IGNORED

Neil Warnock has Covid

CyderInACan

Best wishes for a full recovery. 
I like him - always have. I love his panto villain act and football is more colourful with him playing his part. One of the games true characters. 
As for his football - he gets results in this tier and has got a CV with many promotions in it. I wouldn’t mind him managing us - I did read somewhere that he stated that he would one day like to manage Bristol City. Might have been rubbish dreamt up by someone but I’m sure I did read it. 
We don’t need him at BS3 right now though. 

Get well soon Neil (Colin) we kind of have a love hate relationship, hope you get well soon, think we all love and admire you really, the great football guy you are, actually would have loved you to have been a City manager in the past, and reading various reports over the years, you kinda would have liked to have managed us, seemed you always had a soft spot for us and would have liked the same, despite the banter down the Gate!

Great football guy, all the best!

Upmost respect for the guy but his teams play shat football. Effective but not for the purists. Hope he gets well soon and manages to make one last appearance at the gate. 
he may even be able to nurture some eyebrows while he is recuperating. 

He is the name behind one of the most memorable   songs sung at the gate for many a year, Ashton road was bouncing to this before the play off semi second leg , Johnson says Warnock is a 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I always wanted to see how Neil would do as manager here but I think his age is now against him in that regard and retirement beckons.

I hope that he shakes this off, ends on a high, and has a long, healthy and happy retirement.

Knowing him and his Panto antics, if he did manage us he might employ impossible tactics and get us into the relegation zone before winking at us and wishing us well - as revenge for beating Palarse in the playoffs and the ‘ghost’ goal!!!!

bless him - get well soon Neil. 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

He’s been a real character and achieved more than most in the game. I would certainly love to meet him and have a pint or two with the the bloke. Hope he gets well soon ?

Me to. I bet he has some wonderful stories about his life in football and I’d ask him who was the best player he ever managed and who was the most difficult.

He’s at an age where he’ll be more susceptible to the worst effects of Covid. Let’s hope he fully recovers 

On 18/09/2020 at 04:10, Redwhitepurple said:

99+% survival rating.. Borrring. Next

There's probably a 100% survival rate from a broken leg. You'd still wish someone well who'd suffered it. 

Thoroughly dislike the bloke. Would NEVER want him anywhere near our club, but obviously wish him and anyone else with covid, or any other illness, well and a speedy recovery. 

On 17/09/2020 at 17:10, CyderInACan said:

I wish him all the best and his family through this. Us city supporters have always hated him. However we only hated him because we are jelious that we never had the opportunity of a head coach with basic old school football class and knowledge Like he as.. He’s a great bloke a massive expert in football coaching, he gets his players fired up and he knows weaknesses in sides his team is up against. I hope he gets well soon and has a speedy recovery.

I wish him all the best. I’ve never been keen on the idea of him being in charge at City, but he is a great character who revels in his pantomime villain role. Football is all the better for such characters. I’ve never met him but I’ve heard he’s a throughly decent and approachable bloke. 

On 17/09/2020 at 21:44, ChippenhamRed said:

Nice thread. I like how the rather serious subject matter has revealed here how, actually, most of us quietly like the man.

Football would be a lot less interesting without characters like Warnock. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I don't particularly like him, however I agree with your second line.

And I wouldn't wish a serious Covid infection on anyone.  It's a horrible disease that kills one in sixteen people it infects in Neil's age group.

Hope it's mild and he's back with his "hilarious" banter soon. 

On 17/09/2020 at 12:18, Matthew me said:

Wishing him all the very best. I'm probably alone on this one.. but always liked him

Never forget when he clapped one of our goals in the play off game against palace 

Deep down, we'd have all loved him to have managed us in the past.

Get well soon Neil

Yes .mate true character not many left he loves the teams he manages he would have loved to have come here all the best to him .

Archived