IGNORED

Okay...what the holy hell do we do Sunday?

BCFC Rich

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner. Moore.  Mawson 

Sessegnon.                   Rowe

Nagy. Bakinson. Pato

Martin Semenyo 

If that was the side and everyone is fit I’d have no complaints at all.

However some players were rested tonight, with Stoke in mind, so as you’ve done in your line-up, the likes of Pato starts, irrespective of Palmer’s performance.  But Pato will now feel under pressure to keep performing.  Which is exactly what Holden wants.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The obvious bits are that Bentley will return in goal & Hunt will return at RWB, with Dasilva & Kalas out, the others there will be Vyner, Moore, Mawson & Rowe.

Agree re Hunt, Sessegnon rusty, but got better and better as the game went on.  Good options at RWB.  I could see Eliasson starting at LWB v Stoke however.

Midfield is far more difficult, Paterson is a cert & whatever others might think Holden has gone with Weimann in there 6 out of 6 in the league so far. My hunch is he won’t go with Bakinson for his full debut but will stick with Nagy as the third man in midfield.

I’m gonna disagree with you again here.  I think Bakinson will start, but with Nagy (instead of Weimann) and Paterson.

Up front Wells is a cert but with Fam poor v Coventry & Martin playing so well I wouldn’t be too shocked if CM started with both Semenyo & Fam on the bench.

Yep, Wells back in....but suddenly we have 4 options, with Diedhiou potentially slipping down the pecking order.  I would rather see Weimann, Martin or Semenyo start with Wells over Fam at this point.

Harsh on Palmer but he cannot be in the same midfield 3 as Paterson so is on the bench.

Yes, well done Kasey, but Pato was rested specifically.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a lovely problem to have tbh.

Wouldn't rule out Weimann starting as one of the front 2, the pressing is quite important but Wells is highly likely to start, Martin well the ball sticks so well. Semenyo will be really confident now and Weimann yeah he can lead the press.

Could possibly start Weinman and Wells resting Martin and Semenyo We’ve got Vile-er and then Wednesday within 7 days to follow. 

5 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Could possibly start Weinman and Wells resting Martin and Semenyo We’ve got Vile-er and then Wednesday within 7 days to follow. 

Yep, could do that- I was thinking too Weimann and Martin- Martin can do his thing, ball will stick, holdup, layoffs- Weimann is told to press, press, press- of course both can score and assist too!

With the right midfield behind them we should be fine centrally too, That pair played together at Derby too.

17 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I hope tonight has shown Holden that his 3-3-2-2 isn't the best formation. Drop one of the attacking mids and replace with a centre mid so its a 3-4-1-2

Exactly! I hope that ends the Weimann midfield experiment!

17 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner. Moore.  Mawson 

Sessegnon.                   Rowe

Nagy. Bakinson. Pato

Martin Semenyo 

Looks good to me?

16 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

You can’t ask people to stake a claim for their shirt and not play them when the perform. Especially when the performance on Saturday was average at best. KP must start on Sunday.

I completely agree with you but don't think it can apply to Palmer because Pato has already proved to be undroppable atm. Semenyo however...

15 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

No way should Semenyo start ahead of Wells

Based on form he should do. Wells needs to up his game or lose his place!

On 16/09/2020 at 22:24, LondonBristolian said:

For me, it is partly sending out a message that players who come in and play well keep getting chances. For that reason, assuming Martin not ready for two games in a week yet but, whether Mawson is or not, we don’t have the CBs to drop him:

Bentley

Vyner

Moore

Mawson

Hunt

Bakinson

Rowe

Palmer

Nagy

Semenyo

Wells

Eliason instead of Rowe?

I suppose we could go 1 up top and have 2 attacking midfielders just behind - that way you could play KP and JP behind one striker. You'd also then have two more defensive CM's so Bakinson could play (his form has been good) and Nagy or HNM could be alongside as a more box to box CM (which seems to suit both their games more. 

Difficult to name the XI, but some must be certs...

...............Bentley...............     ---  Bound to come back in

Vyner    Moore    Mawson. --- no options

?????    ??????  Paterson  ??????    Rowe. ---- the 2  sure to start.

??????    Wells   ------  Certain starter.

Guess work, but Hunt will probably come in. He's rested and has the experience. Brunt playing midweek adds another question, but silence over Morrell & Walsh probably means 2 from Brunt/Nagy/Bakinson. My guess Brunt & Bakinson. Same up front, Fam rested, Martin did well and Semenyo MoM. Holden is bound to go with one of the big men and as he started with Fam I'd guess he'll start.
Probably wrong, and when everyone is fully fit it will even harder. 
So I get ....

Bentley

Vyner    Moore    Mawson

Hunt - Bakinson - Paterson - Brunt - Rowe

Fam  -  Wells

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Difficult to name the XI, but some must be certs...

...............Bentley...............     ---  Bound to come back in

Vyner    Moore    Mawson. --- no options

?????    ??????  Paterson  ??????    Rowe. ---- the 2  sure to start.

??????    Wells   ------  Certain starter.

Guess work, but Hunt will probably come in. He's rested and has the experience. Brunt playing midweek adds another question, but silence over Morrell & Walsh probably means 2 from Brunt/Nagy/Bakinson. My guess Brunt & Bakinson. Same up front, Fam rested, Martin did well and Semenyo MoM. Holden is bound to go with one of the big men and as he started with Fam I'd guess he'll start.
Probably wrong, and when everyone is fully fit it will even harder. 
So I get ....

Bentley

Vyner    Moore    Mawson

Hunt - Bakinson - Paterson - Brunt - Rowe

Fam  -  Wells

Rowe is an interesting one.  If we knew who O’Neill was gonna start at RWB, you might go with Eliasson.  If it’s Tommy Smith, he is more defensively minded and you could put Eliasson up against him.  Suspect Rowe will start though.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I suppose we could go 1 up top and have 2 attacking midfielders just behind - that way you could play KP and JP behind one striker. You'd also then have two more defensive CM's so Bakinson could play (his form has been good) and Nagy or HNM could be alongside as a more box to box CM (which seems to suit both their games more. 

Not a bad suggestion at all, the lone striker would need to be Martin in this scenario though as the ball would need to stick when it goes forward to make use fo having Palmer & Pato in behind him

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I'd go ;

.................Bentley

....Vyner    Moore    Mawson

Hunt    Nagy    Bakinson    Rowe

...............Paterson

..........Martin    Wells

But there is a case to be made for a few other players..

I'd be reasonably happy with that. I do think Semenyo earned another start, but don't expect it to happen.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Rowe is an interesting one.  If we knew who O’Neill was gonna start at RWB, you might go with Eliasson.  If it’s Tommy Smith, he is more defensively minded and you could put Eliasson up against him.  Suspect Rowe will start though.

I’m going on the fact that a few people fancy Stoke this year, so might go slightly more solid. I wasn’t that impressed with NE Vs Northampton, he is a concern defensively. As you say though, if they don’t have a threat that side, he’s an option. 

Archived