IGNORED

Are some people getting overexcited?

Judda

I don't want to piss on people's fireworks but are people getting a bit overexcited? We've beaten Exeter, Coventry and now Northampton... now I didn't choose Holden but hope he does well for us... I think after a couple of wins against teams we should beat people are getting a bit overexcited. Let's hope we can continue the winning run against better sides. ?⚽⚽⚽?

No, I think generally people / posters are pleased with last night, but reflective of their standard.  In terms of the Coventry game, I think most people are pleased with the win, but reflective that we weren’t very good for 45-50 minutes.

I think a lot of people see a massive improvement on the way Holden / Simpson have spoken in interviews, especially in terms of their honesty in reflecting what most fans saw too.

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

I don't want to piss on people's fireworks but are people getting a bit overexcited? We've beaten Exeter, Coventry and now Northampton... now I didn't choose Holden but hope he does well for us... I think after a couple of wins against teams we should beat people are getting a bit overexcited. Let's hope we can continue the winning run against better sides. ?⚽⚽⚽?

I'm mostly excited by the application from our players, from the way they were moving for each other, the forward thinking behind our passing and the overall desire to win.

Could lose the next 2 for all I care, but if we are losing whilst giving our all on the pitch, and trying to play decent football, then I'm excited. 

When was the last time we won 4-0 with 77% possession?

After watching 2 years of football where we were lucky to get a shot on target in some games, to now winning 3 in a row - I'm going to enjoy it.

Do you go to weddings and tell the bride and groom that 50% of marriages end in divorce? No, let people enjoy instead of trying to be negative and bring things down. With everything going on in the world right now, a bit of positivity and optimism goes a long way.

37 minutes ago, Judda said:

Yes clearly people are. The first real test is Sunday let's see how we do.

What is over excited? What is the measurement here? You may be this level of excited but no more!

Some people will take our form to mean we will do very well this year, some people will look at the way we played vs Coventry as an indicator that we won't do very well. They'll be extremes on both sides.

We shouldn't sack Massengo, and we shouldn't canonize Semenyo.

Let people people have fun and go on their emotional roller coaster! Being invested in city is good for people until they become zealots.

I think the only bad people are the ones who go "your fun is wrong" if those people aren't hurting anyone by having it. If you stop being excited by the team winning games at least on some level, maybe it's time to find another hobby.

42 minutes ago, Judda said:

Boooooooo

46 minutes ago, Judda said:

If we had lost to Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth then the Holden Out pitch forks and I Told You So posts would be very high. 

Not sure what’s wrong with optimism and excitement!  I know the world is shit right now but football doesn’t have to be doom and gloom as well 

56 minutes ago, Judda said:

Of course we're all getting over excited. But it's football. We win a few games and we're the greatest team on Earth. We win two on the bounce and we're certainties for relegation. That's just how message boards work. Let's enjoy the good feeling whilst it lasts!

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nope, they are seeing what us derided lot have been saying for ages

We have a very decent squad 

and now are getting the results to match. 

To be fair I think most people have been saying we've had a decent squad for quite a long time.

That's the basis of their frustration with our results and performances for the last few years.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nope, they are seeing what us derided lot have been saying for ages

We have a very decent squad 

and now are getting the results to match. 

Stoke will be the litmus test for us IMO to see how good we really can be. Mind you a great start so far which should be applauded and appreciated but without getting carried away. Tis a long season ahead

Yes, completely. 

But with fair reason, its like we've escaped from the captivity of dull football & players who looked too stressed out raise their game over the past couple of seasons into a Nirvana of a happy team, linking up & working hard for the win.

Get the impression team spirit is really high & all are bought into the play to win the shirt mentality. 

Hopefully this continues against stronger opposition

Announce promotion now after 1 game of the league season! 

I wouldn't say its being overexcited more being excited about the football we've played, given what we've been used to in the last couple of seasons seeing attacking football is a sight to behold. 

Also yes we've played Exeter, Coventry and Northampton but 2 of those 2 got promoted so would be on that promotion high and one got to the league two play off final. Stoke is the quote on quote first real test as a few people have them as dark horses. 

Archived