IGNORED

Macclesfield Town FC

Super

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A mate of mine went to see JC when he played for Stevenage. They were just pumping it long to him apparently. He’s not the tallest so stood no chance. 

I thought he’d do well too. Though my he’d be a good signing for the blue few. 

Where in Bromsgrove were you? I’ve got a lot of love for sporting. They really helped me through the darkest days of LJ. Can’t wait to get back down the Victoria Ground!

He isn't the tallest, but still seemed to win his fair share of headers. His direct style reminded me of Vardy a bit, but obviously not quite to the same standard. I wouldn't wish the blue few on him though.

I used to live in Rubery. My Dad used to take me down to Ashton Gate from time to time, but he was a Leeds fan, so the Victoria Ground was a good compromise. My parents still live there now so I do get to games from time to time when I visit. 

2 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Since I have seen that there are some people on here that really love accounts... Looking at Macclesfield's first season back in the FL, it looks like they lost between 500-600k that season (my best guess from retained earnings) and looking back through previous years it looks like they overspent getting promoted after having manageable losses prior to this. Their owner had the club since at least 2015 so I don't think he was doing a Bury, maybe he just took it too far going after success and ended up getting into more debt than he could afford.

Difference between getting promoted to the Football league and the Premier league. 

10 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Scandalous how far apart the two ends of the football scale have been allowed to spread.

A whole club gets wound up for £500k, yet Bale and Ozil are being paid more than double that every week between them and are not even considered to be picked to play.

It’s not really that scandalous Teams at the top end make money through people watching on tv teams at the other end don’t! 
 Unless we adopt a football communism where the top clubs give out money to small clubs or a stricter controls are put on small clubs for how much they can spend through how much they make, then Macclesfield won’t be the last team to go bust!!!

p.s I think Football communism is a terrible idea! 

11 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Scandalous how far apart the two ends of the football scale have been allowed to spread.

A whole club gets wound up for £500k, yet Bale and Ozil are being paid more than double that every week between them and are not even considered to be picked to play.

Blame the owner not Ozil and Bale.

There are probably multimillionaire CEOs and less-skilled staff at a rival company who sadly have to use food banks.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Blame the owner not Ozil and Bale.

There are probably multimillionaire CEOs and less-skilled staff at a rival company who sadly have to use food banks.

Not a dig at either player, just using their situation to highlight the differences in football since the TV money took over at the top end.

13 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Lower league Clubs produce players in their youth and academy systems. Then these players are nurtured in the lower tiers. We send a lot of our players out on loan and are beginning to see the benefits of this. We should be grateful to clubs such as Newport, Plymouth, Lincoln etc who have helped us develop our players. No doubt Macclesfield FC has produced and raised many fine players, who have gone on to greater things.

It is only fair that the grass roots football clubs receive proportionate payments for their work. I agree that it is crazy that we have a system in which premier league players' wages are much higher than the £500k for which Macclesfield are being wound up. Why should such a small amount of premier league employees get the benefits from grass roots football culture? There needs to be a maximum wage and premier league teams should pay more to the lower division clubs for producing and raising players.

• Admin

Not sure what the difference was, but just been announced that they have been kicked out of the National league and this weekends fixture against Bromley has been cancelled. 

I had assumed the previous ruling meant that the club was no more, so unsure how they were planning to play this weekend 

40 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Seems they are coming back reformed at a lower level. But with there ground still, be interesting for watch a club in the NWCFL and the guy bought Macclesfield owns another club at this level. Will he fold his other team to get Macclesfield in for next season. 

Love him or hate him, it's good to see Robbie Savage helping to rescue his local club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54526501

Archived