Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think moving him on will be hindered by his wages. I reckon Championship clubs will be proposing a hefty cut.

Clubs especially outside the elite might have to be creative to move players on.

Loan, option to buy- wages partially covered now would be one way. Perhaps a loan fee as well, reduced in line with the wage contribution.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clubs especially outside the elite might have to be creative to move players on.

Loan, option to buy- wages partially covered now would be one way. Perhaps a loan fee as well, reduced in line with the wage contribution.

Yeah that's the way to go 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Swansea were interested before he signed for us weren`t they?

I think it was the fact that they were strongly linked got Johnson to jump in. Very strange move, turned out a waste for club and player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Swansea were interested before he signed for us weren`t they?

Be interested to see how they play this season without Conor Gallagher.  Gibbs-White is a different midfielder (scored the winner yesterday).  I could still see them being interested though.

4 hours ago, mozo said:

I think moving him on will be hindered by his wages. I reckon Championship clubs will be proposing a hefty cut.

Will rule some clubs out, but still a few out there who would pay it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You forgot Derby!!

Theres a few I suspect he’s still to try.  Preston about to lose Daniel Johnson for example.

DJ, our POTY, is signing for Rangers this week. Bournemouth have bid for Ben Davies. Both have less than a year left along with Alan Browne and Ben Pearson, our 4 best players.

Money brought in via sales doesn't affect the playing budget so I doubt we can afford someone like Palmer.

Zero signings made so far. Manager desperate to sign strikers. Only striker we've signed is Nugent who we didn't want. Worst set of STs in the league last season yet we haven't signed one.

Our first choice keeper is injured as well and the back up is awful. It's looking like a complete an utter mess.

The manager is sick to death of it and his post-match interview at the weekend was something to behold really.

Edited by pnefcok
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

DJ, our POTY, is signing for Rangers this week. Bournemouth have bid for Ben Davies. Both have less than a year left along with Alan Browne and Ben Pearson, our 4 best players.

Money brought in via sales doesn't affect the playing budget so I doubt we can afford someone like Palmer.

Zero signings made so far. Manager desperate to sign strikers. Only striker we've signed is Nugent who we didn't want. Worst set of STs in the league last season yet we haven't signed one.

Our first choice keeper is injured as well and the back up is awful. It's looking like a complete an utter mess.

The manager is sick to death of it and his post-match interview at the weekend was something to behold really.

Ouch. Can we play you soon please?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What a perfectly succinct post.

I never fully understood why he was signed or why the club spent so much- I guess they saw it as an investment in a young Chelsea player with huge potential?

I can't see any reason why any club would now spend millions on KP let alone duplicate his wages which is why I see a loan as most likely. Good luck to the fella but  him playing in the reserves can't be seen as anything other than a negative.

I think the club intended to have him feed Nketiah (then Adobe) and his perceived value as a Chelsea grad just mitigates the financial risk.

That went out of the window with Afobe's injury and LJ ended up failing to settle on a shape all season, the only real constant being that he always wanted to select Fam which makes it hard to play a player who specialises in line breaking passes.  I think he missed a trick when Wells joined and that a midfield with Palmer in and Wells up front could be successful.

It's quite frustrating to see talented young players fall by the wayside because we're not prepared to give them a run of games in a system that suits their attributes.

Palmer can work harder off the ball of course but without regular games it is impossible to get fit enough to keep that up, or sharp enough to create consistently so this idea of him not working hard enough just becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and we end up losing a player I'd enjoy watching and losing money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2020 at 08:51, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ha! I've heard that if a bird has webbed feet, a large orange bill and quacks- it's probably a duck!

 

I’d tell that bird to try a different plastic surgeon in future.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2020 at 09:51, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ha! I've heard that if a bird has webbed feet, a large orange bill and quacks- it's probably a duck!

 

I told the Wife there was something odd about the dog when we got it from the rescue centre. Good swimmer though.

Edited by BigTone
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pnefcok said:

DJ, our POTY, is signing for Rangers this week. Bournemouth have bid for Ben Davies. Both have less than a year left along with Alan Browne and Ben Pearson, our 4 best players.

Money brought in via sales doesn't affect the playing budget so I doubt we can afford someone like Palmer.

Zero signings made so far. Manager desperate to sign strikers. Only striker we've signed is Nugent who we didn't want. Worst set of STs in the league last season yet we haven't signed one.

Our first choice keeper is injured as well and the back up is awful. It's looking like a complete an utter mess.

The manager is sick to death of it and his post-match interview at the weekend was something to behold really.

Apart from that everything is rosy then!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nibor said:

I think the club intended to have him feed Nketiah (then Adobe) and his perceived value as a Chelsea grad just mitigates the financial risk.

That went out of the window with Afobe's injury and LJ ended up failing to settle on a shape all season, the only real constant being that he always wanted to select Fam which makes it hard to play a player who specialises in line breaking passes.  I think he missed a trick when Wells joined and that a midfield with Palmer in and Wells up front could be successful.

It's quite frustrating to see talented young players fall by the wayside because we're not prepared to give them a run of games in a system that suits their attributes.

Palmer can work harder off the ball of course but without regular games it is impossible to get fit enough to keep that up, or sharp enough to create consistently so this idea of him not working hard enough just becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and we end up losing a player I'd enjoy watching and losing money.

Johnny Smith comes to mind.

I think that maybe the right  KP loan could actually be brilliant for everyone concerned. If he's as good as his previous potential suggests then BCFC end  up with a player ready to come back and make an impact or be sold on for good value.... although I'm a bit dubious about either atm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Thought diediou was dreadful weekend

He has been dreadful since he arrived, sometimes brilliant defender, sometimes lucky in front of goal but never able to control the ball under pressure - goal tally has been flattering and has more to do with the quality of balls provided than his expertise! 
only fault he does not have is lack of enthusiasm, there are a few in the squad that would do well to show it as much of it as he does!

its sad that some of our best runs have been when he was not available - spitgate a perfect example!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasey Palmer is just the sort of creative talent who should be playing week in week out. He needs that run of games. The guy's a special talent and it's extremely frustrating how we as a club cannot seem to harness his undoubted talents.

Some of the comments on here are really short sighted in that respect. Like Walsh, he can see a pass in an instant and the potential link up play with Nahki Wells is mouth watering.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swede said:

Kasey Palmer is just the sort of creative talent who should be playing week in week out. He needs that run of games. The guy's a special talent and it's extremely frustrating how we as a club cannot seem to harness his undoubted talents.

Some of the comments on here are really short sighted in that respect. Like Walsh, he can see a pass in an instant and the potential link up play with Nahki Wells is mouth watering.

 

Yup. I would also stress that we haven’t seen Nahki at his best yet, maybe he needs Walsh or Palmer to get him firing. It’s a bit chicken and egg at the moment I think, but I also think the inclusion of Diedhiou almost as a dead cert also complicates things.

As regards to Diedhiou, I personally think he’s been punching above his weight for quite a while here. Certainly been bad as well as good, but if the team was built around you it does help to make him look better than he would  in another team.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedM said:

Yup. I would also stress that we haven’t seen Nahki at his best yet, maybe he needs Walsh or Palmer to get him firing. It’s a bit chicken and egg at the moment I think, but I also think the inclusion of Diedhiou almost as a dead cert also complicates things.

As regards to Diedhiou, I personally think he’s been punching above his weight for quite a while here. Certainly been bad as well as good, but if the team was built around you it does help to make him look better than he would  in another team.

Whilst Diedhiou and Eliasson were our best players last season I would agree with what you say. 

When we had Afobe pre injury you could see glimmers of the next level we were trying to get to with Palmer's quick thinking passing and Afobe's intelligent and powerful  running the channels and the diagonals. It only served to highlight the contrast with Diedhiou.

I really like Fam but I am convinced that to attain the next level we need the intelligence and quick thinking of a Walsh and Palmer playing inbetween the lines and the mobility of a forward like Afobe who can play in a variety of forward roles.

Diedhiou is at the height of his saleability as an asset and despite what the club says in the media I fully expect him to be sold this window.

The trick is to not be caught with out pants down like we were with Josh Brownhill without an adequate replacement in place.

I think Martin will prove to be a valuable asset ala Wilbs but we will still need another striker to carry the load. I don't think Semenyo can fill the void just yet as he needs to get up to Championship speed which was evidently missing the last time he was in the side before his loan.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He should be sold. Far too lazy and tries the hero pass too much. 

If you follow him and his missus on social media, you will see his life seems to be full of, well just distractions it seems to me. Perhaps he needs to focus on football and stop pissing around. He has god given talent, but doesnt seem to be arsed when he gets a chance. Id ship him out ASAP

 

  • Confused 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I've almost forgot what kinda player he is, it's been so long since he's been given a run of games. He must be serioulsy unimpressive in training or doesn't get our tactics. I think it's nearly been a year since he appeared for 3 games in a row? 

If I knew this was the outcome I wish we sold last January

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • phantom changed the title to Kasey Palmer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...