IGNORED

Forever Bristol City - Recording of today's live podcast: The Good the Bad and the Bubbly

headhunter

3 points in the bag and the performance reflects the title of this episode!

The Champagne moment was the goal from Pato after just 22 seconds and Bentley's 5* performance between the sticks.

DaveFevs, Ian, Steve and myself discuss team selection, the performance as a whole plus:

Massengo - set up to fail with a midfield like that / a below par performance from Fam / team selection for Northampton and beyond/ Kasey Palmer - does he have a future at AG and are what we all agreed are improved ref displays down to empty stadiums.

Listen here on on Spotify: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/the-good-the-bad-and-the-bubbly-recording-of-live-podcast-13-september/

Great content but a struggle to listen to at some points.

Dont wish to be negative because I think it's great but some things that might be improved:

Lots of accidental talking over each other,

some gaps without anyone knowing who was supposed to be talking,

not great audio quality

responding to questions that weren't asked because there was a point to make.

43 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Great content but a struggle to listen to at some points.

Dont wish to be negative because I think it's great but some things that might be improved:

Lots of accidental talking over each other,

some gaps without anyone knowing who was supposed to be talking,

not great audio quality

responding to questions that weren't asked because there was a point to make.

31 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

I'm enjoying it

Sure there are a few teething problems, but the content and the knowledge is spot on

Well done, lads

Thanks for the feedback. 

The aspects being criticized are wholly valid. In part this is due to doing it live rather than making a recording using Zoom when we could see each other and not talk over. 

Pleased to read that you feel the content and knowledge is spot on. The latter is no doubt due to me, DaveFevs and Ian having a collective 140 years of supporting City! With regard to content I'll claim the editorial flair for that!

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Pleased to read that you feel the content and knowledge is spot on. The latter is no doubt due to me, DaveFevs and Ian having a collective 140 years of supporting City! With regard to content I'll claim the editorial flair for that!

It really does come over, mate

We were crying out for a decent City podcast, now we've got 3 or 4 of them - all slightly different, with very different personalities. I'll whisper it, so as to not upset the others, but I think this one is my favourite. I even downloaded the podbean app just to listen. Please get it on pocketcasts, hate podbean with a passion, not as user friendly!

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing you're doing it via the internet, a few silences and talking over people is natural in that respect, and difficult. 

Meet in a pub, mic on the table, as long as there aren't more than 6 of you , jobs a good un  ?

It is difficult....and both Ian and I are quite opinionated too, so we are probably both itching to give our view.

on OSIB Stanley uses Skype, so you can signal to him that you want to chip in.  They are 110 episodes in, and not going out live either.

Agree with @‘orns that each pod is a bit different, and it’s just great being able to talk about City.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It is difficult....and both Ian and I are quite opinionated too, so we are probably both itching to give our view.

on OSIB Stanley uses Skype, so you can signal to him that you want to chip in.  They are 110 episodes in, and not going out live either.

Agree with @‘orns that each pod is a bit different, and it’s just great being able to talk about City.

I quite enjoy it, not the stutter bits though , keep thinking I've turned the iPod off ?
I like that there are differing opinions , plus there's not a bloody food section !! 

3 hours ago, 'Orns said:

It really does come over, mate

We were crying out for a decent City podcast, now we've got 3 or 4 of them - all slightly different, with very different personalities. I'll whisper it, so as to not upset the others, but I think this one is my favourite. I even downloaded the podbean app just to listen. Please get it on pocketcasts, hate podbean with a passion, not as user friendly!

Agreed. Really enjoy the podcast, but if you could get it on the pocketcast app that would be great as the Podbean app is awful. 

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Great pod but any chance of keeping the questions shorter and allowing the responder time to answer. 

Valid comment re. shortening my questions! With, typically, Ian & DaveFevs plus one or two others in the virtual studio the format is akin to Question Time [i'd model myself on Robin Day, for those old enough to remember, rather than Fiona Bruce] and maybe I'm cutting over the speaker occasionally to make sure everyone has their share of voice! 

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Any chance you could upload it to the apple podcasts app? I tried listening to it on the podbean app yesterday and kept getting a file error!

Will get that sorted [Apple Podcasts] before next episode which will be live on Sunday an hour or so after the Stoke game.

Enjoyed the podcast as usual.

Considering I had the honour of being mentioned by 2 of the participants perhaps a more apt title would have been, The Good, the Nogbad and the Bubbly? ;)

Keep up the good work chaps, a few blips, interruptions etc. here and there are to be expected and don't affect my enjoyment.

Archived