IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Pickle Rick

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Honestly!

He was playing against a second-rate team who barely got out of third gear.

Second-rate team who beat Cardiff!!!.... you can only beat who is playing in-front of you, Kasey is a player that will always blow hot and cold, he is our only player that can play like this!!!!

Just grew in confidence as the game went on. It’s hard for any player to effect games when coming on as a sub. 

I mentioned on here last year it would be interesting to see if Palmer could be converted into more of a centre midfielder like West Brom have done with Sawyers. 

KP’s performance should come as no surprise to those who believe in him. He’s got class in him and is clearly a confidence player, the sort who needs an arm round him rather than being thrown under the bus time and again. 

I really hope this is the turning point for him because there is a top player in there. He’s earned his next chance and needs to string a run of games together against sides better than Northampton with all due respect. 

He’s miles ahead of Weimann in that role and a better long-term prospect than Pato. If KP performs consistently at tonight’s level, it’s a no brainer he’s ahead of those two. Good on him.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

My whole point is that this was last chance saloon for Kasey and he came good. 

Alternatively we could just say he didn't get a hat trick or maybe he's just found his level at League One. Just like we did for Bryan and Reid.

He did play well but he will need to produce when it actually matters. He will have given DH a really good problem to have for sure. It’s about what KP does from this point now though.

I am not sure who said that about Bryan or Reid but either way, completely different situations.

14 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Honestly!

It's true that but when was the last time Palmer got a start in midfield with some forwards in front of him who actually move and a defence not lumping the ball at Fam?

For me it's like when we signed Lee Trundle and then expected him to be a target man and lamented that he wasn't.

I don't think we've ever really given him the chance to succeed at what he's best at - I hope we do now because he can be great to watch.

15 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Great performance from KP yes but one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Still obviously needs to get fit and play higher up the pitch. He really does come alive in the final third though.

Playing him behind Wells with Morrell, Walsh and Williams behind him would suit KP down to the ground, IMO. 

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

It's true that but when was the last time Palmer got a start in midfield with some forwards in front of him who actually move and a defence not lumping the ball at Fam?

For me it's like when we signed Lee Trundle and then expected him to be a target man and lamented that he wasn't.

I don't think we've ever really given him the chance to succeed at what he's best at - I hope we do now because he can be great to watch.

Of course Palmer played well.  But I happen to think O'Leary was our MOTM.  Clean sheet, hardly a shot to save with great positioning, good distribution...should definitely start on Sunday...

You get my point?

No doubt Palmer will not start at Stoke, probably no space on the bench for him.

But his silky skills should be enjoyed, against a lower league side tonight he looked great and there can be no doubt he has talent

Can he do it week in week out ? Hope he gets the chance but he's in a bit of a log jam now. IF we ever get all our midfielders fit picking a side will be a nightmare.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

He's done that before.  Then he just doesn't show up for 3 games.  I fear he is one of those players with all the talent but not the consistent effort to make the most of it. 

Really hope I'm wrong. 

Has he though? I don’t think I’ve seen the tracking back, the tackling and, most of all, the full 90 min stamina that we saw tonight.

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:

He did play well but he will need to produce when it actually matters. He will have given DH a really good problem to have for sure. It’s about what KP does from this point now though.

I am not sure who said that about Bryan or Reid but either way, completely different situations.

I think, tbf, that in recent times KP hasn't been given enough chances " to produce when it actually matters". Yet you're right in that his signing has been a general disappointment so far but definitely DH has a new dilemma.

Ultimately- KP putting on a show is brilliant for BCFC one way or another.

Was amazing to see him chasing lost causes, winning possession back after chasing down the ball when he lost it.

However I did feel he overcomplicated things quite often; choosing to go for a highlight reel pass, or trying to take a man on and failing a significant number of times. Also kept doing "no-look" passes.

I found him quite frustrating to watch to be honest, but he did definitely give us attacking impetus and 2 nice finishes, maybe he's what we need?

Holden has a headache now, first choice no.10 still pato? But kp just scored twice? Where does that leave Walsh? Nice problem to have though.

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Of course Palmer played well.  But I happen to think O'Leary was our MOTM.  Clean sheet, hardly a shot to save with great positioning, good distribution...should definitely start on Sunday...

You get my point?

Well yes, I think I already agreed with that?  It doesn't mean that giving him 20 minute cameos when we're losing and punting the ball over his head to static forwards is not the reason we haven't got the best out of him.  Perhaps we should try using him properly before we give up.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I will say though that Palmer looked ridiculously good against Bolton at home in the cup in 18/19. And then barely had a good game after that.

He was fantastic tonight of course. Just wondering can he do it consistently. I hope so.

To be able to do it consistently he needs to play consistently. Hopefully this will be the turning point for him and will be managed differently. It does seem he has been the scapegoat. Not playing him could have cost us a play off place last season. 

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think, tbf, that in recent times KP hasn't been given enough chances " to produce when it actually matters". Yet you're right in that his signing has been a general disappointment so far but definitely DH has a new dilemma.

Ultimately- KP putting on a show is brilliant for BCFC one way or another.

Before now he has been a little unlucky not to have been given those chances. But when given those chances, albeit not many, he hasn’t taken them with both hands like he did tonight.

As you say it can only be a good thing for us. I really hope he kicks on as we don’t have another player like him.

11 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

That includes the rest of the team! The team played well what’s your problem, so how many more players weren’t up to it?

Huh?

Are you replying to someone else?

I didn't say anyone was or wasn't up to it?

My problem is with the assertion of the OP that KPs future was down to this one game, and that this game was when it really mattered. I think that's pretty clear, as that's the bit I highlighted and responded to. 

You ok?

47 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think it did to him , to us and the coaching team

Yeah I don't think they're basing a decision over his future on one game.

In fact I'd be really disappointed if one game radically changed their assessment of a player either way.

• Admin

I was watching coverage via Northampton that included Colin Calderwood as a summeriser.

He hit the nail on the head in the first half that Palmer was making the easy pass backwards when he had time and space to go forwards. 

Look at the restart to the second half how Palmer chased down their keeper forcing him to rush his clearance, from that moment on he was like a new signing. 

Something obviously clicked at half time and as the game progressed he got more and more confidence improving his game massively.

He was far from perfect, still losing the ball cheaply and on occasions lazy in back tracking 

But this is the Palmer we want to see more of this season. 

Can he do it week in week out against better opposition? Only time will tell 

7 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Huh?

Are you replying to someone else?

I didn't say anyone was or wasn't up to it?

My problem is with the assertion of the OP that KPs future was down to this one game, and that this game was when it really mattered. I think that's pretty clear, as that's the bit I highlighted and responded to. 

You ok?

Yeah I don't think they're basing a decision over his future on one game.

In fact I'd be really disappointed if one game radically changed their assessment of a player either way.

Thanks for your concern I’m fine,

Thought Palmer played well as did the rest of the team, I thought you implied different 

• The title was changed to Kasey Palmer
On 16/09/2020 at 01:11, TonyTonyTony said:

He should be sold. Far too lazy and tries the hero pass too much. 

If you follow him and his missus on social media, you will see his life seems to be full of, well just distractions it seems to me. Perhaps he needs to focus on football and stop pissing around. He has god given talent, but doesnt seem to be arsed when he gets a chance. Id ship him out ASAP

Whoops  :facepalm:

• Admin
13 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Whoops  :facepalm:

Let's put it into perspective though. This was probably his best performance in a City shirt? 

Let's get excited when he's done it in the league on a consistent basis. 

Northampton were a poor side that can't be used as a benchmark. 

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Honestly!

Last season, when he got a chance,  he was playing FOR a second rate team who rarely got out of third gear!

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

You get my point?

What the eff was that 3/4 drilled pass straight down the middle in the first half to Bakinson...which he lost.  Unnecessary, poor decision making.

But other than that he did exactly what was needed from him tonight.

Archived