IGNORED

Rocked Robins accuses City players of ‘ play acting ‘

Major Isewater

6 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Nothing will ever beat Jack Hunt sending Sergi Canos flying backwards over the advertising boards at Griffin Park and then wanting to take on any Brentford player that had a problem with it.

? Get it in my veins

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah just wait until someone dives for a penalty and watch the tears ...

Shame the game has come to this and there is no benefit to playing fairly with dignity. 

Agreed. I personally cannot stand it, ever. It's usually done against us, but even us doing it is embarrassing. However, the refs and the laws of the game have gone beyond soft. What was once a contact sport, now isn't, where players roll around as if they've been shot, only to show on a replay, they've barely been touched. 

It's a disgrace to the game I love to be honest. Far too often the ref will blow for a foul just because someone has hit the deck. 

Being back fair play, strength and dignity. 

On 13/09/2020 at 19:12, Major Isewater said:

About freaking time we showed a bit of streetwise edge to our game .

Hamer had to be taken off because he was on a second warning .

Halle- freaking- lulleah !!

We have been the naive ‘ sportsmen ‘ for too long .

Cheating,no but winding up opponents I am very much OK with . That is part of any professional sport to get in the opponents head. 

Well done Rowe , who was namechecked , and the others .

Chris Martin was up to his old tricks yesterday, frustrating when he’s on the opposition side but frankly great when it’s your team he’s getting the advantage for.

I notice that DH has recruited some pragmatic lads with edge and this has been long overdue . 

We are football snobs and don’t like our players getting down and dirty . Well times have changed and now I am hoping that any team that beats us has to work damn hard for the points. No more ‘ after you Claude ‘ for me.

Thank you Major! All my support for Warnock on here, and the success he has brought to his teams in record breaking levels by being streetwise, has been met with the usual boring, lazy, predictable accusations that he is a cheat - I’ve mentioned the term ‘streetwise’ a zillion times, that’s what he is - teams don’t need to be bullied in the way our club has been over the years ... time to wise up - it’s a tough division (not league) - compete or lie down ...

Coventry reminded me of us when we first came up with Cotts in charge. We'd have majority possession, generally play good football but would end up getting caught by a sucker punch on the break quite often near the end of the game. At the beginning we thought how unlucky we'd been but when it kept happening realised that we were a bit naive tactically compared to the other teams. We've learnt that now and also it seems how to handle ourselves regarding game management (which has taken longer), as the Major said about time!

13 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Coventry reminded me of us when we first came up with Cotts in charge. We'd have majority possession, generally play good football but would end up getting caught by a sucker punch on the break quite often near the end of the game. At the beginning we thought how unlucky we'd been but when it kept happening realised that we were a bit naive tactically compared to the other teams. We've learnt that now and also it seems how to handle ourselves regarding game management (which has taken longer), as the Major said about time!

That was pretty much what I wrote in my “What Can We Expect” thread,

Wilbs was the best we had at the dark arts in years.

Mostly because you didnt really notice him doing it.

Tricky fixture away at playoff chasing, in form Doncaster on a freezing cold Tuesday night. City leading a close game 2-1 with Doncaster in the ascendancy having just pulled 1 back....Wilbs managed to upset so many of their players that their bench was on the pitch trying to fight him at one point. Doncaster lose their heads, city win 3-1, Wilbs scoring the goal to put it beyond them.

In my view football took a turn for the worse when we lost the Corinthian spirit :-

if only modern teams behave liked the Corinthians used to do, back in the 1900s. They were the totally amateur, public-school, Oxbridge team that put fair play and moral values above such sordid, vulgar things as winning. They never argued with the ref or entered any competition where there was a prize. If by chance the other team lost a man, either sent off or through injury, they immediately and voluntarily sent off one of their own men, just to keep things even.'

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

In my view football took a turn for the worse when we lost the Corinthian spirit :-

if only modern teams behave liked the Corinthians used to do, back in the 1900s. They were the totally amateur, public-school, Oxbridge team that put fair play and moral values above such sordid, vulgar things as winning. They never argued with the ref or entered any competition where there was a prize. If by chance the other team lost a man, either sent off or through injury, they immediately and voluntarily sent off one of their own men, just to keep things even.'

Imagine the arguments now over who would be going off 

16 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i cant remember who it was but both hunt and taylor wound a defender up to the extent he was raging and had to be subbed before he saw red

Was that Jansson whilst he was still at Leeds, remember him booting the ball out the stadium and being subbe d off just before half time

Archived