IGNORED

List why players aren't selected on the team sheet.

Prinny

45 minutes ago, Prinny said:

What's the point of any communication if we can just lie? Well we assume people are telling the truth generally if we have no reason to suspect them, if you don't you have issues!

And I think you're missing point two of this, in that it collects the data already out there. Holden will be asked about Joe Bloggs by a journalist, so he'll have to lie there anyway.

You were the one just advocating lying - I quote: And at the absolute worst, a player could say just put me as NS please. And then you say people who suspect liars have "issues". You're contradicting yourself, which one is it? 

I think you're missing the point. If the club are selective in press conferences (which I presume will continue if your idea was ever put in place?) then they will also be selective in the information they put on the team sheet. So what's the point? The pre-match interview often clears up info about players who are injured, i.e Jay yesterday.

The fact is one letter after a players name on the team sheet will not necessarily stop further questions or even the same questions anyway, so there's little point...."Press: I see X is injured, how long is he out for? Manager: X has a slight knock and will be out for a week" As oppose to..."Press: Where was X today? Manager: X has a slight knock and will be out for a week."

54 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

You were the one just advocating lying - I quote: And at the absolute worst, a player could say just put me as NS please. And then you say people who suspect liars have "issues". You're contradicting yourself, which one is it? 

I think you're missing the point. If the club are selective in press conferences (which I presume will continue if your idea was ever put in place?) then they will also be selective in the information they put on the team sheet. So what's the point? The pre-match interview often clears up info about players who are injured, i.e Jay yesterday.

The fact is one letter after a players name on the team sheet will not necessarily stop further questions or even the same questions anyway, so there's little point...."Press: I see X is injured, how long is he out for? Manager: X has a slight knock and will be out for a week" As oppose to..."Press: Where was X today? Manager: X has a slight knock and will be out for a week."

Advocating lying and saying people have issues if they constantly suspect others of lying without evidence isn't a contradiction. They're two separate points. You'd have to explain the contradiction there to me because i don't understand, sorry!

The point would be to always, not often clear it up. That's an improvement IMO. And it's faster, to see and do, so it's more efficient, so that's an improvement. So for example this week you'd have to listen to interviews in different sources to know who's available or not. This is one piece of paper/tweet. Improvement!

What the manager would then say in the interview is he's injured and is working hard to get back (i.e. no comment, none of your business)  If want to talk about privacy, why do we need to know what a player is injured with or how long they're out? We just need to know why they're out IMO. And saying it earlier and shutting down length of injury talk, means the journalists have to ask actual questions about the game, which means we get better interviews. Which is an improvement IMO. Shutting down "how long is a piece of string?" questions is good for my interests.

6 hours ago, Meh said:

Surely we need acronyms that can be easily remembered without referring to a key :-

HIP Has Incriminating Photos (instant starter)

SHIT Sulky Has Inferior Touch

CRAP Can’t Really Accurately Pass

WOMAN Won’t Offer Much Attacking Nouse

I’m going to get it for the last one !!

that's all the rovers team..... Seen Heading Into Tents

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We’ve had a laugh but it’s a ridiculous idea. We know exactly why the players not selected yesterday were not selected. That’s the case 95% of the time. 

Well if you read the forum, you'd see that many people seem to have no idea about it. 

So if you have actual reasons why making that process easier, clearer and faster, is "ridiculous" feel free.

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Well if you read the forum, you'd see that many people seem to have no idea about it. 

So if you have actual reasons why making that process easier, clearer and faster, is "ridiculous" feel free.

In your original post you stated why people were missing.  Proving the point that this isn’t necessary.  

7 hours ago, Red white and red said:

What right have we got to know what is happening in a player’s personal life? I don’t want anybody who is not a close friend or family member to know what’s happening with me. 

Footballers have their lives plastered all over social media etc. Can’t we just leave people alone. 

Absolutely this. Just look at Nathaniel Mendez-Laing over the bridge. The speculation about why he`s had his contract terminated beggars belief.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s not an improvement as we already know why everyone wasn’t playing as you demonstrated! 

So how did you know that information? You watched a video, or listened to multiple interviews.

So yes while we could still know the same info, this way is faster, in a single source, and it means the coaches spend less time talking about it. Which is all positive.

So it's an improvement.

It's not necessary to drive, but it takes less time than walking, so it's desirable (sometimes) so it's (in some aspects) an improvement... you still get to the same place but you saved a bunch of time.

I was listening to a podcast with Maa Nonu, an all blacks rugby player.

He was talking about how weird it is that we as a country are obsessed with why people haven’t been picked/made the match day team. He said in New Zealand, because they have an attitude of everyone is picked on form, there is never any qualms and every knows that the 15 in the team got picked cos they’ve been the best in their position.

It’s a model that must be very hard to enforce but once that is the way, I can imagine it’s very rewarding because it keeps everyone on their toes, fighting to get back in that first team, because you’re only as good as your recent games

Archived