IGNORED

Are some people getting overexcited?

Judda

In a word, yes.

Let's see how we get on against some of the tougher teams in the Championship before we start throwing a tickertape parade for "Deano" down Duckmoor Road.

We looked absolutely awful for much of the game against just-promoted Coventry and only secured three points in the dying stages of a home game.

The positive signs are of a definite improvement in our young players, the new guys all look good additions, and Holden seems a bit more canny with his substitution policy.

We still look good come the start of November and maybe I'll start to get overexcited myself.  But I'm a City fan. I've seen more false dawns than a man who runs a Vera Duckworth lookalike contest....

I'm not sure we are getting too overexcited, inc the game as caretaker his record is now 5 wins 2 draws and one defeat, we are playing much better football and seem to have made some excellent additions to the squad, I thought COd looked a much better player during the last couple of games last season and the players seem far more confident going forward. 

There seems to be some green shoots in terms of performances which are worth getting excited about in my view.

Edit: OK maybe a little :)

We lose at Stoke on Sunday and the tone of this forum will binge on negative output. A promising return last three games has got the majority mass on otib oozing positivity, which makes me feel a tad uncomfortable to be honest. But make no bones, this forum has a ratified history of total shithousery, and god forbid we perform under par at Stoke. Long season, major ups and downs = measure required, simply don’t exist here. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm a positive person and am really enjoying the run so far but some people on here seem to think half the squad that have been slagged off for a couple of years are now world beaters. I hope some good coaching could be turning them round but until we see them really tested we won't know....

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, people aren't being over excited.

Last night we performed fantastically. You can only beat what is in front of you.

We didn't play great Saturday, and criticisms were made then.

Being positive about a positive performance is allowed.

Of course it is but it is hard to know until we play a side expecting to compete at the top of the championship how we compare.  Again I stress not wanting to piss on fireworks just being realistic...

16 minutes ago, Judda said:

Of course it is but it is hard to know until we play a side expecting to compete at the top of the championship how we compare.  Again I stress not wanting to piss on fireworks just being realistic...

But there is no one saying that because we beat Northampton 4-0 we will do that every week or that we will walk the league.
I've not seen anyone going overboard at all, just people enjoying a convincing win. And as said already, there was plenty of criticism of the first halfs against Coventry and Exeter.

It is literally just people enjoying what was a very good performance.

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, people aren't being over excited.

Last night we performed fantastically. You can only beat what is in front of you.

We didn't play great Saturday, and criticisms were made then.

Being positive about a positive performance is allowed.

For the first time in my life-

I'm terrified of being positive.

Archived