IGNORED

City v Northampton Town (19:45 Wed 16th Sept) - match day thread

Davefevs

Great header from Antoine, would have been so easy to have a go instead himself but putting it back across the ball is what we were trying to do under LJ, creating positions of maximum opportunity, I know some people hate xG but the xG of where Martin heads from is much bigger than where Antoine heads from and its about creating those chances.

3 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Never gonna be great at wingback but as the goal shows still has it! lovely assist

Last ten minutes.......everyone is playing better, fianally getting it together.  Elliasson has most defintely improved as the game has gone on.  Just needs minutes?

My thoughts so far FWIW

Obviously a battle, not a pretty game. Shame about Kalas

Vyner grew into the game, few stray passes to start with especially 2 long pass attempts well off their mark

Palmer's tracking and defensive game is good. Putting a shift in which many critisiced him for. Maybe sit a bit too deep, but great pass for the offside goal (great finish too from Semenyo). Picked up the ball from the defence for the goal, played on to Bakinson - NE cross - Semenyo unselfishly back and great desire from Martin to win that header and score. Wasn't easy by any means.

Bakinson been getting stuck in, especially with some full blooded headers. love to see it

Nagy looking like the player that started last season, busy, looking for the ball and moving it on.

Great effort from NE freekick, unlucky not to score

I think we've brought in some real quality in Martin and Mawson. I think some were worried we had pretty much the same squad as last season but players like Semenyo and Bakinson stepping up looking like new players and the additions are exactly what we've needed.

Archived