IGNORED

Okay...what the holy hell do we do Sunday?

BCFC Rich

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Probably the hardest team selection I can remember but I would go

Bentley

Hunt

Vyner

Moore

Mawson

Eliasson - Difficult to decide so soon after tonight, Rowe would offer defensive stability but Eliasson would be such a good outlet and potentially push Stoke back with his forward runs, also Rowe on the bench covers LWB & CB

Bake-inson

Nagy

Palmer / Paterson - Again can't decide between them this soon after the game, leaning towards Paterson on the basis he would be fresh but Palmer's quality is better than JP's.

Martin

Wells (Semenyo is really pushing him now and Nakhi needs to start scoring regularly to keep AS out of the team as on tonights showing he offers slightly more in terms of assists and all round game, think we have a real talent in Semenyo)

Subs

O'Leary

Sessengnon

Rowe

Massengo

Pato / Palmer - Whoever doesn't start should 100% be on the bench out of these two

Diedhiou

Semenyo

Absolutely zero chance of Weimann being dropped from the squad entirely

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

For me, it is partly sending out a message that players who come in and play well keep getting chances. For that reason, assuming Martin not ready for two games in a week yet but, whether Mawson is or not, we don’t have the CBs to drop him:

Bentley

Vyner

Moore

Mawson

Hunt

Bakinson

Rowe

Palmer

Nagy

Semenyo

Wells

I agree, but I would probably keep NE at LWB he had a good game and with injuries to CB's Rowe can offer cover there and LWB from the bench - not sure if Mawson will manage 90 or not. 

The obvious bits are that Bentley will return in goal & Hunt will return at RWB, with Dasilva & Kalas out, the others there will be Vyner, Moore, Mawson & Rowe.

Midfield is far more difficult, Paterson is a cert & whatever others might think Holden has gone with Weimann in there 6 out of 6 in the league so far. My hunch is he won’t go with Bakinson for his full debut but will stick with Nagy as the third man in midfield.

Up front Wells is a cert but with Fam poor v Coventry & Martin playing so well I wouldn’t be too shocked if CM started with both Semenyo & Fam on the bench.

Harsh on Palmer but he cannot be in the same midfield 3 as Paterson so is on the bench.

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To answer my own question, with the assumption that Martins not up to two games in a week (if so, he’s in for Wells) and that Kalas is out I reckon it’s:

Bentley

Hunt

Rowe

Mawson

Moore

Vyner

Bakinson

Nagy

Paterson

Semenyo

Wells

I’m just not there on a KP/Paterson combo in midfield yet!

In think this would be my choices too. Hope Nagy and Bakinson are feeling fit enough for it, if not then maybe get HNM in for one of them. (Or sub at HT maybe). We also have Brunt who could come on as a sub to save their legs a bit.

Our squad is STACKED

I know they are a League One team but the midfield combination was so much better tonight. Bakinson with his height, power and composure, Nagy freed from a holding role to link the play, and Palmer allowed the freedom by those two to express himself. It actually allowed us to keep the ball and play through midfield. Then when you add in Mawson, Martin, and Sessegnon, the latter two being much better technically that Diedhou and Hunt, it meant we played some of our best football in a long time.

Please Dean, no more Weimann in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The obvious bits are that Bentley will return in goal & Hunt will return at RWB, with Dasilva & Kalas out, the others there will be Vyner, Moore, Mawson & Rowe.

Midfield is far more difficult, Paterson is a cert & whatever others might think Holden has gone with Weimann in there 6 out of 6 in the league so far. My hunch is he won’t go with Bakinson for his full debut but will stick with Nagy as the third man in midfield.

Up front Wells is a cert but with Fam poor v Coventry & Martin playing so well I wouldn’t be too shocked if CM started with both Semenyo & Fam on the bench.

Harsh on Palmer but he cannot be in the same midfield 3 as Paterson so is on the bench.

Really hope it is not Paterson - Weimann - Nagy in midfield. Nagy showed tonight - and several towns last season, albeit for the wrong reasons - that he is absolutely not a holding midfielder. I’d go for Bakinson in the holding role but, if not, it has to be Massengo or using Brunt as a deep lying playmaker. Unless Morrell or Williams are suddenly fit, of course.

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

OK and whilst I don't agre he justifies his place I strangly believe you are going to be right but whose place does he take based on what we have seen?

We are 3/1 for Sunday as well, easy money?

Based on your selection, either Massengo on the ground that Rowe can cover central midfield or, perhaps more sensibly, Diedhiou on the grounds that Weimann can act as second striker and Diedhiou does not look match fit yet.

Kinda feel sorry for massengo having to play that game alongside paterson and weimann, its put him at the back of the queue but it wasnt his fault he was left exposed. Had he played alongside bakinson tonight he would have someone to share that defensive responsibility.

i appreciate weimanns work rate, but i really hope he comes out of that midfield role now

Bentley 

Hunt Vyner Moore Mawson Rowe

Bakinson Nagy

Pato

Martin Wells 

Subs:

O’leary, Sessegnon, Brunt, Weimann, Palmer, Diedhiou, Semenyo

Still a v strong squad but what makes it even more exciting is the thought of having : Kalas, JD, Baker, Williams, Walsh in contention 

Pato keeps his place due to his performance Saturday but Palmer, Semenyo and a another to come on second half against stoke and run them ragged 

A nice blend with Bakinson and Nagy atm and played very well together tonight 

a lot of options now just finding out what players suit specific games...this is the strongest squad we’ve had for a very very long time imo 

6 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Bentley 

Hunt Vyner Moore Mawson Rowe

Bakinson Nagy

Pato

Martin Wells 

Subs:

O’leary, Sessegnon, Brunt, Weimann, Palmer, Diedhiou, Semenyo

Still a v strong squad but what makes it even more exciting is the thought of having : Kalas, JD, Baker, Williams, Walsh in contention 

Pato keeps his place due to his performance Saturday but Palmer, Semenyo and a another to come on second half against stoke and run them ragged 

A nice blend with Bakinson and Nagy atm and played very well together tonight 

a lot of options now just finding out what players suit specific games...this is the strongest squad we’ve had for a very very long time imo 

That’s the starting line up I would go with as well. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

If we assume Kalas is injured, then the GK and 3 CBS are settled. But the rest?

- Pato or KP? Pato has two goals and an assist, ditto KP

- Wells, Martin, Semenyo or Fam? I’d love to go the same two as tonight but is CM fit enough? Either way, Antoine is now firmly in the conversation and probably ahead of Fam and Wells on form

- The other two in midfield? I can’t see AW starting but two from Tyreeq, Adam, Han-Noah and Brunt? Who?

- The RB - gut says Hunt but Sess, particularly second half, excellent

- The LB - Rowe?

I don’t want to overreact as it’s Northampton. But, in a non tombola way, I genuinely have no idea what we’re lining up with on Sunday for a very positive reason 

Training will be interesting the next few days!!

I wouldn’t want to be the one to select the starting 11 for Sunday especially the midfield and forwards 

Whatever team he puts out I would like to think those selected will be under so much pressure from team mates that they will walk through walls to get a win and a good performance and keep the winning run going 

46 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Mawson? 

Ah forgot him! Yes him for Moore

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

I would drop Fammy too, he was really poor against Coventry, Martin or Semenyo offer so much more.

I'd agree but both played out of their skins tonight, Fam is fresher. 

32 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Have to say though that Sessegnon is a big improvement on Hunt.

Northampton were poor mind.  Don't get carries away..  

Having said that, if we have almost 2 sides, we will be in a position to deal well with fixture congestion.

Sessegnon is quality he hugs that touch line well and gives you great width definitely better quality than hunt.

I think the line up will very much depend on how Holden sees meeting the physical challenge Stoke pose as they could now field a full team of players standing 6' or 6'+. Does he try to match Obi Mikel in midfield with Bakinson for and does he risk Palmer who has more physicality than Pato. Whether  Martin can start or no I expect him to start Fam and Wells but  Semenyo for me should enter the equation. How the players came out of tonight may determine the outcome. 

We will know about Kalas by tomorrow, but it did not look good.

Thus the goalkeeper and back three pick themselves. Rowe will have to be in the squad and I would say is nailed on sub.

Bakinson I will predict right now will start. 

Then it could be anyone after that.  My thoughts are s Weimann and Wells Will be starting, but not as a pair. Anyone from Semenyo Martin and FD to partner Wells to start. 

Also dropping Patterson is highly unlikely. Thus who is fit to play with Patterson, Bakinson and Weimann from the off?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Have to say though that Sessegnon is a big improvement on Hunt.

Northampton were poor mind.  Don't get carries away..  

Having said that, if we have almost 2 sides, we will be in a position to deal well with fixture congestion.

I thought Sessegnon looked very rusty (understandably so) particularly in the first half  and he would have been a liability against a championship team imo. He needs a couple of games to get up to speed and I wouldn't think he will be taking Hunts place anytime soon.

Hunt is one of the first names on the teamsheet for the Stoke game imo.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner. Moore.  Mawson 

Sessegnon.                   Rowe

Nagy. Bakinson. Pato

Martin Semenyo 

Agree, except I'd keep Eliasson LWB after tonight.  Need Rowe to possibly come on for Mawson like he did tonight. 

Archived