IGNORED

Nagy.

stephenkibby.

Class act tonight, and I've been a big fan since he signed. He plays between the lines superbly well, keeps the ball ticking over in a positive way and links that midfield system between your DMF and Palmer/Pato type. 

As for his fuel tank, FML he was still closing down their keeper in the 90th minute. Massively important cog in our midfield now for me, and I think that role of the 'middle man' playing in our central midfield 3 is really suited to him. Walsh would probably be the other similar player to him, in terms of functionality that would rotate well depending on the opposition or form.  

Anyone at Birmingham away last season could tell he’s got something pretty special. Unfortunately he hasn't shown it consistently but tonight his performance reminded me of what he can do. So much energy, made himself available all over the pitch and played with an intelligence that gave confidence. Let’s hope that’s the bar set, if so he could be a key player this season. 

Nagy is a class player and will show it this season now that he isnt shackled by Johnsons tactics, is (hopefully) free from injury and doesnt have to worry about his club falling out with his country whenever he plays for them. We only saw glimpses of his quality last season due to injury disruptions and LJ leaving him out of the team. 

So why, post match, is Holden slating sloppy passing and a poor first half?

The comments felt like it was aimed at the midfield?

Saturday will be the test, if he starts, he should have looked world class against Northampton’s second 11. I would love to see the player that excited us all against QPR last season but it’s been a very long time.

5 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Saturday will be the test, if he starts, he should have looked world class against Northampton’s second 11. I would love to see the player that excited us all against QPR last season but it’s been a very long time.

Have to agree. Some are getting a bit carried away on here. Yes we played well and beat a dreadful team that we should have. The test will be Sunday.

Regarding fitness and work rate, nothing was mentioned officially as far as I can see but I’m pretty sure he ‘won’ the bleep test on the first training video. On the second video from the following day another player (may have been Szmodics) called him a legend and I assumed it was because of that effort.

53 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

If he starts on Saturday he'll be playing on his own!

:innocent06:

Nagy was at it from the first min until the end, that's the sort of performance we have been waiting and expecting from him since he first came into the side.

Having his box to box energy and the composure of Bakinson in front of the back three gave Palmer the freedom to be free to attack - although even he put a fair shift in defensively, especially when required in the first half.

10 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

A lot have been calling for him to be moved on.

Thought he looked getting up to fitness and in control tonight. Think there's so much more to come from him. Every time he recieved  the ball his head was up looking for a pass.

Don't right him off,type of player every club wants.

I was always a sceptic, however tonight, with the freedom that playing Bakinson gave him. He was brilliant & KP. Goes to show when you take the shackles off, some players shine. 

Archived