IGNORED

Best performance since man u

Tammyjr

Just now, Rossineri said:

Very enjoyable watching the complete team performance tonight. Thought the team had a great shape and balance particularly in midfield. Played quick passing football and totally dominated play with 78% ball possession. Holden must be well pleased with that.

Don’t forget it’s only a poor  League 2 team.

Championship is a world of difference.

13 minutes ago, Rossineri said:

Very enjoyable watching the complete team performance tonight. Thought the team had a great shape and balance particularly in midfield. Played quick passing football and totally dominated play with 78% ball possession. Holden must be well pleased with that.

Agree after the last few seasons enjoyed the game.

As for some on here get a life 

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Should be expected when we were playing a side who'll do well to stay in league one this season 

I think it's usually hoped for, rather than expected. Even less, usually delivered. 

Cardiff probably "expected" it. 

We earned the right by being professionally excellent tonight. 

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Should be expected when we were playing a side who'll do well to stay in league one this season 

I can't recall a game against lower league opposition where we've dominated the game like that. I thought we were taking the piss a little towards the end.

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

They had at least four youngsters on the pitch at one point,,plus others who were 'fringe players......

No reason for us to be creaming ourselves..

It was pretty good but did read their post match comments that they had a number out and rested a few more.

Holden agrees with you- I was happy to see this, the aim should be relentlessly seeking to improve, to reach new ceilings, hit them and look to exceed and keep that process going.

Small BBC summary and probably without detail or context but...

This line excites me a bit- feels quite telling.

"We are still nowhere near where we want to be.

Would LJ have said this had he still been in charge? I'm unsure!

I think we played well but nothing to get carried away about. Significant positives but can't take a huge amount- ie Eliasson at LWB in Championship, dunno about that! As we know we have significant power to add, we have depth

I don’t get the negativity because it is a League 1 team. We absolutely dominated the match. How did it go with Shrewsbury last season? 

Not saying we win the league because how we have played in the 3 games. Far from it but we are also far from the performances of last season and that is a great sign. DH off to a great start and hope it continues. Big test this weekend. 

as good a performance that was lets remember it was Northampton not norwich, we were poor for large parts against coventry, we still need to make massive strides in terms of performance

Holden is saying the right things and not hiding which is good, he can also see when things aren't working which is good,

But before we get carried away lets wait for some performances against championship teams,

Encouraging signs thats for sure but a long way to go yet,

• Admin
12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't know if it's always that easy, Cambridge won at Birmingham, Harrogate lost by less at a reasonable West Brom side.

A good win, players will take confidence and it'll add to the competition for places. Yet no reason to get carried away.

100%, let's be honest Northampton were well beaten

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it's usually hoped for, rather than expected. Even less, usually delivered. 

Cardiff probably "expected" it. 

We earned the right by being professionally excellent tonight. 

Like above you are looking at who the team is, rather than the side put out on the pitch

But agree it needed a professional job to do the job

10 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

They had at least four youngsters on the pitch at one point,,plus others who were 'fringe players......

No reason for us to be creaming ourselves..

Exactly, needs putting into perspective.

Archived