chance to show that he should be part of BCFC or end of his time here.

Isn't it so very very satisfying to see him come good when it really really matters?

Well done Kasey... really well done and onwards and upwards. Many of us will be almost as delighted as he is.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So what I was gonna post pre kick off was that this match was KP's cup final. His last chance to show that he should be part of BCFC or end of his time here.

Isn't it so very very satisfying to see him come good when it really really matters?

Well done Kasey... really well done and onwards and upwards. Many of us will be almost as delighted as he is.

EFL cup 2nd round vs Northampton.

This is not when it really matters.

1 minute ago, Jimbo76 said:

He's done that before.  Then he just doesn't show up for 3 games.  I fear he is one of those players with all the talent but not the consistent effort to make the most of it. 

Really hope I'm wrong. 

Maybe before, I mean with Winston in charge, personally I think he looks a different player, only time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Great performance from KP yes but one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Still obviously needs to get fit and play higher up the pitch. He really does come alive in the final third though.

My whole point is that this was last chance saloon for Kasey and he came good. 

Alternatively we could just say he didn't get a hat trick or maybe he's just found his level at League One. Just like we did for Bryan and Reid.

Archived