Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He should be sold. Far too lazy and tries the hero pass too much. 

If you follow him and his missus on social media, you will see his life seems to be full of, well just distractions it seems to me. Perhaps he needs to focus on football and stop pissing around. He has god given talent, but doesnt seem to be arsed when he gets a chance. Id ship him out ASAP

 

Agree with the passing comment. He tries impossible passes that rarely come off. Inevitably he will get some right and then looks great on highlights.

Being a good passer is about not making bad passes as well as making the occasional brilliant pass.

I'd sell him. He has a lot of ability in being able to beat a man sometimes in the middle of the park. And the odd brilliant pass. But he doesn't fit into this side. Not got the stamina, so hasn't got the required work rate or discipline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swede said:

There is a top player there. It is up to him and the coaches to sort it out.

Not unless he ups his game and puts a shift in. All modern teams that thrive have players that are full of energy and press, run etc. There is no place for lazy buggers and I’m afraid KP is one. He would struggle to get into any top half Champ team with his work rate and that’s on him - not the coaches 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not unless he ups his game and puts a shift in. All modern teams that thrive have players that are full of energy and press, run etc. There is no place for lazy buggers and I’m afraid KP is one. He would struggle to get into any top half Champ team with his work rate and that’s on him - not the coaches 

I genuinely don’t think he’s lazy.  Poor at pressing? Yes.  That’s very different.  He tries to put himself about when he’s in the pitch.

For me he works no less hard than Diedhiou...who is also crap at pressing.

We need to see if the coaching staff can make a difference....although I suspect he will be off either loan or permanent.

  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swede said:

There is a top player there. It is up to him and the coaches to sort it out.

I got a feeling if it hasn’t worked by now with him for us it never will.
 

Is it best for Bristol City that he stays on the books? I think he should have until January to prove himself, maybe even a loan!  

Edited by Sturny
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Not good enough. Struggles to pass a ball 3 yards to another player.

surprised we paid 4 million for him. Get shot 

So your username is not just a catchy title then - there is some truth in it?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I genuinely don’t think he’s lazy.  Poor at pressing? Yes. 

Nowadays this should be well drilled - analyse the pressing triggers in the game and push up. Id be amazed if a player that spent ages with Chelsea hasnt picked that up. If you are not executing its either you cant be arsed or are not fit enough. Maybe he has fitness issues we arent aware of

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Nowadays this should be well drilled - analyse the pressing triggers in the game and push up. Id be amazed if a player that spent ages with Chelsea hasnt picked that up. If you are not executing its either you cant be arsed or are not fit enough. Maybe he has fitness issues we arent aware of

It should be, totally agree.  As a team we haven’t pressed we’ll since 17/18 in reality have we? It’s a bit of a fallacy we were a high-pressing team under LJ.  There are several reasons why we aren’t imho, from individual players, to team system.

I don’t think Holden has got the press going either....yet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, isn’t it? 

I have been consistent in thinking Palmer wasn’t the right signing for us, but back when we did so this forum was full of people saying that he was far better than Paterson (who used to take a lot of stick on here) & that he was going to be a top player.

So have those people changed their minds? Stopped posting?

Because this thread is now dominated by those who think we should sell, and good luck with that, by the way..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird, isn’t it? 

I have been consistent in thinking Palmer wasn’t the right signing for us, but back when we did so this forum was full of people saying that he was far better than Paterson (who used to take a lot of stick on here) & that he was going to be a top player.

So have those people changed their minds? Stopped posting?

Because this thread is now dominated by those who think we should sell, and good luck with that, by the way..

I’m still posting! 😜

I still think there’s a player in there, but we haven’t seen him under Holden bar 23 minutes in a gung-ho game v Swansea, and 18 minutes v PNE...where he actually looked decent.

In a 352 or 3412 he could fit in...its the system he played his best City football in, at the start of last season.  But he’s got some players to shift first, and as it stands Paterson is head and shoulders ahead of him...and others might get the nod ahead of him.

Paterson is our best technical player.  He’s had periods where he’s not done much, but has usually found a spell where he’s delivered numbers also.  He is having his best spell currently....long may it continue.  He needs a constant reminder of the levels he has set.  I hope this is where Brunt and Martin come in, policing any complacency.

Selling Palmer is easy....at the right price.  That might be City continuing to pay some of his wages.  I think he’s more likely to go out on loan, because of that.

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

If he doesn’t feature tonight for any “decent” period of time I think that says it all. 
 

I don’t think he will make the 18 tonight.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird, isn’t it? 

I have been consistent in thinking Palmer wasn’t the right signing for us, but back when we did so this forum was full of people saying that he was far better than Paterson (who used to take a lot of stick on here) & that he was going to be a top player.

So have those people changed their minds? Stopped posting?

Because this thread is now dominated by those who think we should sell, and good luck with that, by the way..

I’m still here. 

Still believe there is a player in there. Despite this I never actually understood the signing at the time. 
 

Obviously, if he’s not going to be given a shot or Holden sees players in front of him for his system/type of play then yes, we should absolutely look to move him on. 

 

Paterson has done well since his return. The kick up the ass/knock in pride he may of received in being farmed out to Derby has certainly served him well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He should be sold. Far too lazy and tries the hero pass too much. 

If you follow him and his missus on social media, you will see his life seems to be full of, well just distractions it seems to me. Perhaps he needs to focus on football and stop pissing around. He has god given talent, but doesnt seem to be arsed when he gets a chance. Id ship him out ASAP

 

Like what?

What is he doing that means he's pissing around?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how much effort he makes during training and what level of consistency he can guarantee...but I guess the main problem with him is tactical.

He is the sort of player who just can't defend, so in order to have him on the pitch, a team should have a strong midfield to support him and give him freedom. Last season we didn't have this strenght (Nagy never 100% fit, Massengo's inexperience, Rowe used as cover for Dasilva rather than as CM, etc.), so LJ preferred to use players like O'Dowda and Weimann as ''links'' between midfield and attack.

Maybe in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with two defensive/holding midfielders along him things could change, but with Pato's renaissance and Walsh back in the team, I see him as 3rd choice right now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what I was gonna post pre kick off was that this match was KP's cup final. His last chance to show that he should be part of BCFC or end of his time here.

Isn't it so very very satisfying to see him come good when it really really matters?

Well done Kasey... really well done and onwards and upwards. Many of us will be almost as delighted as he is.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Palmer was absolutely outstanding tonight. If he can do that consistently, maybe not score 2 every game and the moments of insane quality when we were dominating. But the tracking back, tackling, and keeping it going for 90 minutes. It's those things that impressed me most.

Like all our players, it is league one opponents we played against. But he couldn't do more.

Of course he would have to do a lot more of the chasing, tracking and tackling against quality championship opponents. Really hope he can continue to improve at that side of his game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So what I was gonna post pre kick off was that this match was KP's cup final. His last chance to show that he should be part of BCFC or end of his time here.

Isn't it so very very satisfying to see him come good when it really really matters?

Well done Kasey... really well done and onwards and upwards. Many of us will be almost as delighted as he is.

EFL cup 2nd round vs Northampton.

This is not when it really matters.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • phantom changed the title to Kasey Palmer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...