IGNORED

Martin and Semenyo

SuperRed

Semenyo has his own thread, so Chris Martin....

....for a bloke lacking pace, he has great movement, but movement with purpose.  If it wasn’t for watching it on tv, I could spend 90 minutes watching.  Look how often he darts to go long, but then checks back to get a ball into feet, and his marker now a couple of yards off, meaning he’s not under challenge when he receives the pass.

Players have confidence to knock it into him.

Around the box, he uses his body so well.  Defenders in fear of getting too tight, in case they get rolled.

He showed some lovely touches to play people in.  And the goal, he was second favourite for.

I don’t think any of us need to be worried about getting carried away for 2 appearances, he’s been doing this stuff for years.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Diedhiou has to be 5th choice at the moment.

Rest of the strikers all bring varied attributes and strengths (and weaknesses) to the table but Diedhiou I'm unsure combines that well with any of them!

Perhaps more fairly, he won't combine with any to a level that sees us hit our optimum.

If Fam is still mulling over his contract offer then I would let him do it from the bench or the stand and be using Wells, Weiman, Martin & Semenyo until he has cone to a decision 

Nice bloke and gives his all when not distracted but he should be nowhere near a starter on Sunday versus Stoke in my opinion 

I don't know whether it was the camera angle but surprised that AS didnt go for goal and headed it back for CM to score. 

Don't mind it because we scored anyway. 

But next week, he may be in the same scenario and when he heads it across goal, one of our players isn't there. 

It could be that it was the only thing he could have done in which case, bravo. Although he was in the 6 yard box, he did have the gk and defenders in the way and thought getting it back across goal was best. Even then you have to guarantee it'll go to the one guy you're heading it too, so in reality, he's done the harder thing ??

41 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I don't know whether it was the camera angle but surprised that AS didnt go for goal and headed it back for CM to score. 

Don't mind it because we scored anyway. 

But next week, he may be in the same scenario and when he heads it across goal, one of our players isn't there. 

It could be that it was the only thing he could have done in which case, bravo. Although he was in the 6 yard box, he did have the gk and defenders in the way and thought getting it back across goal was best. Even then you have to guarantee it'll go to the one guy you're heading it too, so in reality, he's done the harder thing ??

Looks to me like he tried to go for goal but got a bad connection!

Archived