IGNORED

Rocked Robins accuses City players of ‘ play acting ‘

Major Isewater

About freaking time we showed a bit of streetwise edge to our game .

Hamer had to be taken off because he was on a second warning .

Halle- freaking- lulleah !!

We have been the naive ‘ sportsmen ‘ for too long .

Cheating,no but winding up opponents I am very much OK with . That is part of any professional sport to get in the opponents head. 

Well done Rowe , who was namechecked , and the others .

Chris Martin was up to his old tricks yesterday, frustrating when he’s on the opposition side but frankly great when it’s your team he’s getting the advantage for.

I notice that DH has recruited some pragmatic lads with edge and this has been long overdue . 

We are football snobs and don’t like our players getting down and dirty . Well times have changed and now I am hoping that any team that beats us has to work damn hard for the points. No more ‘ after you Claude ‘ for me.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

About freaking time we showed a bit of streetwise edge to our game .

Hamer had to be taken off because he was on a second warning .

Halle- freaking- lulleah !!

We have been the naive ‘ sportsmen ‘ for too long .

Cheating,no but winding up opponents I am very much OK with . That is part of any professional sport to get in the opponents head. 

Well done Rowe , who was namechecked , and the others .

Chris Martin was up to his old tricks yesterday, frustrating when he’s on the opposition side but frankly great when it’s your team he’s getting the advantage for.

I notice that DH has recruited some pragmatic lads with edge and this has been long overdue . 

We are football snobs and don’t like our players getting down and dirty . Well times have changed and now I am hoping that any team that beats us has to work damn hard for the points. No more ‘ after you Claude ‘ for me.

Where's Robins said this? Can't see it on Cov's match reports or the BBC report?

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Where's Robins said this? Can't see it on Cov's match reports or the BBC report?

Quote from Robins in the Post 

‘ 

“He (Hamer) was on his last warning and they were throwing themselves,” said Robins. “Tommy Rowe threw himself on the floor in the first half to try to get him sent off.

“So that’s another thing. The level is different and you don’t necessarily see it at the level down.

“There was no real contact and then they start to get onto the referee and he starts to react to it.”

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Quote from Robins in the Post 

‘ 

“He (Hamer) was on his last warning and they were throwing themselves,” said Robins. “Tommy Rowe threw himself on the floor in the first half to try to get him sent off.

“So that’s another thing. The level is different and you don’t necessarily see it at the level down.

“There was no real contact and then they start to get onto the referee and he starts to react to it.”

Ah the Post. That'll teach me for going to the source. Should respect the real journalists shouldn't I.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He also said I bet they couldn't believe their luck what with scoring so early :laugh:

Uh?  It wasn't luck, pal. it was a bloody well worked move and finish.

What a bitter cock.

If I hadn't been logged off at the time I would have posted that the opening goal looked almost like a training routine.

I thought Hamer was very good in the first half; In my opinion he was the best player on the pitch, or very close to it before half-time. Maybe Mark Robins is just using some "mind games" stuff post match, by throwing his toys out of his pram, in a bid to make the player feel less like he left Coventry with no choice but to withdraw him. Something he learnt from Fergie perhaps?

However if I was Mark Robins I would be having serious words with Hamer in private to remind him control his agression a little better. If he doesn't learn to control himself he will see red at least once this season.

At least three fouls made by Hamer stood out

1) On Weimann - A deliberate/petualnt trip, he was a little late and nowhere near the ball - rightly a yellow

2) On Rowe - It looked a strong and aggressive challenge - from what i recall he comes in at speed with a low block tackle, Rowe is pretty much stationary on the sideline. He possibly played the ball first but his momentum appeared to carry him through Rowe -  I think the ref showed leniancy, I have definitely seen those given as a yellow card in other cases the argument being its overly agressive or not in control.

3) On Wells - Again it looked like a deliberate trip (and when we had a breakaway building) - The ref then called him across and rightly gave him a final warning, ponitng out he had already comitted other fouls

So he got away with 2 challenges that _could_ have been bookings and the ref gave him the benefit of doubt both times and told him "next one you are off" after the challenge on Wells - Am i right in thinking Hamer was also involved in a foul that gave away a free-kick outside their box in the first half?

17 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

We've got a few - off the top of my head, Hunt has a degree in shit housery, Martin a masters, and Rowe has a diploma.

Problem is that too many have failed their shithousery 11 plus!

4 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Nothing will ever beat Jack Hunt sending Sergi Canos flying backwards over the advertising boards at Griffin Park and then wanting to take on any Brentford player that had a problem with it.

Towelgate at Boro was great as well. Love it.

Archived